IGNORED

Sinlessness.

Not me

On 10/17/2018 at 1:49 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sorry to hear that Jesus put the bar to high for you. 

But glad to hear your doing it God’s way though

If my way is God’s Way  ,faith in what Jesus accomplished at the Cross......what is YOUR way? Jesus set the bar too high for a good reason.He wants us to see we can’t be justified before a Holy God by human merit.We must turn to our Savior.Do you really think that Jesus wants us to pluck out our eyes rather than lust?You and I and every other man would be blind. Perhaps He was making the point that I just spoke of.Our performance is filthy rags before God.Jesus performance that enabled Him to be the perfect Sacrifice on our behalf and save us from an eternity in Hell is the basis of our worshipping Him.If we can be perfect, Jesus died for no reason.Those on Judgement Day trying to make it in because they think they lived “ good enough” or even “ perfect” will be hearing very bad news.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Eph 2:10

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Gal 5:25    Sons of God are lead by the Spirit of God. Ro 8:13

• So that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord
  • to please Him in all respects
  • bearing fruit in every good work  
  • and increasing in the knowledge of God 
  • strengthened with all power according to His glorious might
  • for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience, joyously. Col 1:10-11

The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 Jn 2:6

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15

For you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Eph 5:8

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to

1. do justly
  2. love mercy
  3. walk humbly with thy God .Micah 6:8

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 7:21

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Mat 6:10

Therefore, brothers, give diligence to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things you shall never fall. 2 Peter 1:10

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by Him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 2 Peter 3:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, In Him said:

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Gal 5:25    Sons of God are lead by the Spirit of God. Ro 8:13

The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 Jn 2:6

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:15

For you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Eph 5:8

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to

1. do justly
  2. love mercy

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. John 6:38

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 7:21

Therefore, brothers, give diligence to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things you shall never fall. 2 Peter 1:10

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by Him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 2 Peter 3:14

There was a lot of effort put in this post. Wonderderful read, so encouraging and a plea to walk worthy of our calling. Blessing to you for the effort and success. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, In Him said:

1. do justly
  2. love mercy

Great verses....Not really sure how they pertain to my post.I am talking about the futility of trying to be saved by your performance,your good works.These types of people are still lost.You are taking quotes that Paul said to the saved Followers of the Gospel, the True Believers who believed Christ died for their sins and rose from the grave and did not add their works , lest they follow an “accursed” gospel —The “perverted Gospel” That Paul warned  about .I am not talking about the things Peter and Paul wrote about as part of the saved Believer’s walk of Sanctification.As far as doing “God’s Will”, that would be “ believing on the One He sent.” Faith in the Shed Blood Of That “One” is what saves. The other goodies you refer to are fulfilled to the extent that we “walk by the Spirit”—— only possible AFTER we are saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/16/2018 at 5:07 AM, Not me said:

The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness. 

1 Corinthians 4:4 (NKJV)
For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

Paul so speaks of himself that “he knew of nothing against himself.” Than he goes on to say that just because this is so, doesn’t mean he's justified before God. Or in other words just because he knew of no sin in his life. Didn’t mean he didn’t have any. Just he wasn’t aware of any till the Lord touched this or that part of his life that still needed to be perfected. But to be able to say as Paul said of himself “I know nothing against myself”. Does seem to be a bar that Paul raised as a standard for all Christians. For we are all called to walk in newness of life. What can newness of life mean, except something new,  that we were incapable of walking in before. 

Was Paul bragging when he stated this truth, or was he stating a simple truth that was available for all Christians?

That we, as His people, might walk, and know what it means to walk in newness of life. Blessings to all that call on His name, in Spirit and truth. 

Hello @Not me,

The verses that comes to my mind are

'But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, 
.. we have fellowship one with another, 
.... and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, 
.. we deceive ourselves,
.... and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, 
.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, 
.... and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, 
.. we make Him a liar, 

.... and His word is not in us.' 
(1 John 1:7-10) 

* We are to reckon ourselves to be 'dead indeed unto sin' but alive unto God, for by God's reckoning we are indeed 'holy and without blame' before Him already, in Christ Jesus His Son - by His grace. However we will never be sinless while in the flesh. Only in resurrection will we be free from this body of death, and conformed to His likeness.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Christine said:

Hello @Not me,

The verses that comes to my mind are

'But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, 
.. we have fellowship one with another, 
.... and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, 
.. we deceive ourselves,
.... and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, 
.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, 
.... and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, 
.. we make Him a liar, 

.... and His word is not in us.' 
(1 John 1:7-10) 

