HeWillCome2040

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Using exact dates has always been proven wrong. Finding hidden mathematical formulas in the Bible is ignorant speculation. As events unfold the nearness of the blessed hope will become more apparent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

What do you do with the following passage?

Matthew 24:36-39

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Already addressed this in my earlier post since I knew others would post it.  So I'm just going to copy and paste here from that post:

Let's look at verse so often quoted without many understanding their meaning:

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The first mistake people do with verse 36 is say that it means no one CAN know.  But that is NOT what the verse says. It has a single verse in verse 36 for "knoweth" and that verse is in the PERFECT tense which is a form of PRESENT tense. 

You see if Jesus didn't use the Tense in the Future tense then why is everyone else? That is teaching in error.

It says that it would be as it was in Noah's day.  Noah knew the day that He would enter the Ark beforehand.  Noah knew when the floods would come BEFORE they came.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Adstar , Will and I talked about that nobody knows the day or the hour in chat and I asked him to bring this question up in the forum so everybody can tell him that the Bible is telling us nobody knows when Jesus will return .

If we claim to know the day and time to when Jesus returns we make Jesus a liar and the Bible not true to its word.

Actually, if your using Jesus words to say that no one can know the day and hour then you would be using His words in error.  He stated the verse in the Perfect Tense which is a form of present tense where an event has happened and the results are still the same presently when He made the statement.

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

Using exact dates has always been proven wrong. Finding hidden mathematical formulas in the Bible is ignorant speculation. As events unfold the nearness of the blessed hope will become more apparent. 

You mean all the wrong dates have been proven wrong because those dates have come. 

Do you believe that If I said that Jesus will return tomorrow and did that each day for the rest of my life that it would always have to be wrong because it was wrong in the past?  That is why such statements fail logic.

I am just stating my opinion. If this works for you fine, I can respect that. As long as you are doing it from your faith in Jesus Christ. That is all that really matters my brother. I would rather love you in disagreement than having spite trying to argue.

9 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I am just stating my opinion. If this works for you fine, I can respect that. As long as you are doing it from your faith in Jesus Christ. That is all that really matters my brother. I would rather love you in disagreement than having spite trying to argue.

I'm just trying to put light where many are casting darkness.  The verses that many are quoting are doing so not knowing what they ACTUALLY say.  I don't blame them because I have previously used them in the same way before - before I knew better.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Will, are you a Universalist and do you believe people will go to hell if they don't accept Jesus as their Savior?

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Will, are you a Universalist and do you believe people will go to hell if they don't accept Jesus as their Savior?

I am a Universalist and believe that ultimately everyone will accept Jesus as their Savior. We can discuss in another thread if you like on such a subject.

Edited by HeWillCome2040

16 minutes ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

I'm just trying to put light where many are casting darkness.

I stand corrected, you do make some good points. Thou, you still have not made your case that an exact day is knowable. I think these verses are overused in a conceited way by some who wish to validate their bigotry. Thank you for sharing that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

I am a Universalist and believe that ultimately everyone will accept Jesus as their Savior. We can discuss in another thread if you like on such a subject.

Sure ,we could do that ,I started another thread ..