Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness. 

1 Corinthians 4:4 (NKJV)
For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

Paul so speaks of himself that “he knew of nothing against himself.” Than he goes on to say that just because this is so, doesn’t mean he's justified before God. Or in other words just because he knew of no sin in his life. Didn’t mean he didn’t have any. Just he wasn’t aware of any till the Lord touched this or that part of his life that still needed to be perfected. But to be able to say as Paul said of himself “I know nothing against myself”. Does seem to be a bar that Paul raised as a standard for all Christians. For we are all called to walk in newness of life. What can newness of life mean, except something new,  that we were incapable of walking in before. 

Was Paul bragging when he stated this truth, or was he stating a simple truth that was available for all Christians?

That we, as His people, might walk, and know what it means to walk in newness of life. Blessings to all that call on His name, in Spirit and truth. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Loved it! 2

49 minutes ago, Not me said:

The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness. 

For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

Paul so speaks of himself that “he knew of nothing against himself.” Than he goes on to say that just because this is so, doesn’t mean he's justified before God. Or in other words just because he knew of no sin in his life. Didn’t mean he didn’t have any. Just he wasn’t aware of any till the Lord touched this or that part of his life that still needed to be perfected. But to be able to say as Paul said of himself “I know nothing against myself”. Does seem to be a bar that Paul raised as a standard for all Christians. For we are all called to walk in newness of life. What can newness of life mean, except something new,  that we were incapable of walking in before. 

Was Paul bragging when he stated this truth, or was he stating a simple truth that was available for all Christians?

That we, as His people, might walk, and know what it means to walk in newness of life. Blessings to all that call on His name, in Spirit and truth. 

"The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness." 

Excellent post! Jesus set the bar for us to walk as He walked--without sin...He was the Pattern Son and His grace is available to all Christians.

I will no more speak much with you, for the prince of the world cometh: and he hath nothing in me. John 14:30 ASV

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus set that bar way to high for me......if only there were another way....I just don’t have enough eyes to pluck out every time I lust.....I think I’ll have to resort to doing it God’s way-faith in His Son

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Not me said:

If we come to the Lord in repentance when we are aware of any sin He cleanses us every time. The problem is with those who maintain that because Christ died for their sins nothing they do from the time they begin to have faith in Him for salvation counts as a sin. This false notion contradicts Scripture.

1Jn 1:5-10
(5)  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
(6)  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
(7)  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
(8)  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

If we come to the Lord in repentance when we are aware of any sin He cleanses us every time. The problem is with those who maintain that because Christ died for their sins nothing they do from the time they begin to have faith in Him for salvation counts as a sin. This false notion contradicts Scripture.

(5)  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
(6)  If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
(7)  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
(8)  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

“ Nothing they do counts as sin”......Untrue......it’s still sin,it’s just sin that has been payed for.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Not me said:

In context:

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you. For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we areweak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have yenot many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

From commentary by John Gills:

1 Corinthians 4:4

For I know nothing by myself
Which must be understood with a restriction to the subject he is upon, faithfulness in the ministry; otherwise he knew much by himself of indwelling sin, and the corruption of his nature, which he sometimes found very strong and prevalent in him, and of the daily infirmities of life; but as to his ministerial service, he was pure from the blood of all men; he honestly declared what he knew to be the mind of God, and concealed nothing that might be useful to men; in this he had a clear conscience, void of offence both towards God and men,

Yet am I not hereby justified;
from all fault and blame, which might possibly escape his knowledge and observation; for in many things all offend, and no man can understand all his errors; and there might be some mistakes which the apostle was not privy to, or conscious of; and were he even free from all, he declares, that such an unstained integrity, in the discharge of his ministerial work, was not the matter of his justification before God, nor did he depend upon it:

but he that judgeth me is the Lord;
either who adjudges me to eternal life, justifying me through the righteousness of his Son, in which alone I desire to be found, living and dying; or he that knows my heart, and all my ways, will be my judge at the last day; and to his judgment I appeal and submit, and sit easy in the mean while under all the censures and calumnies of men. The apostle did, as his Lord and Saviour had done before him, who, when he was reviled and reproached by men, conscious of his own innocence and integrity, committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

7 hours ago, In Him said:

"The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness." 

Excellent post! Jesus set the bar for us to walk as He walked--without sin...He was the Pattern Son and His grace is available to all Christians.

I will no more speak much with you, for the prince of the world cometh: and he hath nothing in me. John 14:30 ASV

Thanks! To have a heart that longs to live sinlessly before God. Such a treasured heart to have,  that will settle for nothing less. Blessings 

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus set that bar way to high for me......if only there were another way....I just don’t have enough eyes to pluck out every time I lust.....I think I’ll have to resort to doing it God’s way-faith in His Son

Sorry to hear that Jesus put the bar to high for you. 

But glad to hear your doing it God’s way though. 

