IGNORED

is immediate obedience the only type of obedience there is?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/2001

i feel like When God tells me to do something regarding the response to salvation, i procrastinate and chicken out. i feel like i have to do it whole-heartedly or nothing at all. but it is getting harder for me to be saved. what are your thoughts?

Edited by James C.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome to Worthy, James.  The problem is that every time we say no to God, we harden our hearts a little bit.  It's not now or never.  God will keep trying to get your attention.  What will He have to do to do that?   Will your heart be too hard by that time?  Will you die in an accident tomorrow?   We never know.  But if your still care, it is not too late.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, James C. said:

i feel like When God tells me to do something regarding the response to salvation, i procrastinate and chicken out. i feel like i have to do it whole-heartedly or nothing at all. but it is getting harder for me to be saved. what are your thoughts?

I think you do not understand salvation.You are concerned that there is a requirement that you “ do” something and you are not doing enough.With this burden you are placing upon yourself, it is small wonder that you procrastinate and chicken out .You think you have to measure up in order to keep your salvation.That is indeed a scary way to live.Your view of  working harder to be or stay saved is not the way to go.Why not try it God’s way? Believe Jesus died for ALL of your sins and rose from the dead after three days.That is the Gospel thAt saves. NO working for it. Just BELIEVE it. And then REST in it.God wants your faith- not your works.If you stand before God,trusting in your works,it’s going to be very bad for you.Trust in the finished work that was done FOR YOU at the Cross for your salvation .Get that damnable load you think you have to carry off your back.Jesus said, “ My yoke is easy”.Stop this works mentality lest you hear “ depart from me, I never knew you.FAITH IN CHRIST plus nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Well, there's obedience and then there's disobedience. God will still accept you later, if your repentance is whole-hearted, but I think the real question is why do you keep procrastinating and chickening-out? What do you think is holding you back? Have you considered your own heart and thoughts on the matter?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, James C. said:

Hi James C,

Some good replies there for you. I`ll just add that God desires us to think through things and not just do a knee jerk response. There are lots of `voices` vying for our attention and we have to learn to discern which is of God. Just responding to a thought at once is not wise as we need to discern is it of God, of the devil, or of the world, or even our own fleshly desires. 

God desires us to grow up and as we learn to discern prompting from Him then we get more tuned to His voice.

All the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1