• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Peavey said:

I can't argue with that. My point was (poorly made) that I need a time to study and a time to simply let the Spirit lead.

As a human being, my emotions ebb and flow, so the discipline of coming to the Bible with both approaches helps keep me on an even keel.

I do not read the Bible out of any sense of duty or guilt (at least not any more) but I read it because it's good for me.

Slight misunderstanding, my post was not directed at you. I just happened to post after you did. I enjoyed your post and saw a heart after Christ in it. Thought you did a fine job.  I was just trying to add to or enlarge on the OP. Blessings,  and may Christ enlarge Himself in our innermost beings that we might be conformed to Him in all things. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Not me said:

Slight misunderstanding, my post was not directed at you. I just happened to post after you did. I enjoyed your post and saw a heart after Christ in it. Thought you did a fine job.  I was just trying to add to or enlarge on the OP. Blessings,  and may Christ enlarge Himself in our innermost beings that we might be conformed to Him in all things. 

Ah, I see. I am glad, though, because it gave me an opportunity to be clearer what I was trying to say!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Feelings are misleading apart from the Lord.. when I wanted something of this world like an A on a test, a job or something like that... I had to study,. Basically I did what seemed I had to do for the proper results.. This does not apply to The Lord..

Creating a pattern of reading scripture, going to church, or Bible study will not add up.. this only creates a mask that eventually will fool even the one doing this.  The Love He has for us is the reason we attempt to love him..The Holy Spirit will eventually move you effortlessly.. peace be with you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Shadow with a shirt on said:

Feelings are misleading apart from the Lord.. when I wanted something of this world like an A on a test, a job or something like that... I had to study,. Basically I did what seemed I had to do for the proper results.. This does not apply to The Lord..

Creating a pattern of reading scripture, going to church, or Bible study will not add up.. this only creates a mask that eventually will fool even the one doing this.  The Love He has for us is the reason we attempt to love him..The Holy Spirit will eventually move you effortlessly.. peace be with you

If you wouldn’t mind me saying so. But I find such a searching heart in your writings, it blesses me so. Thanks for have such a searching heart after God. 

Edited by Not me

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

3 hours ago, Not me said:

If you wouldn’t mind me saying so. But I find such a searching heart in your writings, it blesses me so. Thanks for have such a searching heart after God. 

Hey there, all the Glory is His alone.. I have to thank the Lord for making me able to bless my brothers and sisters in Christ with this reaction I'm having from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.. Wonderful He Is... peace be with you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 10/20/2018 at 12:06 AM, Melinda12 said:

I recently neglected to read mine daily. I felt lost. 

It is so simple but so vital. Even a few minutes to read Psalms just puts me back in tune with God for my day. 

With a kindle it is so easy and wonderful. What is your favourite version? I like New International Version best. But i also have the King James when i am in the mood. 

I just wondered do you make time for bible reading daily? We are all so pressured but what on earth could be more important? 

Melinda, this was something that concerned me also. It occurred to me that it is so easy to fall out of the habit, if we ever cultivated the habit in the first place. Also, people are often undisciplined about reading the Bible, they just use the 'lucky dip method' open the Bible, and see where it lands, then read there. Others read what they like. Maybe they like the Psalms for the beauty and encouragment, to see what a heart after God's looks like. Maybe they love reading the story of Jesus' life. Perhaps, they avoid some of the epistles, since they tell us how we should live, but fail to, or maybe even do not want to. They maybe avoid Revelation, too confusing. They avoid Numbers - too boring. Some, only read the New Testament, thinking that the Old Testament is no longer relevant. Some, take it upon themselves, to read the Bible cover to cover, most who start that do not finish it. You get the idea.

I was thinking once about a year ago . . . "What if there were a way, that one could read the Bible, in an organized, disciplined way? What is there was a way, where one did not have to think about, what to read next. What if there was a way, were this was easy to do, and not be stuck always in the same book each day, but getting a taste from different books of the Bible, in small doses each day, so it did not seem like a burden to do."

Might that be helpful? What if it took typically, less that twenty minutes each day, and even that, did not have to be in one sitting. What if doing that, would take one through the whole Bible in one year. What if it was okay to skip a day, when it was not practical. What if one could catch back up when that happened. What if one wanted to get it done in less and a year, or take longer and could go at one's own pace. What if one could start such a program at any point in time on any day of the year, and what if such a program was ongoing, so that one could read the Bible that way, year after year.

What if a person had questions about what one read, and could get some answers from others, yet not in a way, that was always full of arguing. What if, I had some insight of my own, worth sharing with others.  

What if, one could just click on a link that displayed the verses in a Bible version of one's own choosing. What if one could even hear the passages read to them. What if there were even the ability to see specific topics of the Bible addressed with supporting verses.

If that all sounds like a good idea, then join the club!