IGNORED

Reading your Bible

I recently neglected to read mine daily. I felt lost. 

It is so simple but so vital. Even a few minutes to read Psalms just puts me back in tune with God for my day. 

With a kindle it is so easy and wonderful. What is your favourite version? I like New International Version best. But i also have the King James when i am in the mood. 

I just wondered do you make time for bible reading daily? We are all so pressured but what on earth could be more important? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I recently neglected to read mine daily. I felt lost. 

It is so simple but so vital. Even a few minutes to read Psalms just puts me back in tune with God for my day. 

With a kindle it is so easy and wonderful. What is your favourite version? I like New International Version best. But i also have the King James when i am in the mood. 

I just wondered do you make time for bible reading daily? We are all so pressured but what on earth could be more important? 

Oh yes! Fellowship with the Lord daily. Could not survive without it. The older I get the more I realize that I need it. I travel a lot so I have the Bible on Audible with quite an extensive collection of teaching books. I also use Kindle with the text-to-speech function for books I can’t find on Audible. I also use YouTube for many lectures and sermons. I have listened to close to a hundred of, if not  more,  on the young/old earth debate and also the evolution/creation debate, and also about Islam to find out what they actually believe. Anything and everything I use. I figure that the more I fill myself with Him the more He has the opportunity to form Himself in me. I prefer the NASB but I do a lot of comparing to see how other translationer translate this or that scripture. I prefer a lot of the older writers 1500-1800 authors myself, they seem to have more of a dependence on God and not so much on human reasoning. But as long as Christ is lifted in their writings, and it is not written out of self, I can learn and get fed  off of many authors. Some more than others but it’s up to what the Lord is doing in my life at any particular moment or time. But blessings to you as you search for God with all your heart. For He has told us that “we will find Him when we search for Him with our whole heart”    Blessings and peace.

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

Is your heart surrendered all day long...

Your Word is Truth

Your Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee

Your Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path

Yes, when the Spirit quickens Your written word, Your Words are alive in me...

For it is You that we seek...the Living Word...for it is You Who said, "Come to Me"

"If you abide (dwell, remain) in Me, and My words abide (dwell, remain) in you..."

Praise You Lord!

Edited by In Him

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I completely agree. However, since I have cataracts reading is difficult. So I listen to the Bible on Biblegateway, lately I enjoy the dramatized NIV the most. The book of Acts is especially good like this. I'm well aware that this is not a literal rendering of the Word of God but it's not supposed to be. It's a lot like the old radio shows our parents listened to before TV. This is a nice change from reading and it is edifying. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

8 minutes ago, JTC said:

I completely agree. However, since I have cataracts reading is difficult. So I listen to the Bible on Biblegateway, lately I enjoy the dramatized NIV the most. The book of Acts is especially good like this. I'm well aware that this is not a literal rendering of the Word of God but it's not supposed to be. It's a lot like the old radio shows our parents listened to before TV. This is a nice change from reading and it is edifying. 

This is an excellent idea. The dramatized version sounds like an incredible  listen to. Every little bit helps. It’s amazing what God can use to a heart that’s open to Him. Blessings!

Much love in Christ,Not me  

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The s/Spiritual resource of engrafting The Word of God into a mind that must be renewed-> despite the abundance of lies we are all immersed in the vital more than our necessary food... for we can eat till we die by flesh and then all that effort is the vanity >BUT< s/Spiritually we take command of the vanity and spread what we are to others... all vitalized by intake of God's Word

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
KJV

John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

John 6:53-58

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV

The Spiritual weave of Scriptures delivers the mind from vanity of idols....

• Loved it! 1

Amen!

Jesus said: It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.

Thanks and praise to Him!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Im not consistent on anything in a daily manner. I do read at least weekly but when I read, its in long periods, like hours at a time. Its just how I operate, im this way with anything. My goal is every other day honestly. I usually use the KJV and I find that study bibles grab my attention more because they help me to remember and the text is in sections so it makes it easier to stop and pick up again. I do like the NLT and ESV too though. Actually I just bought the life application study bible because i have heard so many good things about it, and I started it yesterday and I am really enjoying it. It helps me anyway. Phones are nice for quick scripture reflection and devotionals. Actually you can do so much with phones now, I suppose you can play a podcast music while doing other things. I do that while doing dishes often.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I enjoy the NKJV since most of the memory verses I know are from the KJV.  I especially love the Psalms for devotional times.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I also use e-sword while at home, and usually compare Amplified, English Standard Version and New King James.   But I also check LITV, Wuest, and YLT.  Word Study Dictionary N.T. by Spiros Zodiahates is my go to lexicon, as well as Vine's, Ropertson's Word Pictures, Vincent's Word Studies, and Wuest's Word Studies are also valuable.   The commentaries I find most valuable are Barnes Notes and Jamison, Faucet and Brown.  All are on my E-Sword but I have hard copies of most of them as well which I rarely use because they are too heavy and awkward compared with a computer program.

• Thumbs Up 1