HeWillCome2040

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

If God does nothing in vain and God is all powerful, then can He get everything He desires?

Seem so per scriptures:

Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

But what if He couldn't? How could you be sure in Him?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Philippians 1:6

Being confident in this very thing that he who has begun a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

7 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Philippians 1:6

Being confident in this very thing that he who has begun a good work in you will perform it unto the day of Jesus Christ.

Yes, it would appear that the scriptures are clear that what God desires He gets.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It is my opinion the answer goes unsaid...God bless

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am going to say no to that one. He is sovereign and gets what He chooses, His will will be done, yet evil happens. He has His reasons for what He does, what He allows, and does not need to answer to us for His choices. Every thing he does, is good by nature, whether or not we agree or understand.

Consider this though in the context of the question:

3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2

God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Is that language vague? I do not think it is. I think it is also abundantly clear in scripture, I doubt I need to list verses, that not all men will be saved. 

If that is true, then no, He does not always get what He desires.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

11 hours ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I think that is a great verse to know. The problem is, that we do not know what it is, that pleased God that His word will accomplish. Maybe there are those (I know this goes against everything we want to believe about our loving God) who God chooses to have His Word judge and condemn the unGodly!

28 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am going to say no to that one. He is sovereign and gets what He chooses, His will will be done, yet evil happens. He has His reasons for what He does, what He allows, and does not need to answer to us for His choices. Every thing he does, is good by nature, whether or not we agree or understand.

Consider this though in the context of the question:

3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2

God desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. Is that language vague? I do not think it is. I think it is also abundantly clear in scripture, I doubt I need to list verses, that not all men will be saved. 

If that is true, then no, He does not always get what He desires.

So are you just picking which one you want to follow?

30 minutes ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

So are you just picking which one you want to follow?

i do not understand your question., I am not picking anything, I am accepting what I see is scripture, care to explain what you mean?

Guest shiloh357
15 hours ago, HeWillCome2040 said:

If God does nothing in vain and God is all powerful, then can He get everything He desires?

Seem so per scriptures:

But what if He couldn't? How could you be sure in Him?

No, God doesn't get everything He desires.   God desires that man does not murder; but, people murder.   God desires that man does not fornicate; but men and women fornicate.  

I could go on and on listing things that happen in violation of God's will, but you get the point.  

And I would also add that Isaiah 55:11 isn't saying that God gets everything He wants.   It is talking about prophecy and in particular the establishment of the House of David, which is a messianic prophecy about Jesus who will establish the Davidic Kingdom.   That verse is an assurance that this messianic promise will come to pass in accordance with God's timing and His sovereign purposes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

God is getting exactly what He wants......worship from those that He has given the freedom not to .What would YOU want if you had the power to get anything? One could create a universe where everybody  liked them.Perhaps create a universe where everybody even loved them! But to create a universe where everybody that truly knew you worshipped you, wow—- what could be greater than that? The problem of course is that this worship must be earned.Satan was willing to give the entire Earth to Jesus in turn for a little “ worship”.Only Jesus had the love to sacrifice Himself for us . He did not have to do it and we most certainly did not deserve.His love for us and His unfathomable courage to “ drink of the cup” that God required of Him for our sake was what earned Him our worship.That and a million other things.I am very eager to fall at His feet.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953