• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

God doesn't approve of gambling, so I already asked forgiveness, but a billion freaking dollars!  Anyone else buy any?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So putting it from God's perspective you have given priority to rocks, metal and paper over His pleasure and Word... I hope your repentance also tore up the lottery ticket.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

awkward.....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The Book Of Proverbs teach...” Sudden money is a curse, and not to be wished for”...... if you don’t believe that, check out the misery that follows those big winners.....

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Big Time said:

God doesn't approve of gambling, so I already asked forgiveness, but a billion freaking dollars!  Anyone else buy any?

No, I didn't buy any.  But I'm not going to hit you over the head because you did.  ☺️

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

8 hours ago, Big Time said:

I know it's tempting. Just don't buy them again. What He can give to us is far  greater and more valuable than money can buy.  If you do win it, however, hope He will give you wisdom in how to spend the money.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I see this morning that no one won, probably get over 2 billion now?

My attitude: I don't "personally" gamble, I don't want to become instantly rich or wealthy period. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being rich, or a person can't be a Christian and wealthy. I know how my flesh would react and the thoughts of myself, pleasures and greed might conflict with my spirit? I'm quite content living from paycheck to paycheck and depending on the Lord to meet my needs. 

Now for Paul Harvey's, "the rest of the story", a.k.a. my dirty laundry. Decades ago I married a non-believer, I'm unequally yoked but not giving up and working on it since I repented. My wife likes those scratch off lottery tickets, so infrequently, I'll purchase a few of them for her, with the carnal thought of, "happy wife; happy life". 

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, and you're right and I have no biblical defense. What gratification is there getting something you didn't earn anyway, not to mention a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't buy lotto tickets weekly. I know full well we're to rely on the Lord for our earthly needs. However when the jackpot is this big I often buy 1 or 2 tickets. I have a good reason I do this. I have a burden to help kids and girls caught up in the sexual business. When I was younger I became friends (just friends) with several girls who were trapped in that life. I used to try to help them with their self esteem but I realized to really rescue them would take money a lot more money than I ever had. These friends of mine often said I should start a home for wayward girls and children. I still want to do this. Therefore if God should let me win millions of dollars I promise God I will use most of it to rescue children and girls caught in this terrible life. This is why I buy lotto tickets.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

32 minutes ago, JTC said:

I don't buy lotto tickets weekly. I know full well we're to rely on the Lord for our earthly needs. However when the jackpot is this big I often buy 1 or 2 tickets. I have a good reason I do this. I have a burden to help kids and girls caught up in the sexual business. When I was younger I became friends (just friends) with several girls who were trapped in that life. I used to try to help them with their self esteem but I realized to really rescue them would take money a lot more money than I ever had. These friends of mine often said I should start a home for wayward girls and children. I still want to do this. Therefore if God should let me win millions of dollars I promise God I will use most of it to rescue children and girls caught in this terrible life. This is why I buy lotto tickets.

Not to blast you but- the road to  i think buying lotto tickets with the hopes that God will make you win so you can do His work shows a lack of faith in His ability to provide using His way. Itls like when Sarah tried to get an heir via Hagar. God doesnt need our "Help" to carry out his purpose

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Now for Paul Harvey's, "the rest of the story", a.k.a. my dirty laundry. Decades ago I married a non-believer, I'm unequally yoked but not giving up and working on it since I repented. My wife likes those scratch off lottery tickets, so infrequently, I'll purchase a few of them for her, with the carnal thought of, "happy wife; happy life"

I don't see that so much as a carnal thought, but some good sense.  :laugh:  I've lived in many countries over the years and one thing is a constant if you're married. It doesn't matter what language, country, or possibly planet (in the future) you're from it boils down to this old saying from one of my grandfathers:

"If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

:)

• Thumbs Up 3