douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.1 Corinthians 7:18

This passage could not be a physical principal. It would not be possible to become uncircumcised physically.

This passage must be aluding to a spiritual principle.

It concerns the little flock at that time incorporated with grace believers to form body of Christ which made the two one body.

The context of this passage is abiding. If one is called to the Lord as a Jew, then continue as a Jew. It could possibly be that as a Jew, one would continue to keep the ordinances, the feasts. They were to keep the commandments of the Lord.

If one is called as a gentile then there is no need to follow prescribed commandmnets given to Israel, but rather the revelation given to Paul.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Hi douge. I personally believe when they were saved, born again, they were no longer needful of Jewish ordinances. Same with Gentiles, whatever they were doing, could not gain God's grace. Faith alone in Christ alone was what was needed. Those whom were circumcised need not  go through medical treatment to change back, from a moral obligation felt to demonstrate being no longer obligated to circumcision.  (There were methods used, even back then,called 'epispasm' ) And Gentiles  need not be circumcised, though the Judaizers preached it was necessary for salvation. The new circumcision was internal, the heart.
Jer;4,4
Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

You said; The context of this passage is abiding. If one is called to the Lord as a Jew, then continue as a Jew. It could possibly be that as a Jew, one would continue to keep the ordinances, the feasts. They were to keep the commandments of the Lord.
Not sure just what you are saying, or implying, but the new testament church was not about continuing in the old Jewish traditions. Abiding is better understood in John 15.

Joh 15:1-5  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Abide; to stay in a given place, abide continue, dwell, remain.
As believers, we are grafted into the true vine, Jesus, as were all believers, even converted Jews, or those Gentiles.  Abiding in scripture in first Corin, 7, 18 is not about abiding, in my interpretation. I do not understand how you get that, unless you believe yourself we should still be keeping (abiding) in the Jewish practices.   "The context of this passage is abiding. If one is called to the Lord as a Jew, then continue as a Jew. It could possibly be that as a Jew, one would continue to keep the ordinances, the feasts. They were to keep the commandments of the Lord".
Your quote above does not result in salvation for Jews. Perhaps I simply misunderstood you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, douge said:

7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.1 Corinthians 7:18

This passage could not be a physical principal. It would not be possible to become uncircumcised physically.

This passage must be aluding to a spiritual principle.

It concerns the little flock at that time incorporated with grace believers to form body of Christ which made the two one body.

The context of this passage is abiding. If one is called to the Lord as a Jew, then continue as a Jew. It could possibly be that as a Jew, one would continue to keep the ordinances, the feasts. They were to keep the commandments of the Lord.

If one is called as a gentile then there is no need to follow prescribed commandmnets given to Israel, but rather the revelation given to Paul.

No.