IGNORED

do you believe a heart can be hardened beyond the point of salvation?

Equippers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

We are vessels.... we have capacity! The question is what are you filling your vessel up with? When you fill it up with things of this world as love tokens what remains of God when He burns up all the things that He's made

..." in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable.  Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.  Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

WELL I got great news .  THEIR IS HOPE .     HIS NAME IS JESUS  .   now may the churches get busy preaching HIM again and righteous living in and BY HIM again .

THAT is the HOPE we must bring .    And if our HOPE is in HIM , then its seen by the LOVE OF THE HOLY GHOST shed on our hearts . AND THAT

love , loves not as the world ,  BUT TRUTH , JESUS IS FIRST above all things , mother , brother , sister, wife , husband child .    BUT it is from this LOVE

we truly DO LOVE others .  FOR we point them to CHRIST and we correct them BY HIS SAYINGS .  THOSE SAYINGS we love  , and treasure and do and keep on our heart.

FOR THEY ARE HIS SAYINGS and HE is OUR SAVOIR .     We cannot be as many who have trod some of those sayings under foot in order to NOT OFFEND

or in order to have a false unity .    ANY unity that omits any of JESUS sayings  ,  IS A UNITY I want NOTHING TO DO WITH .  IT SAVES none and condemns all .

Amen brother. Thank you for this. I like what a brother said once regarding "Speaking the truth in love"...he said some people speak the truth, with no love. Others speak in "love", omitting the truth for the sake of 'unity' and to not offend.  He said that real love has 'hate' in it or it's not real. We are to love the truth, and hate that which hurts love or the object of our love.

Make sense?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, In Him said:

Amen brother. Thank you for this. I like what a brother said once regarding "Speaking the truth in love"...he said some people speak the truth, with no love. Others speak in "love", omitting the truth for the sake of 'unity' and to not offend.  He said that real love has 'hate' in it or it's not real. We are to love the truth, and hate that which hurts love or the object of our love.

Make sense?

THAT is PRECISELY HOW we KNOW whether its the Love that comes from GOD or simply the sensual love that is of the world .

IF our love , what we do or say contradicts GOD in any way .  ITS FALSE .  ITS NOT OF HIM at all.   ITS sensual .  

TWO Commandments . LOVE GOD with all your heart soul, mind strength from that it fulfills the love your neighbor .   WE love them as JESUS loved the church .

Christ honored THE FATHER above EVERYTHING .   Any love , feeling , action , no matter how good it seems , no matter how kind it seems , IF the action contradicts

GOD , its a lie .     Example .   Lets love them to JESUS mindset many teach .    THIER idea of love is not to speak out against sin , BUT TO HUG and ACCEPT .

THAT is not love .  Turning a blind eye to the evil for sake of unity Is not THE UNITY IN CHRIST .    CHRIST corrected error .   We should too .

How can a man say He is truly born of God,  and yet allow folks to remain in error ,  in even other religions and not warn out , but instead they just gather for good works .

THIS is a total recipe for a massive falling away .   YES , sister , its real bad now in many circles .  the GOSPLE of true peace , which is THE GOSPLE

which is JESUS the reconcilatoin of men to GOD , has been pushed out for a good works unity gospel for world peace .    ITS so backwards . and worse

WHO do we think its leading the world right too .    The man of sin , who comes in BY PEACE and destroys many .   GOD said don't be unequally yoked for a reason .

Those who do so , WILL fall away .   Look what happened to the seeker friendly groups ,  first they take notes FROM the WORLD how to ,   OOOOPS that was failure waiting to happen.

Then they teach what don't offend , they sit with gays , AND THE KEY IS they DONT CORRECT them.    THEN what happnend.   NOW more and more ACCEPT IT and even marry them.

IF we LOVE CHRIST we LOVE HIS PATTERN in all things .    Todays love message most teach ,  is a message of hate , for it saves none and leaves men in darkness

with a false hope they have been saved .  And worse still, the only ones they do teach against , ARE the ones WHO could have helped them .  

46 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yes .    and in every case look at whose fault it was .   the person , not GOD .   and even as THEY did not like to KEEP God in their conscious .    GOD reached out , THEY rejected

and did reject .   And thus , YES GOD will give them over to a reprobate mind , TO DO such things , whose end is perdition .

Now we BOTH know ONLY GOD knows who will come and those who will reject .  SO we warn all repent and believe . And we correct all brethren .   We simply

do so , BY HIS SPIRIT a work of grace within those who are His .   When YOU said the other day WE should be examining whether we walk in the FAITH.   HOW TRUE that is .

We should do this daily and we should examine the fruits of others as well .  For many have crept in and have turned the grace of GOD into lasciviousness .

And we KNOW many have .   they holler JESUS and support evil, and do it in his name .  