Keep pressing in to Christ, Blessings

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

We are told in scripture to;

”work out our own salvation with fear and trembling”

also “be prefect as your Father is prefect”

Blessing to all that will settle for nothing less! 

39 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

In context:

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you. For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we areweak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have yenot many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

From commentary by John Gills:

1 Corinthians 4:4

For I know nothing by myself
Which must be understood with a restriction to the subject he is upon, faithfulness in the ministry; otherwise he knew much by himself of indwelling sin, and the corruption of his nature, which he sometimes found very strong and prevalent in him, and of the daily infirmities of life; but as to his ministerial service, he was pure from the blood of all men; he honestly declared what he knew to be the mind of God, and concealed nothing that might be useful to men; in this he had a clear conscience, void of offence both towards God and men,

Yet am I not hereby justified;
from all fault and blame, which might possibly escape his knowledge and observation; for in many things all offend, and no man can understand all his errors; and there might be some mistakes which the apostle was not privy to, or conscious of; and were he even free from all, he declares, that such an unstained integrity, in the discharge of his ministerial work, was not the matter of his justification before God, nor did he depend upon it:

but he that judgeth me is the Lord;
either who adjudges me to eternal life, justifying me through the righteousness of his Son, in which alone I desire to be found, living and dying; or he that knows my heart, and all my ways, will be my judge at the last day; and to his judgment I appeal and submit, and sit easy in the mean while under all the censures and calumnies of men. The apostle did, as his Lord and Saviour had done before him, who, when he was reviled and reproached by men, conscious of his own innocence and integrity, committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

There are many authors and writers that have many different interpretations of scriptures. So how is one to know which one to listen to? 

Scripture says; “let each man be fully convinced in his heart”

If you are convinced in your heart that what Mr Gill wrote is accurate and correct I wish you all the blessings of Christ. I’m not convinced, but than I don’t matter, just what the Spirit of Christ is speaking to your heart. That is what you need and have to listen to. 

Much love in Christ to all, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi,  I think you asked a question inviting responses. My own point is that  more often than not the context along with the historical setting, and knowledge of the culture of the people being addressed, help narrow and make sense of that which is being shared.

In isolation, and without context of knowing what the overall topic is and why it was being addressed most any verse can be altered to fit  most any preconceived desire for it's use. Context tends to limit that license.

Commentary is often helpful in learning of the fuller context and the culture and people being addressed directly as aid in  our later use  today.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,  I think you asked a question inviting responses. My own point is that  more often than not the context along with the historical setting, and knowledge of the culture of the people being addressed, help narrow and make sense of that which is being shared.

In isolation, and without context of knowing what the overall topic is and why it was being addressed most any verse can be altered to fit  most any preconceived desire for it's use. Context tends to limit that license.

Commentary is often helpful in learning of the fuller context and the culture and people being addressed directly as aid in  our later use  today.

What you have stated above is true and correct (to human reasoning). And I find no fault with it. But it is only a step to something deeper. 

But scripture was not wrote to human reasoning, it was wrote to the spirit that dwells in man that man’s spirit, which is his real life might grow.

For all Christians have had the experience where God has opened up a scripture to them and they understood the scripture on a much deeper level. This is why I found no fault with your writings. I only pointed you back to the Spirit of Christ in you. For it is only the Spirit of Christ in the believer that  can interpret scripture the correct way. This is why I  stated what I thought “matters not” only what the Spirit of Christ is speaking to your heart. 

Again this brings the question, how is one to know? This is where ones personal relationship with Christ comes in and is so critical in the believers life, for it is the decider. For all true growth in Christ comes from Christ being formed in the believers heart to a greater and greater degree. For to understand the written word is the first step towards  knowing the Living Word. For the written Word of God only purpose is to point to the Living Word of God, that we might go to Him that we might receive of Him. 

But  you are correct,  I left a open ended question that was meant to be rhetorical. What Paul was speaking to,  was and is something that is for all Christians in all ages. 

That all Christians would  walk a walk before God where they could say as Paul did “I know nothing against myself”

Even before Paul makes that statement he says he “judges not himself”

Why would he make this statement? 

Paul knew that passing judgement on himself with human reasoning is  futile. For He saw only to the degree Christ has been formed in him could he walk in newness of life. As it is with all Christians even to this day

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

Well I guess I find the wisdom of those gifted by the Holy Spirit to pastor and to preach to be of tremendous value to me.

I do distrust that which is of my own private interpretation only. especially  if I have cherry picked a verse to fit my thought.

If fact I disregard any private reveal entirely, if I cannot confirm it in others too. I see no such thing as self edification being  of benefit if it exists, instead only the personally dangerous risk  for a self puffing up instead.

Some have  come along even here on Worthy announcing God's special reveal to them that they are to share with us. I tend to think it is not God speaking to them, nor will it be God speaking to me should I end up with a personal enlightenment of the word of God that is not seen nor known to others.

I just don't see the validity of private interpretation. I do see personal application of the word of God! But that is very different.