IGNORED

WorthyNews: Trump asks for more answers on Khashoggi death, but backs Saudi arms deals

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,258
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - US President Donald Trump said Saturday he was not satisfied with Saudi Arabia’s response to a dissident journalist’s death, but warned against scrapping a multibillion-dollar deal with the conservative kingdom.

Saudi Arabia has admitted that critic Jamal Khashoggi was killed inside its Istanbul consulate after a physical altercation, in a major dialing back of two weeks of denials, but the whereabouts of his body remain unclear.

It said 18 Saudis have been arrested in connection with his death and two top aides of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, as well as three other intelligence agents, have been sacked. [ Source: Times of Israel (Read More...) ]

The post Trump asks for more answers on Khashoggi death, but backs Saudi arms deals appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

why should we be upset when the Saudi's kill one of their citizens when they question his loyalty to the state.     What we have done in the past in those situations is send in a  drone and kill the person and friends and family around him.

We  have no moral right to say anything to them at all.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, other one said:

We  have no moral right to say anything to them at all.

Perhaps or perhaps not.... I don't know.  

But if the USA says it wants to go ahead with selling arms to Saudi Arabia because the USA wants money or jobs..  and does not even temporarily put arms sales on hold as Germany has possibly just done....  I am wondering could that possibly send a message to the rest of the world that the USA cares more about getting money than about human lives.. as long as the humans are not americans?

Sorry for my rather blunt question.  Truly truly no offence intended to you brother.  But just puzzled?

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, just_abc said:

Perhaps or perhaps not.... I don't know.  

But if the USA says it wants to go ahead with selling arms to Saudi Arabia because the USA wants money or jobs..  and does not even temporarily put arms sales on hold as Germany has possibly just done....  I am wondering could that possibly send a message to the rest of the world that the USA cares more about getting money than about human lives.. as long as the humans are not americans?

Sorry for my rather blunt question.  Truly truly no offence intended to you brother.  But just puzzled?

Thanks.

This is an internal Saudi Affair.   This man was a Saudi, he was killed by Saudi Arabia on Saudi Arabian soil.    The problem is that we have a delicate coalition of Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt that stand as a bulwark against Iran and the US has take that into consideration as well.   So it is not about money, as much as that has been assigned to this issue.

Not only that but no one had a problem when Obama reacted slowly to the beheading of American journalists, or when he waited 75 days to kill Ben Laden after learning where he was.   He was praised as a deep thinker for not reacting straightaway.   But Trump is waiting for more evidence and he is condemned for it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Shiloh, also no one seemed to mind a lot when Obama sent drones to kill American Citizens which also took out some of their friends and family.

Khashoggi is not just some News Paper writer, he's an  part of the Muslim Brotherhood and has been active in the USA for some time...   It's kind of hard for me to get all worked up over someone killing a person who wants to overthrow our government.

This is all a whole lot more complicated than it looks on the surface

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-turkey-saudi-khashoggi-20181022-story.html      

Some good information in this news article about how it's effects will change the outlook of the Middle East.