• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/16/2018 at 8:35 PM, n2thelight said:

Who is the Bride,Israel or the Church?

Hi n2thelight,

Well, I think this is a worthy question.

I have been thinking, studying, praying on this since I read your question, but I don't have a solid answer......yet.

In Rev 14, it describes the 144,000 standing with the Lord on Mount Sion. They sing a new song, which only they know. They are said to be chaste, not defiled with women, they are virgins...... They follow the Lamb wherever He goes.  In their mouth was found no guile, and they are without fault before the throne of God.

This couldn't be the Church.....they just don't meet the requirements. And the Church, being in the hundreds or thousands of millions, don't follow the Lamb wherever He goes. Only 144,000 do. 

This fact, of following the Lamb wherever He goes, seems to describe what a "Bride" would do. Wouldn't she stick to her husbands side?

Also, in Rev 19:7....."His wife hath made herself ready"....... I don't see this as being the Church. Christ, by the shedding of His blood, He has made us ready. 

I also believe that the Church is the body of Christ, And we, the Church, are guests at the marriage supper, we are not the Bride.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards this. More studying-praying needs to be done before I can reach a conclusion.

Great question though!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi n2thelight,

Well, I think this is a worthy question.

I have been thinking, studying, praying on this since I read your question, but I don't have a solid answer......yet.

In Rev 14, it describes the 144,000 standing with the Lord on Mount Sion. They sing a new song, which only they know. They are said to be chaste, not defiled with women, they are virgins...... They follow the Lamb wherever He goes.  In their mouth was found no guile, and they are without fault before the throne of God.

This couldn't be the Church.....they just don't meet the requirements. And the Church, being in the hundreds or thousands of millions, don't follow the Lamb wherever He goes. Only 144,000 do. 

This fact, of following the Lamb wherever He goes, seems to describe what a "Bride" would do. Wouldn't she stick to her husbands side?

Also, in Rev 19:7....."His wife hath made herself ready"....... I don't see this as being the Church. Christ, by the shedding of His blood, He has made us ready. 

I also believe that the Church is the body of Christ, And we, the Church, are guests at the marriage supper, we are not the Bride.

Like I said, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards this. More studying-praying needs to be done before I can reach a conclusion.

Great question though!

Thank you for your kind response,as we all are or say we are Christians we don't always show it IMO,

I asked this question in the hope of showing that Israel has always been the Church.

Scripture shows that the Church is the bride,it also shows that Christ will re-marry Israel,and I know Christ don't have two brides .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Which of the two groups is indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ

Montana Marv