• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

hello eveyone

my father has asked me to move out of the house by end of the year

the issue here is i have psoriasis , which mean i shed skins everywhere i go, onto the floors etc, not a lot, but it all build ups, and still a fair bit. should i be upfront about this in mine application?

for example, right now i am trying to apply to houses via this Christian website and possibly other online ads.

if so, how should i phrase it exactly in mine application?

also i am currently on government benefits, how should i phrase this if i should be open about this?

thank you for your help in advance

God bless you all

correction: sorry i can't afford to rent a house or an apartment of mine own at the moment, i can only afford to rent a room with a family or in a boarding house situation with flatmates......

Edited by Equippers
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Equippers, I don't believe psoriasis should be an issue nor would I think they'd have reason to ask. But if they do ask, be honest.

thank you Yowm i really appreciate it :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I wouldn't say anything about psoriasis but I believe you have to tell the landlord you get assistance. This is not necessarily a bad thing because to the LL your assistance means he's guaranteed a certain amount of rent even if you're late on the payment. Also the LL may have to deal directly with the agency that gives you assistance. Again this isn't bad many people nowadays's need help. If you do any kind of work at all be sure to mention that. LL's like it when tenants on assistance are also working. They feel that insures them you aren't a drug user or some other kind of social deviant. 

It's always scary the first time a person gets their own apt. I hope you have friends or family that will give you emotional support as you make this change.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JTC said:

I wouldn't say anything about psoriasis but I believe you have to tell the landlord you get assistance. This is not necessarily a bad thing because to the LL your assistance means he's guaranteed a certain amount of rent even if you're late on the payment. Also the LL may have to deal directly with the agency that gives you assistance. Again this isn't bad many people nowadays's need help. If you do any kind of work at all be sure to mention that. LL's like it when tenants on assistance are also working. They feel that insures them you aren't a drug user or some other kind of social deviant. 

It's always scary the first time a person gets their own apt. I hope you have friends or family that will give you emotional support as you make this change.

thank you for your reply JTC

sorry, i was not clear.....

i can not afford to get my own house or an apartment at the moment, i can only afford to rent a room off a family or in a boarding house that is why i wonder if people i am going to be living with will have problems with mine shedding and hence the need for me to be upfront.....

thank you again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,013
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I don't think you need to mention the skin problem if you will mainly be in your room.  You can vacumn in your room so there won't be any skin flakes around.  If you spend any time in the kitchen it would probably be brief so you probably wouldn't create any flakes there.

On the application there will be a place asking about your income...so you can put about the assistance there.   Also, if you have a job or are planning to work.

Don't forget to ask around at various churches, not only for work, but ask if they know of anyone needing a boarder.   The churches might have some elderly person that would rent you a room...or that might give you a room in exchange for some small chores done for them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Debp said:

I don't think you need to mention the skin problem if you will mainly be in your room.  You can vacumn in your room so there won't be any skin flakes around.  If you spend any time in the kitchen it would probably be brief so you probably wouldn't create any flakes there.

On the application there will be a place asking about your income...so you can put about the assistance there.   Also, if you have a job or are planning to work.

Don't forget to ask around at various churches, not only for work, but ask if they know of anyone needing a boarder.   The churches might have some elderly person that would rent you a room...or that might give you a room in exchange for some small chores done for them.

hello unfortunately i shed at other places as well, particular bathroom. the amount i shed varies, but it does built up.....

thank you for your advice i appreciate it :)

• Loved it! 1

52 minutes ago, Equippers said:

hello unfortunately i shed at other places as well, particular bathroom. the amount i shed varies, but it does built up.....

thank you for your advice i appreciate it :)

It doesnt build up if you clean up after yourself often. 

I rinse the tub after every bath. 

You are overthinking things. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,507
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On the up side- perhaps the reduction in tension after moving out will  help reduce the problem. One might look forward to that possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,013
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

37 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Yes; stress can aggravate psoriasis. Good suggestion, Neighbor.

One piece of advice I can offer you, Equippers: if you do get an apartment , DO NOT rent one with "shared utilities". This means things like water, sewer, trash removal and building electric (hall lights, anything not in your apartment, etc) are split 2-4 ways (depending on how many units). In a "fourplex", someone can run up the water or gas and you end up paying for their indiscretions (been through this).

Also: use the time you have to read up on tenant rights in your city and state (or wherever you live). When renting, don't trust people to necessarily have your best interests in mind.

Just some stuff I learned the hard way in my time. Praying for you. :th_praying:

I was also wondering if stress might add to the problem of psoriasis or even be the cause of it.

Btw, Equippers can't afford an apartment but is looking to rent a room from someone or in a boarding house.

20 hours ago, Debp said:

I was also wondering if stress might add to the problem of psoriasis or even be the cause of it.

Btw, Equippers can't afford an apartment but is looking to rent a room from someone or in a boarding house.

thank you

i think stress can probably be one of the rooted cause and it definitely contribute to the ongoing of it.....

• Loved it! 1