I mean if we want examples their are many .   How many men run churches , who we know do evil in his name and do so willfully .    Does one not have the nickname Smiley

and many others .  The thing I want to address is their is good reason why them apostels said those holy scrips were written for our admonition. SO we don't Lust after the evil

things they did .   Yet how many teach that heap and steep prosperity gospel , YET say IN JESUS NAME .    Or support gay marriage and do so , in JESUS NAME .

talk about reprobate concering the faith .   These words come to mind ,  DONT you KNOW JESUS , the SPIRIT is in you , LEST YE BE REPROBATE.

For many think they have the spirit ,  yet I seen many walking and justifying darkness.  THE SPIRIT OF GOD does NO SUCH THING .

IT teaches us to deny evil living of the flesh , and to walk by the SPIRIT .   I cant stress enough , I am massively worried for folks supporting great evil

like abortion , gay marriage ,  prosperity gospel, emergent , mysticism ,  idol worship , covetousness , IDOLS .

YET doing it IN JESUS NAME and thinking OH we saved , WE FREE.    THAT IS REPROBATION .   JESUS never came to let us FEEL FREE while IN BONDAGE .

HE came to set us free FROM BONDAGE .   He did not come to give us liberty TO LIVE AFTER THE FLESH .   JUST LIBERTY in HIM .

I , my soul, and every ounce of my being is worried big time for so many .   Because once one supports a little leaven , wont be long before they support only MORE LEAVEN .

CHURCH gotta get busy preaching JESUS and correcting .

Amen! 

Let us do so in humility and grace examining ourselves often to see that we are firm in the faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

3 hours ago, In Him said:

Make sense?

Excellent. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I think God can bring a hard rock heart to repentance.  But it might take a very bad trial. Then after the trial they will seek God.No one can come to God unless the holy spirit draws them to God. People after the trial is over will say well everything is alright and slip back to there bad ways. They have harden there heart at that time. If they keep it up and then die it will be too late. 

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Equippers said:

some say if a person keep willfully sinning, their heart would be hardened to a point where they are no longer able to repent.

Hebrew12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

warns professing Christians not to be like Esau who “found no place of repentance.” Like Jesus’s warning to the scribes, we are not told that Esau asked for forgiveness but was denied. Rather, he “found no place of repentance” — his heart had grown so callous, he was no longer able to genuinely repent and thus meet the condition for the free offer of forgiveness

Yes, it is possible for people to become irretrievably wicked.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, Equippers said:

some say if a person keep willfully sinning, their heart would be hardened to a point where they are no longer able to repent.

Hebrew12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

warns professing Christians not to be like Esau who “found no place of repentance.” Like Jesus’s warning to the scribes, we are not told that Esau asked for forgiveness but was denied. Rather, he “found no place of repentance” — his heart had grown so callous, he was no longer able to genuinely repent and thus meet the condition for the free offer of forgiveness

Hi, going back to the beginning post for a moment; there is difference in words remorse and repentance. Anyone can feel remorse, but not all that do repent. Some never ever repent, those that do have turned about from their sins against God. They do not continue in those sins with mere remorse. If they ever engage again they have tremendous burden of the weight of sin upon them, and will confess to God privately and if the sin is a public sin they will confess and ask forgiveness publicly.

There is conflict in understanding of how one can be beyond turning about to repentance. Many saints have several differing conclusions. It is part  of the tension  of thought between Calvinism and Arminianism too. That dispute and difference in understanding set aside for the purposes of this post, I see that God created the Pharoah of Bible record for the very purpose He willed of Pharoah. It is God that hardened Pharoah's heart in order to serve the good purposes of God [ Reference Exodus 7 through 9 with emphasis on 9:12 and 9: 27 -35 ]; his heart was hardened by God; plus Pharoah also also hardened his heart against God.

One can harden their own heart against God the Holy Spirit, but personally I think it to require the will of God. It is the way I reconcile my own repentance , my turning about to God. I did not want it. I had rejected the many testimonies of saints in behalf of the faiith of Jesus. I had denied God, any, god at all. But my will was no match  for God The Holy Spirit, when the Holy Spirit made that specific call to me to repent to turn to Jesus as my God my Lord My savior. I had no sane choice, but to concede. I had been playing a game of chess it seems. I had thought myself to be rather brilliant compared to the average player, thinking five and six moves ahead with as many alternative moves as I could conceive.  But I was no match at all for God. The game was a pathetic three move checkmate. I am so glad I was so thoroughly wiped out.

God seems to not be limited to the box many try to put God into, least not by their saying it must be this way  or that one only. He is awesome, His will  is not to be trifled with, not ever.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

Having read the messages I come to the conclusion that we usually speak about ideal abstract cases. In real life things can be much more complicated. All possible types of human minds are too many. We assume here a certain normalcy of the mind be it evil or good. In practice there are many people who are abnormal to a different degree. Who can tell where normalcy stars and where it ends? What is abnormality? What are its boundaries? May be some sinners are abnormal by nature. Are they all innocent? I have no definite answer here. I only know that the percentage of abnormal people is growing and what was abnormal some decades ago is quite normal today. Psychiatry itself is constantly changing. If this tendency continues we will have to deal with many more new types of minds. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Yes