* We are to reckon ourselves to be 'deadindeed unto sin' but alive unto God, for by God's reckoning we are indeed 'holy and without blame' before Him, in Christ Jesus His Son, by His grace. However we will never be sinless while in the flesh. Only in resurrection will we be free from this body of death, and conformed to His likeness.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Oh yes! We indeed are to; 

“reckon ourselfs dead onto sin and alive onto God”

To know and understand this truth by experience, is the way to walk in newness of life. Blessings! 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, In Him said:

Yes, thank God for Jesus our advocate..but we must all appear before Christ's judgement-seat in our true characters, that each man will be paid in his body anything that was done by him, whether of good or of evil. 2 Cor 5:10 Weymouth NT/Aramaic Bible

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 1Peter 1:14

Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 2 Cor 7:1

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. Heb 12:14

For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. 1 Thes 4:7

So that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, Phil 1:10

Are you holy ? Are you pure? On the day of the judgment seat of Christ  could you confess that. How do we stay pure and Holy?  There is a way but do you know what it is.?  This by no means that one lives in perfectness

Hint --- Blessed are those who HUNGER AND THIRST after righteousness for they shall be filled. Do we seek after it everyday? Do we seek to spend time with Jesus everyday?  Do we ask Him to help us every day?

God bless

Edited by Mike Mclees

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Great verses....Not really sure how they pertain to my post.I am talking about the futility of trying to be saved by your performance,your good works.These types of people are still lost.You are taking quotes that Paul said to the saved Followers of the Gospel, the True Believers who believed Christ died for their sins and rose from the grave and did not add their works , lest they follow an “accursed” gospel —The “perverted Gospel” That Paul warned  about .I am not talking about the things Peter and Paul wrote about as part of the saved Believer’s walk of Sanctification.As far as doing “God’s Will”, that would be “ believing on the One He sent.” Faith in the Shed Blood Of That “One” is what saves. The other goodies you refer to are fulfilled to the extent that we “walk by the Spirit”—— only possible AFTER we are saved.

I apologize for 'tagging' onto your post. I asked myself the same question after I went to bed, realizing that I can just post underneath, not having to hit 'quote'.

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Are you holy ? Are you pure? On the day of the judgment seat of Christ  could you confess that. How do we stay pure and Holy?  There is a way but do you know what it is.?  This by no means that one lives in perfectness

Hint --- Blessed are those who HUNGER AND THIRST after righteousness for they shall be filled. Do we seed after it everyday? Do we seek to spend time with Jesus everyday?  Do we ask Him to help us every day?

God bless

Hi Mike:

To me, my post was all about the first sentence of the OP in this thread...

The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness....which translated to righteousness and holiness, to me. 

And yes, I really did hunger and thirst after it...after my kingdom of self was shaken to the core. Now, by His grace, He's given me great desire to experience His Kingdom and to be among the few and the overcomers in Revelation.

We won't be judged by our beliefs, but what we did with the talent(s) (grace) He gave us. (Parable of the talents).

Edited by In Him
added (grace)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, In Him said:

Hi Mike:

To me, my post was all about the first sentence of the OP in this thread...

The desire of every heart that is after God;  To live before Him in sinlessness....which translated to righteousness and holiness, to me. 

And yes, I really did hunger and thirst after it...after my kingdom of self was shaken to the core. Now, by His grace, He's given me great desire to experience His Kingdom and to be among the few and the overcomers in Revelation.

We won't be judged by our beliefs, but what we did with the talent(s) He gave us. (Parable of the talents).

I should have started at the beginning. My point was that even when we have come to Christ we will still struggle. I say it from personal experience, but as Paul said I strive for the mark in the high calling of Christ Jesus.

Be blessed In Him  ?

Hi Mike: taking a little liberty here; this is the opening of one of George's multiple posts/teaching on Worthy that I found and enjoyed. Hope you're blessed.

Deeper Understanding of the Kingdom

However, if you truly grasp the concept of the Kingdom... and about being a true overcomer.... then you'll NEVER settle into mediocrity and you'll strive toward the high calling we have! When you truly understand the message of the Kingdom, then you'll live a life of obedience, faith and power!

How does a King act? Does a King cower in fear? Or does he walk with some chutzpah in his step! He knows who he is! He knows his authority and powerand in this light, he's able to walk without fear or inhibition about the challenges that he faces.

How does a Priest act? A priest is to act holy, righteous, meek, and pure! So understanding the true Kingdom message...will propel you into STRIVING for the KINGDOM of Godfirst in your hearts... and the reality of the Kingdom of God coming!

Let's us press into our High calling as Kings and Priests of the Most High!