HeWillCome2040

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Many people quote different verses of the Bible to claim we cannot know the Day and Hour of His Return.  But the Truth is we can know and the Bible doesn't teach that we can't know.  Many of the verses quoted to claim that we can't know - are misunderstood scriptures.   I know there will be those in here that will quote from Matthew 24.  We can deal with each scriptures and shed light on what they really say.

Just know YOU CAN KNOW.

Let's look at verse so often quoted without many understanding their meaning:

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The first mistake people do with verse 36 is say that it means no one CAN know.  But that is NOT what the verse says. It has a single verse in verse 36 for "knoweth" and that verse is in the PERFECT tense which is a form of PRESENT tense. 

You see if Jesus didn't use the Tense in the Future tense then why is everyone else? That is teaching in error.

It says that it would be as it was in Noah's day.  Noah knew the day that He would enter the Ark beforehand.  Noah knew when the floods would come BEFORE they came.

Let's Look  at the following verse:

Rev 3:3  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

So read closely and you see the following:

- If you don't watch, you wont know the hour

Now by inverse reasoning we can see that this would also mean the following:

- If you watch, you will know the hour.

So now lets take a look at some more verses:

Act 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Notice the following from the verses above:

- The times and seasons are in the Father's Power

- The disciples are told they don't know the times or seasons that are put in the Father's Power.

- The disciples WILL get POWER

- When will the disciples get the Power? - when the Holy Ghost comes upon them.

You see if you read these verses correctly, it tells you that the disciples can know the times and the seasons that the Father has put in His Power WHEN they receive the Holy Ghost.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Knowing the times and the seasons does not mean you will know the day of the return of Jesus and the hour of His return... 

The Bible is clear no one will know the day or the hour. Christians should simply accept that as Gospel truth.. But people don't. Such is life..

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Knowing the times and the seasons does not mean you will know the day of the return of Jesus and the hour of His return... 

The Bible is clear no one will know the day or the hour. Christians should simply accept that as Gospel truth.. But people don't. Such is life..

I just showed verses that prove we can know the HOUR of His return.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

I just showed verses that prove we can know the HOUR of His return.

No.. No you didn't, You just provided your personal interpretation of verses that you want others to believe proves that we can know the hour of His return.. 

But clearly those verses do not prove such a position to me.. Nor to many others here at worthy forum i suspect..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Adstar said:

No.. No you didn't, You just provided your personal interpretation of verses that you want others to believe proves that we can know the hour of His return.. 

But clearly those verses do not prove such a position to me.. Nor to many others here at worthy forum i suspect..

Says it right here:

Rev 3:3  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

Says it right here:

What do you do with the following passage?

Matthew 24:36-39

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Adstar said:

Adstar , Will and I talked about that nobody knows the day or the hour in chat and I asked him to bring this question up in the forum so everybody can tell him that the Bible is telling us nobody knows when Jesus will return .

If we claim to know the day and time to when Jesus returns we make Jesus a liar and the Bible not true to its word.

• Thumbs Up 1