Not in the theme of the post

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus found all of us poluted in this world, and his desire for us is to begin a cleansing work with us. 

But we often resist and defend and excuse and justified our state of been. 

He wants us to be cleansed...

It means because we are his he wants us clean...

That tell us when we are in this process we are his as we are...

We are redeemed as we are. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Im not sure what it is you would like to know. An advocate is one who stands in or speaks for another 1 John 2:1 My little children these things I write unto you that you sin not, and if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous. 

we are admonished not to sin but if we slip and sin Jesus stands in for us because we are washed in His blood. 

Go back to 1John 1: 7-9 If we walk in the light as he is in the light we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin we lie and the truth is not in us . If we confess our sin he is faith and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There is verses that say we don't sin, but some mistake these verses. It is clear that the verses I shared tell us we do sin and need Jesus to be our advocate.

Hebrews 4: 15,16 for we do not have a high priest which cannot be touched with feeling of our infirmities, but in all points tempted like as we are , yet without sin.Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I pray this helps to understand what I have already expressed about our advocate with the Father   

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Thank God for Jesus our advocate. No man is sinless just as no man is able to keep the law. This is not that we have an excuse to sin but we will all fail perfection.  We are striving for the mark of the high calling in Christ  Jesus

Yes, thank God for Jesus our advocate..but we must all appear before Christ's judgement-seat in our true characters, that each man will be paid in his body anything that was done by him, whether of good or of evil. 2 Cor 5:10 Weymouth NT/Aramaic Bible

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 1Peter 1:14

Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 2 Cor 7:1

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. Heb 12:14

For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. 1 Thes 4:7

So that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, Phil 1:10

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Im not sure what it is you would like to know. An advocate is one who stands in or speaks for another 1 John 2:1 My little children these things I write unto you that you sin not, and if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous. 

we are admonished not to sin but if we slip and sin Jesus stands in for us because we are washed in His blood. 

Go back to 1John 1: 7-9 If we walk in the light as he is in the light we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin we lie and the truth is not in us . If we confess our sin he is faith and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There is verses that say we don't sin, but some mistake these verses. It is clear that the verses I shared tell us we do sin and need Jesus to be our advocate.

Hebrews 4: 15,16 for we do not have a high priest which cannot be touched with feeling of our infirmities, but in all points tempted like as we are , yet without sin.Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I pray this helps to understand what I have already expressed about our advocate with the Father   

Thank you for taking the time and labouring to make something understood...

I have to make it known that I am still intagle...

Is this all about sins? 

Should I be afraid of sins? 

Can sins still give death , as in the old Covenant? 

Why would they say: 

They wages of sin is death in the old, when we know that they did not have the Life in the  Old Covenant. 

That Jesus is the Life...

What did they mean with death in the old...

Thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

We can and do sin. But we don't pratice sin. It's not our way. Our way is to follow Jesus. And to yield to righteousness.  Ur way is to practice love. Like Jesus said I give you a commandment to love one another. If you pratice this you will abide in him. But we still sin. Our flesh is still endow with the old nature. It wars against the Spirit of life. But we can walk in the truth as we keep our eye on Jesus Christ. Then he shows us day by day the way to go. The path of righteousness. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Interesting topic and posts I've read.

Not sure what else I could possibly add except appreciation for the information I obtained.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
(1Ti 1:15)

Step aside Paul, there’s a new chief in town.I thank God for His Grace.

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What I've been reading on this thread, you won't be dethroned any time too soon.

Could you elaborate on this,please? Thanking you in advance......

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

There are many on here that have a hard time seeing themselves as squaw of sinners let alone chief.

“ Squaw of sinners” three words that have never been uttered since the beginning of time.....I love it! I’ll have to run that by my wife when she gets up.

As I travel this road of faith I feel like I get closer and closer to God as time goes by.The closer we get to God,the farther away we should see ourselves.Sensing one’s self as a serious sinner is a positive thing.It’not only a mark of humility—-It’s the Truth.Whether one has been saved 5 years or 50 years, we STILL need all the Grace we can get.