IGNORED

do you believe a heart can be hardened beyond the point of salvation?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

some say if a person keep willfully sinning, their heart would be hardened to a point where they are no longer able to repent.

Hebrew12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

warns professing Christians not to be like Esau who “found no place of repentance.” Like Jesus’s warning to the scribes, we are not told that Esau asked for forgiveness but was denied. Rather, he “found no place of repentance” — his heart had grown so callous, he was no longer able to genuinely repent and thus meet the condition for the free offer of forgiveness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Equippers said:

some say if a person keep willfully sinning, their heart would be hardened to a point where they are no longer able to repent.

Hebrew12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

warns professing Christians not to be like Esau who “found no place of repentance.” Like Jesus’s warning to the scribes, we are not told that Esau asked for forgiveness but was denied. Rather, he “found no place of repentance” — his heart had grown so callous, he was no longer able to genuinely repent and thus meet the condition for the free offer of forgiveness

Scripture does seem to say there is a time God does turn one over to a reprobate mind. Just where and when I can’t say. But I surmise that if one was turned over,  they would have no  consciousness of sin or any desire at all after God or the things of God.

This is just my opinion. Thought I share my thinking(s) 

Hope and pray God answers the question(s) of your heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,  but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.  Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.  How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

But recall the former days when, after you were enlightened, you endured a hard struggle with sufferings,  sometimes being publicly exposed to reproach and affliction, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one.  Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.  For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.  For, 

“Yet a little while,
    and the coming one will come and will not delay;
 but my righteous one shall live by faith,
    and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him.”

But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Equippers said:

some say if a person keep wilfully sinning, their heart would be hardened to a point where they are no longer able to repent.

Hebrews 12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

Hello @Equippers,

The conscience can become hardened, or 'calloused', so that it ceases to either excuse or accuse, thus giving no measure to judge actions by.  

The believer cannot be likened to Esau, for they have the indwelling of the new nature, through which the Holy Spirit works within, quickening by the administration of the Word of God, which is His means of operation - His 'sword': it discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart, exposing and revealing the truth as to their motivation.

The believer is forgiven from the moment they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, there is nothing that can separate them from the love of God in Christ Jesus.  They are, in God's sight, holy and without blame before Him. That is their 'standing', and it is sure.  Their sins have been forgiven them, past, present and future.  They will never be without sin, but are assured that if they confess their sin, then He is faithful and just and will forgive their sins and cleanse them from all unrighteousness.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We are vessels.... we have capacity! The question is what are you filling your vessel up with? When you fill it up with things of this world as love tokens what remains of God when He burns up all the things that He's made

2 Peter 3:11-14

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
KJV

It is why God through John says

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

It is the purpose of being born again... we now have capacity to give ourselves to the Word of God in faith so that the things not seen but promised by God have more value than what we have began in... it is why this is 100% the essence of truth of not yet known to the senses of flesh for God has said

Gen 3:19-20

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
KJV

God simply does not place eternity into that which is not being kept... every person is either alive or dead to this spiritually/Spiritually... so if you are filled with the life you have began in there can be nothing of eternity to go on~ can there?

Heb 11:1-6

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Short answer? Yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. 

Romans 1 speaks of the reprobate mind ( debased) . 

God turned them over to that state to believe their delusion moreso. 

Rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

I want to believe there is always hope. Today we live in a gospel hardened society. Christian churches on every corner. They all have heard it before so you can't go street preaching. At the same time people must know your faith and see you walk as unshakable and true. God knows who will be drawn to Christ and we can only pray, show our love by our actions more than words  

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Yes. 

Romans 1 speaks of the reprobate mind ( debased) . 

God turned them over to that state to believe their delusion moreso. 

Rejected by God and beyond hope of salvation.

Yes .    and in every case look at whose fault it was .   the person , not GOD .   and even as THEY did not like to KEEP God in their conscious .    GOD reached out , THEY rejected

and did reject .   And thus , YES GOD will give them over to a reprobate mind , TO DO such things , whose end is perdition .

Now we BOTH know ONLY GOD knows who will come and those who will reject .  SO we warn all repent and believe . And we correct all brethren .   We simply

do so , BY HIS SPIRIT a work of grace within those who are His .   When YOU said the other day WE should be examining whether we walk in the FAITH.   HOW TRUE that is .

We should do this daily and we should examine the fruits of others as well .  For many have crept in and have turned the grace of GOD into lasciviousness .

And we KNOW many have .   they holler JESUS and support evil, and do it in his name .  

I mean if we want examples their are many .   How many men run churches , who we know do evil in his name and do so willfully .    Does one not have the nickname Smiley

and many others .  The thing I want to address is their is good reason why them apostels said those holy scrips were written for our admonition. SO we don't Lust after the evil

things they did .   Yet how many teach that heap and steep prosperity gospel , YET say IN JESUS NAME .    Or support gay marriage and do so , in JESUS NAME .

talk about reprobate concering the faith .   These words come to mind ,  DONT you KNOW JESUS , the SPIRIT is in you , LEST YE BE REPROBATE.

For many think they have the spirit ,  yet I seen many walking and justifying darkness.  THE SPIRIT OF GOD does NO SUCH THING .

IT teaches us to deny evil living of the flesh , and to walk by the SPIRIT .   I cant stress enough , I am massively worried for folks supporting great evil

like abortion , gay marriage ,  prosperity gospel, emergent , mysticism ,  idol worship , covetousness , IDOLS .

YET doing it IN JESUS NAME and thinking OH we saved , WE FREE.    THAT IS REPROBATION .   JESUS never came to let us FEEL FREE while IN BONDAGE .

HE came to set us free FROM BONDAGE .   He did not come to give us liberty TO LIVE AFTER THE FLESH .   JUST LIBERTY in HIM .

I , my soul, and every ounce of my being is worried big time for so many .   Because once one supports a little leaven , wont be long before they support only MORE LEAVEN .

CHURCH gotta get busy preaching JESUS and correcting .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

27 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I want to believe there is always hope. Today we live in a gospel hardened society. Christian churches on every corner. They all have heard it before so you can't go street preaching. At the same time people must know your faith and see you walk as unshakable and true. God knows who will be drawn to Christ and we can only pray, show our love by our actions more than words  

WELL I got great news .  THEIR IS HOPE .     HIS NAME IS JESUS  .   now may the churches get busy preaching HIM again and righteous living in and BY HIM again .

THAT is the HOPE we must bring .    And if our HOPE is in HIM , then its seen by the LOVE OF THE HOLY GHOST shed on our hearts . AND THAT

love , loves not as the world ,  BUT TRUTH , JESUS IS FIRST above all things , mother , brother , sister, wife , husband child .    BUT it is from this LOVE

we truly DO LOVE others .  FOR we point them to CHRIST and we correct them BY HIS SAYINGS .  THOSE SAYINGS we love  , and treasure and do and keep on our heart.

FOR THEY ARE HIS SAYINGS and HE is OUR SAVOIR .     We cannot be as many who have trod some of those sayings under foot in order to NOT OFFEND

or in order to have a false unity .    ANY unity that omits any of JESUS sayings  ,  IS A UNITY I want NOTHING TO DO WITH .  IT SAVES none and condemns all .