IGNORED

Fall is upon us. Comfort food! Yum

Guest 1sheep

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Willa said:

Care to share your meatloaf recipe?   I have several but always look for more.    My husband liked it made with cream of mushroom soup and crackers.   I like the classic with oatmeal, chopped onions and catsup with BBQ on  top.  My mom made it with chopped canned tomatoes, bread and onions.  Love meatloaf.

I know she used bread crumbs and eggs and she used salt and pepper and covered it in ketchup but that is all I know.  I don't have her recipe at this time.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I grill it buttered but not inside.  My husband buttered both sides of the bread.  Never heard of mayo on it but I like miracle whip on cold cheese sandwiches.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I know she used bread crumbs and eggs and she used salt and pepper and covered it in ketchup but that is all I know.  I don't have her recipe at this time.  

oops, I left out the egg.   Just bought the hamburger to make one!

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I think French silk chocolate pie is a good comfort food, as well.  I could make myself sick on that.   <<< major chocoholic. 

A chocoholic eh? 

I never have been. Im a vanilla nut. I do like chocolate sometimes and Im kinda a snob. Lol

I only eat the 85% cocoa dark.

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

I grill it buttered but not inside.  My husband buttered both sides of the bread.  Never heard of mayo on it but I like miracle whip on cold cheese sandwiches.  

You know I preferred miracle whip for 45 yrs and then something with my taste buds changed. I hate it now. 

Isnt that odd? 

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Lol! This time I made bite size meatballs.  Usually I do those big ones with spaghetti that you only need two per serving.  I love meatballs too and porcupines - the ones with rice in them? served in some tomato sauce again - side caesar salad and chunk of crusty italian bread-Mmm-mm-mm!

You italian? 

You like marinara sauces like I do. Im not italian though. Haha

Just now, Davida said:

Sort of , I used beef boullion with heavy coconut milk as my sauce and thickened with a  roux, substituted coconut milk for the usual whipping cream to save cholesterol!

Good idea. 

I had butternut squash soup and threw in some green beans. Your sounds better.

11 minutes ago, Willa said:

oops, I left out the egg.   Just bought the hamburger to make one!

You ever had bison? It is the absolute best! Kinda pricey but every so often I must have a bison burger

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Nope , but I do love tomato sauce and Italian bread beats french stick with me every time.  Unfortunately I'm gluten free so I can't eat the wheat bread anymore. I have the celiac gene but not celiac but have developed a gluten sensitivity so I have to abstain.  

OIC. Hmm...does dark bread have glutten? All I eat is mainly pumpernickel