• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/13/2019 at 6:53 AM, Jesusispeace said:

How do you get “get yourself wisdom?”

Is this a trick question? Or are trying to make fun of his phrasing?

• Group:  Members

On 8/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, Heybro said:

Everything else you said was fine, but this last sentence, really!!! 

I believe this last sentence was not meant to be taken seriously. It was an expression of his personality to punctuate such a heavy serious topic with some humor—to let you know he’s a light hearted kind of guy. Do you guys never use humor? Have you never had a personal taste that was not preferred by other Christians but wasn’t a “sin”—therefore something you are free in Christ to enjoy? Come on lighten up you guys! Please?! You’re giving me an anxiety attack ?

On 8/14/2019 at 7:49 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

Knowledge is knowing facts about things.  Understanding is knowing the relationships between facts.  Wisdom is being able to consistently use and apply knowledge and understanding to actual situations in life in a godly way.

In Jesus's day, the Jews had the knowledge of the Law about the Sabbath and specific things that could or could not be done.  Jewish scholars over the centuries arrived at an understanding of what it meant to keep the Sabbath and derived principles and rules which extended beyond those things specifically mentioned in the Law.  They addressed situations not specifically mentioned in the Law.   Then Jesus came along and simply pointed out God created the Sabbath as a blessing for man and not as a heavy weight to be carried.  The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath.

Many Christians mistake knowledge and understanding for wisdom.   Christians who have knowledge will quote bible verses.  Christians who have some degree of understanding will debate theological points and enforce rules based on knowledge and theology.  Christians who have wisdom will encourage and inspire people and speak God's guidance to particular situations in a way that drives positive spiritual change.  For those who have wisdom, knowledge and understanding are merely tools and not ends in themselves.

Many Christians take James 1:5 as meaning that wisdom is something like a light switch where you either have it or you don't and that it suddenly arrives all at once in answer to prayer.   I think there is situational wisdom in which God gives guidance for a particular situation.  However, I also think there is a general fruit of wisdom wherein wisdom starts to characterize our very thoughts and attitudes toward people and situations.  As far as I can tell, that is something which we need to desire and seek after which God causes to grow in our lives over time.

Often wisdom seems to come from asking Why? and not being satisfied with the first answer but learning how to find answers.   Asking Why? without knowing how to find answers often leads to a cynical skepticism masquerading as something virtuous.  Learning how to ask good questions and learning how to find good answers is a first step toward gaining wisdom.  So is figuring out who are wise people to learn from.  There is no shortage of people who can dispense knowledge and understanding, but those who dispense wisdom are rarer.  There is no shortage of people who give the impression of being wise through fancy talk and sheer confidence and will spout advice at every situation, but there are fewer who can consistently give wise counsel that bears spiritual fruit in the long run.

EDIT:  I too should add that everything I've written here presupposes that one is walking with God on a consistent basis and growing spiritually.  It is the atoning work of Jesus Christ that makes us a new creation and transforms us.  To some degree wisdom is a natural result of walking with God.  But to some degree, some Christians just seem to be satisfied with knowledge and understanding and never press on to wisdom.

Beautifully written. Did u copy/paste that from somewhere? Lol jk 

On 9/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, createdequal said:

The original Church teaches that the highest prayer is the Holy Mass.

of course, one cannot always go to Mass in the middle of a demonic attack. I find the rosary works well.. saying the name of Jesus over and over works

Although the name of Jesus is powerful, simply repeating or chanting words is empty and meaningless. Matt 6:7 says “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.”

On 8/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Jesusispeace said:

THis is know.

I ask everyday...

it seems like it never happens 

When I was little my father told me I greatly lacked wisdom. I prayed hard every day for wisdom. Well, first of all, I didn’t really understand what it was. I read and knew all the Bible verses about it, but I didn’t understand what it was. And I felt like no matter how hard I prayed, I never got any wisdom. So I begin to think that God just wasn’t going to give me any, maybe bc I didn’t deserve any.  

Many many years later I think I am finally understanding what wisdom is. It is the ability to apply the knowledge you have. There are different kinds of wisdom, but mostly the biggest one you want is the divine wisdom you get from God. I agree that some wisdom God gives you at the moment—situational wisdom—and other wisdom you gain over time.

I don’t think He just dumps it all in your hand at one time like a huge package that u open and *poof* you are wise, like perhaps (although we don’t know for sure) Solomon had. I believe the Holy Spirit teaches it to you as you are able to handle it, directing you to apply the Biblical knowledge you have acquired as circumstances arise before you. You most likely already have wisdom, but you just don’t know it, if you have been praying and asking Him for it. I say this bc He is faithful and has promised it to all who ask for it. And He never fails to keep His promises, even if we don’t see it. 

