• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I got a food and its good for fall and any season .   The taste is like honey and its life to those who eat of it .    CHRIST THE BREAD OF LIFE and the HOLY SCRIPS from which we eat as well.

NOW that food nourishes THE SOUL .      On that note ,   its time to PRAISE THE LORD EVERYONE .  THROW THOSE HANDS UP AND PRAISE THE LORD . 

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

When I visited New England we enjoyed apple pie with cheddar cheese on the side.  And when I was in Canada, we had that and tea 4 pm.  I like that tradition. 

I like it too! 

Assuming that was dinner?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

I like it too! 

Assuming that was dinner?

Yes.  I got to where I really looked forward to tea just before dinner.  

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Around here, comfort food looks a lot like superbowl party food.   We pile tortilla chips on a plate and pile some heated up "Lil Smokies" on top of the chips and then smother them with that nacho cheese dip you make  with Velveeta and Rotel.

Macaroni and (real) cheese with bacon, green onion and chives mixed in and baked in the oven  until it is golden brown on top is also a pretty good way to go. 

And I dont think I have ever met anyone who didnt like macaroni and cheese! Sounds like a winning recipe. My grands would really like it.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes.  I got to where I really looked forward to tea just before dinner.  

Earl Grey?

Any particular fav?

I like tea too and not sweet tea that is so popular here. Lol

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Sure can , but bake them along side of some very fresh ones and see if you want to bother doing that twice. Oh fill the core with a pat of butter and fill it with Vermont Maple Syrup then bake. Have ice cream or real whipped cream on them and serve both hot or, even better, refrigerated.

Sounds like a good fattening recipe. I think Ill try cinnamon in a water bath and steam them . Ill let you know if the lowfat version is all it is cracked up to be. Ha!

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Earl Grey?

Any particular fav?

I like tea too and not sweet tea that is so popular here. Lol

Earl Grey, Constant Comment, are two that that I like.   

When it comes to tea, I am the same way.   I like unsweetened iced tea with lemon.  Really hits the spot after a hot day of working in the yard. :)

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

And I dont think I have ever met anyone who didnt like macaroni and cheese! Sounds like a winning recipe. My grands would really like it.

I could actually for some of that, right now!!

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Earl Grey, Constant Comment, are two that that I like.   

When it comes to tea, I am the same way.   I like unsweetened iced tea with lemon.  Really hits the spot after a hot day of working in the yard. :)

Yep. I like 3/4 unsweetened tea and 1/4 pink lemonade; arnold palmer