PurpleNight

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a young adult in usa not even 30. I have met many other people my age also struggling to have friends or socialization really. I am not sure if this is a generational thing or not.
Has anyone else struggled with friends or having socialization growing into adulthood or being in early adulthood?
I know there are circumstances that may be a part of this like tiredness from working or school or children but it seems to be more difficult than it should be. Other's i've talked to has had the same experience of setting time aside to spend with someone and they either say ok and then not put in any effort and then nothing happens or they say no. Its like "let's be friends but with lots of distance?" I know we live in a busy age, but sometimes its nice to hang with someone for a few hours face to face instead of over fb or some other online method. I have heard alot of my generation suffers with anxiety.

• Loved it! 1

That's another thing, no one my age seems to be attending church either. those ive met online my age who attend church live miles away so its not like i can visit them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Well eventually one gets old and friends up and die on 'em anyway- cheery eh?

Seriously, I believe it is harder to  make and keep friends today. Kids are not allowed out on their own anymore, They don't develop any skill at meeting people how are they to make friends?Nearly all adults are buried in their make believe world of facebook  and text messages plus other social media that makes like a real person simulation of life.

Is it harder today? I don't know, perhaps.  It sure seems different than life once was.

• Thumbs Up 3

? haha well i suppose that's a good point too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, PurpleNight said:

I'm a young adult in usa not even 30. I have met many other people my age also struggling to have friends or socialization really. I am not sure if this is a generational thing or not.
Has anyone else struggled with friends or having socialization growing into adulthood or being in early adulthood?
I know there are circumstances that may be a part of this like tiredness from working or school or children but it seems to be more difficult than it should be. Other's i've talked to has had the same experience of setting time aside to spend with someone and they either say ok and then not put in any effort and then nothing happens or they say no. Its like "let's be friends but with lots of distance?" I know we live in a busy age, but sometimes its nice to hang with someone for a few hours face to face instead of over fb or some other online method. I have heard alot of my generation suffers with anxiety.

I imagine it is harder these days for young people to communicate.   Right and wrong have been throw to the wood shed, makes it hard to make friends when there’s no common ground. My son (he’s 25) has the same struggles. All I can say is what I tell him. As a Christian you will only be comfortable around other people that have a living relationship with Christ. It doesn’t make it easier,  but it does help to know your not alone. And it’s a common experience. Hope this helps and gives encouragement. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

It's too bad this is true in so many cases. I guess we need to be friendly to others,at church. Church is the best place to make friends but it still not easy. Pray the lord brings the right people to be friends with. He will do that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I also think people are too tied up with technology.  Perhaps you can join a volunteer group.... something that interests you to make some friends.   Hopefully a Christian volunteer group...but even volunteering at say an animal shelter would be nice.   At least get you around some kindly hearted people....maybe some of them will be a Christian!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

so my question is, if youve met all these other people of the same age with the same struggle, why dont you all just come together and be friends?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Yes I definitely struggle with this. Well it won't be a struggle soon. But it's crazy how hard it is to make friends these days.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I experienced what you're going through when my walk with Christ started to increase.  I felt soooo lonely.  So this feeling lead me to go out and attempt to make friends.. my doing this only lead to a knowing that I wasn't ready to engage with others on a "friendly" level..the Holy Spirit had changed my perception.. so I could not relate to ANYONE!..mom, dad, sisters, brothers, not a soul..

I can compare myself to a cake in the oven...I was still "batter" trying to cut slices of myself and give away...I was mush...

The Lord knows what we desire.. and if he isn't first in our heart...the "self" thoughts will be louder than HIS WORD within us...be still and KNOW HE IS GOD ALONE... peace be with you