• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

So did anyone win?

If so might we each  pray  for them to recover from their misfortune?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

If buying a ticket is a sin against God, is it greater a sin to buy one ticket for the whole 52 weeks of a year for $156 at a time, than it is to buy one ticket each week at $3 a shot? 

I kinda wonder for will it seem extraordinarily greedy to win early on in the year and still  have entries  for the year? Buying once for the whole year frees up time that would otherwise be spent in line week after week, and then might one just ask forgiveness once for the whole year? Well maybe long as one pledges most of it go to some worthy charity or to Worthy Christian Ministries, or better yet  put the winning ticket in the donation plate keeping none of it for self?

People worry about the darndest things, don't we?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So did anyone win?

If so might we each  pray  for them to recover from their misfortune?

Only if you believe in what God has to say about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Only if you believe in what God has to say about it.

If I pick my numbers in a Godly manner?

May I suggest 666 ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

God knows every thought and motive. He knows every need. Many times he will give us what we want. Still I would not want winning the lottery to become a way of life. Be wise, it is not you money. He may ask you to make a very hard choice. The rich young ruler made a bad choice.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I can only imagine, if all of a sudden I became a multi-millionaire. The sleepless nights, the anxiety and worry about all that money how to invest it, spend it, use it. Having dozens of people show up uninvited claiming they're related to me, scammers, thieves and hard luck people laying it on thick. I don't know any rich people personally, but I wonder how many of them are truly happy, content; how many hours of the day they can think of something else that doesn't involve the use of money?

I don't know, but when a filthy rich person lays their head upon their pillow at night; what do you suppose their thoughts drift to going to sleep? I can only imagine and guess based upon my own thoughts.

Matthew 6:19 (KJV) Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Matthew 6:20 (KJV) But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

• Brilliant! 1

Here is what usually happens.All of your relatives will,hate you because you gave them no money,or not enough money.Your friends will hate you for these same reasons.You will quit your job . After a while you will get bored.Then you will make dumb decisions,like if you are a golfer you might decide to buy a golf course. You will discover your millions don’t mean crap in the world of business and you wind up bankrupt .Check out the true life stories .Your odds of finding happiness after a sudden fortune are as remote as hitting a power- ball.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

Truth is a lot of sins become easier to avoid with  the benefit of having obtained age. What would I do with  $1.6 billion dollars? Work myself into a heart attack onto death trying to invest it wisely? Buy a whole congregate living facility? What, what would I do? Gee I alm rather happy I lost,- well I did get $8, so for the mid week I'm up what $5?

>
<

But then some are young at heart, and would think like the 90 year old man that married the 19 year old girl, and was chastised by his friend that it could kill him. To which he brightly  said, well if she dies she dies.  The moral of the story being, some see only the bright side while  others see only  the sad side, of all things. Me I don't much worry I gave a little money that theorhetically helped public education and funded Bright scholars grants to private Christian schools too ( Yeah sure).

Me, I see that God uses even what is intended for evil, to the good of those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and  personal savior. If He chooses that I be plagued by great vast easy wealth and have to contend with it, well so be it. It will all work out as He has foreknown and predestined for those He has given to His son from before the beginning.  Easy money will go hard and harder lessons be likely learned. In the meantime I hang on for the ride secure in the safety strap provided me at such great personal cost to God my Lord and savior.

Edited by Neighbor
added a paragraph

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Here is what usually happens.All of your relatives will,hate you because you gave them no money,or not enough money.Your friends will hate you for these same reasons.You will quit your job . After a while you will get bored.Then you will make dumb decisions,like if you are a golfer you might decide to buy a golf course. You will discover your millions don’t mean crap in the world of business and you wind up bankrupt .Check out the true life stories .Your odds of finding happiness after a sudden fortune are as remote as hitting a power- ball.

I did have one encounter with what you're mentioning. Back in the early 1980's, when I was the First Sergeant of an Army Reserve Company, we had a young lady in our company win the Illinois lottery for just over two million. The Illinois lottery had not been established very long. This young lady quit her job and the Army Reserve. It wasn't very long afterward that an article appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper about this young lady. In short, she had gone through all her winnings and became deeply into debt. She reapplied to get back into the Army Reserves and I'm assuming trying to get her life back on track. 

I guess the secular moral of the story would be: She was much better off prior to winning the lottery.

• Thumbs Up 1