Edited by Last Child

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I am sure you use wisdom every day of your life as you make wise choices.  Look for when God moves you to do or say something and you will see wisdom.

Edited to add James 3:13-18

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.  But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.  This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.  For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.  Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Edited by OneLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Last Child said:

Beautifully written. Did u copy/paste that from somewhere? Lol jk 

Actually, ...as we study the Word and specifically the Proverbs,

Knowledge is Jesus,

Understanding is the Holy Spirit,

Wisdom is the Father;

Now if we go back and reread and plug in this "knowledge" to what Gad... has posted, ...we will "get" wisdom.

Lord bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

I'm surprised this verse has not been posted for the OP.

You are of God, little children, and you have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.  1 John 4:4

Shamans and witches only have the power the devil can give them and the devil is on a very short leash when it comes to God's children.

Three times I have had the forces of darkness try to curse me, ...the first time it was a shaman and I didn't even know about it until I asked my Tahitian friends why they didn't come around any more and they told me I had been "cursed" by a shaman, ...I laughed and asked them, "Does it look like I've been cursed, ...and told them "my" TE ATUA (God in Tahitian) is more powerful than any shaman!"

The second time a lady brought a witch to my workshop to curse me, she stayed in the car, as I realized what she was doing I just said "Jesus..." ...no fear in my voice, just with the attitude and confidence of my Big Brother taking care of this, ...her eyes literally bugged out of her head, with stark terror written on her face, ...she stared hitting the woman who brought her screaming, "GET me out of here!!!"

The third time the same lady brought a shaman at night to try and "curse" me, his incantations and frenzy standing outside the gate of our house woke me up, ...this time I also said, "Jesus," only with an attitude of, ...again Lord, don't they ever learn?  ...and went back to sleep...

Their "ain't no" shaman or witch that can stand face to face with GOD the Holy Spirit!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Last Child said:

Maybe you could enlighten him then with some help. How was your comment more helpful than his? He put something out there that he believes with a passion to start a discussion. Did he claim to have all the answers or that he was trying to teach this session? Imho your comment came off rather condescending :(

You're bashing other people's posts here and I'm being condescending? I suppose you don't find the below statement to be of that nature either. Please re-read it. At the ending statement is an inappropriate word, so it was personally edited out. It's also indicative of egotism, and the OP in this instance was not asking for advice, but giving it. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:44 AM, Sharky and George said:

Dealing with witchcraft

How to defend yourself:

- Sensibly listen to Christian heavy metal like "Seventh day slumber", do some press ups and have some (deleted word) courage!

Bless you,

Shalom

Listen to heavy metal music to battle witchcraft? Really? 

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

You're bashing other people's posts here and I'm being condescending? I suppose you don't find the below statement to be of that nature either. Please re-read it. At the ending statement is an inappropriate word, so it was personally edited out. It's also indicative of egotism, and the OP in this instance was not asking for advice, but giving it. 

Listen to heavy metal music to battle witchcraft? Really? 

I'm sorry you feel I am bashing other ppl's posts. I have been thinking about them, asking questions, giving my opinions, and trying to help where I could. If I have bashed anyone's post please tell me, and I will correct it. Please in advance know that it was not my intention and forgive me. Sometimes I come across more harshly than I mean to. I am an analytical thinker, and my mind picks up on what it thinks is wrong right away, and like a tiny noob computer tries to start figuring out how to fix it. It is just how I was created. My professors used to say to me, "you know how to take spaghetti and make it straight, getting right to the heart of the problem" lol. 

I am a truth speaker and justice fighter. But I realize that not everyone appreciates these… "finer" qualities--ok so no one appreciates anyone telling them what is wrong, not even me. I have been working hard to temper it with grace and gentleness. The OP was not presented in a style of your liking. I cannot speak for him, although I did try to defend him.

I have obviously offended you. I am sorry. Perhaps in stating that imo your post was condescending, my post came across that way too. For that I apologize.

Please allow me to say, disagreeing with a certain style of music or the humor that a poster is using, should not merit harsh criticism either. Have you read the lyrics to the song he suggested? What if you had proposed a song, a hymn or chant that you loved to counter a witchcraft ritual that someone was bringing up against you? And you believed that the words of that song were  speaking truth against the evil before you. Would you want someone else ridiculing you? I'm speaking purely hypothetically of course. Even if you deny that you would ever do such a thing, whatever you choose to do before the Lord, in your own heart, that you believe is a truthful and meaningful offering before Him to fight evil, so long as it is does not go against anything in His Word, you would not want to be ridiculed for. And certainly not publicly or in a place where you were seeking more open discussion on the matter. No doubt you have insights and experience that he could reap from, that you would be blessed and be a blessing to give. So here's just an idea: feed him. Grit your teeth, I know you hate the music, but bear each others' burdens, and teach him. 

Edited by Last Child