IGNORED

Fall is upon us. Comfort food! Yum

Guest 1sheep

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

How about swedish meatballs?  Made it for the first time today, and 85 meat balls total,  froze 60 ish for quick dinners. I think i prefer spagetti & meatballs with nice fresh made italian tomato sauce. 

Gosh you were busy today! 

Did you make with roux based brown gravy? 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Davida said:

How about swedish meatballs?  Made it for the first time today, and 85 meat balls total,  froze 60 ish for quick dinners. I think i prefer spagetti & meatballs with nice fresh made italian tomato sauce. 

Sounds good!  85 meatballs?  Do you have a giant freezer to store all of that?  I love meatballs, Swedish, Italian, all that.  I am also a big fan of meatloaf.  My mom's recipe is the one I am partial to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Comfort food: a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato rice soup with basil.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357

I think French silk chocolate pie is a good comfort food, as well.  I could make myself sick on that.   <<< major chocoholic. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Sounds good!  85 meatballs?  Do you have a giant freezer to store all of that?  I love meatballs, Swedish, Italian, all that.  I am also a big fan of meatloaf.  My mom's recipe is the one I am partial to.

I havent had meatloaf since I was a kid. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

I havent had meatloaf since I was a kid. 

Same here.  It has been a long time.  She was also great at fried chicken.   Her cooking would bring peace to the middle east.  You can't be mad while eating fried chicken.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Care to share your meatloaf recipe?   I have several but always look for more.    My husband liked it made with cream of mushroom soup and crackers.   I like the classic with oatmeal, chopped onions and catsup with BBQ on  top.  My mom made it with chopped canned tomatoes, bread and onions.  Love meatloaf.

5 minutes ago, Willa said:

Comfort food: a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato rice soup with basil.  

Grilled cheese is a go to thats for sure. 

Do you leave yours plain or do you add butter or mayo?