IGNORED

can God fully step into the shoes of our earthly parents?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

there is this saying, when your mother dies, the wind blows so much harder. for those of you who have lost your mother, have you found that God is able to replace your mom in one way or another, or not really and why?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Although I still have my elderly mom with me, I always remember the verse "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me." Psalm 27:10.   I pray that verse will help to comfort me if my mom passes on before me.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Don't know don't think so- My mother passed away this last year at age 94. She was still in charge of her own home. She had been sick on to dying, last thing she said before closing her eyes was, When am I ever going to get well again? Seems to me she did with her last breath.

She lived a full long life, knew many many people to her last days. We celebrated her life not with a funeral but with a clambake at Maine. It was her favorite place to stay, on the beaches there and have family come to stay too.  We traveled from California, Texas, Florida, and had a grand time on the beach. We even discovered a "lost Cousin". No one knew of until an uncle gave his daughter a letter  just before his own demise explaining she had a half sibling.  All good stuff of real life, enrichment that goes on, and on to yet another generation.

My mother was part of the lineage and heritage that kept family in touch.  So does God replace her? No, don't think so, why would He do so? The memories are full already!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

Although I still have my elderly mom with me, I always remember the verse "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me." Psalm 27:10.   I pray that verse will help to comfort me if my mom passes on before me.

how old is your mom if you don't mind me asking?

32 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Don't know don't think so- My mother passed away this last year at age 94. She was still in charge of her own home. She had been sick on to dying, last thing she said before closing her eyes was, When am I ever going to get well again? Seems to me she did with her last breath.

She lived a full long life, knew many many people to her last days. We celebrated her life not with a funeral but with a clambake at Maine. It was her favorite place to stay, on the beaches there and have family come to stay too.  We traveled from California, Texas, Florida, and had a grand time on the beach. We even discovered a "lost Cousin". No one knew of until an uncle gave his daughter a letter  just before his own demise explaining she had a half sibling.  All good stuff of real life, enrichment that goes on, and on to yet another generation.

My mother was part of the lineage and heritage that kept family in touch.  So does God replace her? No, don't think so, why would He do so? The memories are full already!

thank you for your response

though what i was thinking of was whether or not God can step into the role of being a mom that offers us the same level of emotional and physical support and fill that void that would be left behind by our moms passing completely......

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, Equippers said:

thank you for your response

though what i was thinking of was whether or not God can step into the role of being a mom that offers us the same level of emotional and physical support and fill that void that would be left behind by our moms passing completely......

Yes,  I think I understood. My response is that for me there is no void that God needs step into, the memories are full and rich. That is most sufficient.

I do know it may be different from person to person, and especially between females and males as to their mother also.

For example; My mother in law committed suicide after the sudden  death of her husband- both at age 54. Made for a full decade of emotional roller coaster ride for her three children that God did not  "fill", nor did He stop their ride, until one of them finally faced her death  and said, we need to place a marker on her grave. They got together faced her demise placed a marker, and that seemed to "cap" an era of grief. But did God fill the role of mother?  No.  The family had to face up to death.

God is God, but God is not mother, nor is God a doting uncle. God is to be faced in fear and trembling, with worship and appreciation for He is God, and He has stated he is a jealous God. He is commanding. He is demanding. He is awesome beyond comprehension. He is loving. He is not mother, nor a substitute mom. 

When one loses a mother, or actually anyone, one is faced with the reality of death. Death and separation are real, it is very very painful. It was painful to God. He has cursed all of creation with death over sin by Adam. He also made provision for many to live eternally with Him. He does not make death easy by being a substitute mom but by  the provision made by Jesus.

To lose a mom that does not seem to believe Jesus is Lord is to suffer loss that is really difficult. God does not make that easy. Some things are suffered because some things are indeed rather horrible. While here in the flesh it will be that way. Tough to face, but hey  it is real. So  Praise God, and if possible witness to mom should she not know Christ Jesus as her Lord and savior. Be bold in witnessing to parents- a hard task, one filled with a sense of deep loss if rejected. But the pain is just as great  if not greater if deceased parents did not believe on Jesus as their Lord and savior. That pain- It doesn't go away it is carried while in the flesh.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Equippers said:

there is this saying, when your mother dies, the wind blows so much harder. for those of you who have lost your mother, have you found that God is able to replace your mom in one way or another, or not really and why?

He is already there, knowing all things, knowing your need of a mothers comfort. His ways are not man's ways.

“Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” (Matthew 6:8)

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor [or Comforter] to be with you forever – the Spirit of Truth.” (John 14:16)

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?” (Matthew 6:26)

“If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” (Matthew 7:11)

Deuteronomy 32:11 "Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.

“I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18 & 2 Samuel 7:14)

Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God!” (1 John 3:1)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/16/2018 at 4:49 AM, Equippers said:

how old is your mom if you don't mind me asking?

She is 88...will be 89 in a few months.

I think the Lord will give comfort to us when we go through a death in our family.   Gary gave some lovely verses in support of that.