IGNORED

( Hewillcome2040)Reminds me - maybe we should do a thread on why two swords is enough as stated in Luke

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Reminds me - maybe we should do a thread on why two swords is enough as stated in Luke:

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebr 4:12

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, angels4u said:

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebr 4:12

Luk 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Adam Clarke's commentary says the following blurb about this verse:

I must here confess that the matter about the swords appear to me very obscure. I am afraid I do not understand it, and I know of none who does.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

So let's discuss why the Two Swords are Enough. Understand that Peter actually took a sword and used it after this and was rebuked by Jesus for doing so. Understand also that when Jesus spoke this to His disciples there were more in number than just two persons. So why would TWO be enough?

We have to think spiritually to understand. Let's let the Bible interpret this for us:

Eph_6:17* And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

So we can see that the Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit. But why TWO?

The very disciples that Jesus is speaking to would be His Apostles which were sent out by two's and instructed to give their Testimony by the mouth of two witnesses - or rather TWO having the WORD OF GOD (Sword of the Spirit).

But why? Because at the testimony of TWO can someone be put to death.

What many don't understand is the Word of God is a Sword that is being used to put you to death by that sword (meaning the 'old man' in you) or your old nature so that you live anew in the nature of Christ.

So there you have why TWO Swords are ENOUGH