• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Matt.24:36Readiness at Any Hour
35Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 36No one knows about that day  or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor theSon, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.…

No man knows when I'm going to eat next.  But does that mean nobody can ever know?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

How, exactly, does your consumption of a meal and it's timing relate to the Savior of the world returning to inherit His Kingdom?  Matthew plainly tells us not to set dates because no one knows when this event will happen and it says so in plain language that is impossible to misunderstand.   But you continually try and explain that portion of scripture away just as you attempt to explain away scripture about the fate of the unsaved because you want to believe in universalism.  You don't understand scripture, and you don' t want to understand scripture.  You want to make it work for what you already believe instead of altering your beliefs to fall into line with what scripture actually says.

I think you mean how does my statement relate to the verse where it says in Matthew 24:36 that nobody knows the hour.  It relates because I'm using the tense in my verb in the Present.  The tense in Matthew 24 is in the Perfect tense which is a form of the present where something stated has already happened and the action is ongoing PRESENTLY.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

20 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

How, exactly, does your consumption of a meal and it's timing relate to the Savior of the world returning to inherit His Kingdom?  Matthew plainly tells us not to set dates because no one knows when this event will happen and it says so in plain language that is impossible to misunderstand.   But you continually try and explain that portion of scripture away just as you attempt to explain away scripture about the fate of the unsaved because you want to believe in universalism.  You don't understand scripture, and you don' t want to understand scripture.  You want to make it work for what you already believe instead of altering your beliefs to fall into line with what scripture actually says.

Amen Bro! False prophets were to be stoned to death according to the OT, but we now live in the age of Grace and Forgiveness. There will always be date setters who will continue to insist that they have some sort of "special revelation" from God. The devil is extremely cunning, and there are many deceiving spirits that will plant lies and thoughts into those who live in disobedience to the precise wording of Scripture (cf. 1 Kings 22:22; Matt. 24:24; 1 Jn.4:1; ). The EXTREME DANGER of making prophecies about our Lord's return is that it can cause many to live in a state of disobedience because they feel as if they can sin all they want and to just wait until that moment made by false prophets to repent. Sad to say . . . this has led many down the dark and broad path to destruction and a Christless hell. It only takes ONE failed prophecy for someone to be deemed a false prophet. And ALL false prophecies originate from demonic spirits that deceive the hearts of the simple. The irony in all of this is that false prophets cite the passage (See Matthew 24:36) and taking it out of context without consulting the scripture as a WHOLE. And in the Olivet discourse, Jesus WARNED about false prophets (Matt. 24:24) who will "deceive" many -- even themselves (self-deception -- 2 Tim. 3:13). Consider the WHOLE counsel of God and "test" the spirits (1 Jn. 4:1-6). Jesus said that He will come "quickly (Grk. "tachy; "imminently, or at ANY moment -- Rev. 22:20). The thing about someone who is "deceived" is that the said person does NOT know that they are deceived -- and that's the dangerous part about it. I find no point in debating with "date setters" or engaging in a discussion with them unless they REPENT of their false revelations, or adding or taking away from God's precious truth. Such people condemn themselves and will stand before the God of TRUTH and the consequences will be eternal. These people need to be WARNED -- because such false revelations are in fact calling God a liar because the scriptures CLEARLY proves that NO ONE can know the day nor the hour. Someone who claims otherwise put themselves in a higher authority than Jesus, and even God Himself. Keep fighting the good fight of faith and use spiritual discernment, and compare what these people have to say against the truth of God's revealed word.

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, HeWillCome2040 said:
9 hours ago, OneLight said:

You may of addressed this earlier, yet addressing it does not make your prophecy correct.  Can you show me where in scripture His words tell us that Noah knew the day that he would enter the ark before God told him to do so?

Depends on what you call scripture.

Interesting answer, which leads me to ask if you believe in the Protestant Bible, 66 books.  By your answer, I am also led to believe that you do not agree, since you have to comment in such a manner.

Edited by OneLight

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Interesting answer, which leads me to ask if you believe in the Protestant Bible, 66 books.  By your answer, I am also led to believe that you do not agree, since you have to comment in such a manner.

Actually, I do believe in those books.  I also believe in more.  Including those that the early Christians believed in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, HeWillCome2040 said:
4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Actually, I do believe in those books.  I also believe in more.  Including those that the early Christians believed in. 

Would you care to share what other books you believe in that are not part of the Protestant Bible?  I would also like an answer to my previous question.  So you know, I really don't like the game of dodge ball, so either we communicate properly, or we don't communicate at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

Revelation 22:18-19

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

No man knows when I'm going to eat next.  But does that mean nobody can ever know?

How can you compare that with Gods Word?

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Would you care to share what other books you believe in that are not part of the Protestant Bible?  I would also like an answer to my previous question.  So you know, I really don't like the game of dodge ball, so either we communicate properly, or we don't communicate at all.

Would it change your mind if you knew that Noah knew the day the floods would come before they actually came - even if it comes from your Protestant Bible

Also, I'll share what other books I believe in as the content dictate but to just say which other books I believe in is a just further diversion off topics currently.

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I meant exactly what I said.  Your explanation of what the verse means is severely lacking.  Jesus didn't even know the day and hour of His own return, but you do?  Really?  So you can add your own name to the list of people who made the same claim before you and failed in their prediction as well.  

My teaching of the verse is always going to be lacking to someone.  Jesus does know the Day and Hour.