IGNORED

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Eliptic01 said:

Romans 8:1

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

The problem is that many do not understand that being "in Christ Jesus"

does NOT refer to just merely having received the Holy Spirit.

The NT repeatedly teaches us what is required of us:

True saving faith = believe, have faith, trust, and obey.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You keep hinting around that anyone not agreeing with you is not saved, or will somehow lose their salvation.  And I report you every single time you do it.

Gee, I didn't realize that this is an OSAS-only forum.

News Flash ...

Man has the God-given free will to refuse to co-operate with God re: his salvation.

This is against God's bests efforts to keep him saved, of course.

Edited by ZacharyB
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

2 Corinthians 7:8-10   Paul writing to believers, of course ...

"godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation".

Yes, for the one who was never born again.  That is not saying that Christians lose their salvation and have to repent to get re-saved.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, for the one who was never born again.  That is not saying that Christians lose their salvation and have to repent to get re-saved.

Art thou surest aboutest this?

No, this is just another NT passage which teaches us that ...

our salvation is a process!

And, repenting of our sins is a part of that process!

FOT, repenting of our on-going sins demonstrates that we have the right heart attitude.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

2 hours ago, Eliptic01 said:

Dear Betha, by citing this verse, you essentially appear to contradict yourself:

Ephesians 2:10:

"For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life."

Therefore we need not worry whether our works are or can be "good enough", since all the works we can do were ready for us to do before we were born:

Jeremiah 1:5: ...

OTOH, 2THESS.2:1-17 also says that just preceding the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth, there will be a great falling away from the faith by many Christian apostates who will be known by their lawlessness, unrighteousness(= wilful or ignorant sins/evil-works), self deception/delusion and non-repentance/stubbornness.

2THESSALONIANS.2:1-17 (NKJV) = The Great Apostasy

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Stand Fast

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

So, Scripture says that during the last days it has been predestined that the truly saved Christians would be bearing the good works/fruits of the Spirit and standing fast on the Word of God while the not-truly saved Christians or apostates would be bearing the evil-works/lawlessness of the flesh and not standing fast on the Word of God.

1TIMOTHY.4:1-11 =

The Great Apostasy

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

A Good Servant of Jesus Christ

If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Betha said:

i would say that anyone who is in the TRUE LORD JESUS CHRIST (Lord of the Sabbath who died for them) has absolutely nothing to fear as regards salvation.  but what about the MANY DECEIVED who are following another christ Mat 24 ?  do they have the same conviction and assurance as TRUE believers ?

we can't say that they don't exist, scripture says they do...as in the wheat and the TARES....all growing up together. why do you think there is so much disagreement in christianity ??? there are true and false believers....we need to 'know for sure' what side we are on....not assume !

Right, if you are truly born again and have come to faith in Jesus Christ Jhn 3:3-7 and Rom 10:9-10, you are then sealed until redemption Eph 1:13-14, Rom 8:33-39. If you didn't work to obtain salvation then what makes you think you can work to keep it? Non-OSAS is a false doctrine Betha. Jesus will say I never knew you because you never had that personal relationship with me. God bless.

Matt 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Betha said:

true we can not earn salvation and even 'good works we do will only earn us REWARDS.

But the 'GOOD WORKS OF GOD' will help us to 'grow FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT...which no other can produce but GOD HIMsELF but WE have to walk in  Eph 2v10. The Covenant we enter with God is a PARTNERSHIP in which we have been given only a small part because of our weaknesess, but nevertheless we are empowered by God's Spirit to do...become obedient as a New Creation. Heb 5v9,  Eph 2v1-3. we are not to remain disobedient or UNfruitful, we must produce fruit or get chopped off and burnt in the fire Joh 15.

Here is “ our part” when it comes to Salvation—-“Believe in the One He sent”.  Adding to that for your Salvation might “ cost” you your Salvation. Add to the Gospel at your own risk.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Now you are implying that anyone who does not accept what you say is condemned.  What is your motivation for continually judging people?  

I am always amused by people who view every other person around them who does not accept a doctrine exactly the way they do as being completely lost.  They see these same people as evidently running around sinning at every opportunity, despite the fact that you have no clue what anyone outside your limited sphere of exposure is actually doing.  You certainly do not know what I am doing.  You don't even know what I believe, personally, but you'll go ahead and judge me anyway.  Sweet!

I am also amused by those who believe Jesus' salvation is so fragile and so transitory that just sneezing the wrong way can jeopardize it.  I've looked in the New Testament and tried to see where anyone could get that idea, and I don't see it.  The Apostles never seemed worried that God is going to revoke their Salvation Card at any minute if they eat the wrong meat or observe Hanukkah.  Yes, gross, repetitive, unrepentant moral sin can jeopardize salvation, but not the way some people constantly claim and certainly not over matters of personal conviction that are not moral matters anyway.  The concept is ludicrous, and posting multiple scriptures as proof texts, out of context is never going to solidify your position.  I know how that works, and I understand the rational behind it.

I agree for the most part, however I am convinced that even “gross ,repetitive,unrepentant moral sin is covered by the Grace of God. “Where sin abounded, grace abounded that much more”Christians have the freedom to be fools and God has a few remedies up His sleeve.The carnal Believer is Still a Believer and God does not play around when it comes to chastising His errant children— I speak from experience .If one refuses to respond positively to God’s discipline God can strike him dead and call him home before his time.

7 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Art thou surest aboutest this?

No, this is just another NT passage which teaches us that ...

our salvation is a process!

And, repenting of our sins is a part of that process!

FOT, repenting of our on-going sins demonstrates that we have the right heart attitude.

“ Repentance toward God, with faith in Jesus Christ” is the Repentance that leads to Salvation.That is a “ change of mind”  (metanoia) from whatever you thought was saving you to the Truth that actually DOES save you—-simply Believing thAt Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave. 1Cor15:1-4  Once saved, the Believer will have another type of repentance , which is a sorrow and regret for sinning against the One that loved you enough to suffer and die for you.You feel like a rat. Deservedly so.You are already forgiven for that and any other sin you may commit. You confess it to God ( agree with Him that you have sinned) and thereby restore your fellowship and joy.It will also show itself to be very important if you have any hope of getting your prayers answered readily.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, discipler777 said:

Brilliant post. Good job.

Col2:13-15.          “ He has made us alive with Him when He forgave us ALL of our sins,wiped out the Law’s demands against us and took them out of the way by nailing them to the cross” You are confusing our practice with our position.Our practice here in these weak bodies of flesh is sinful, but nonetheless God is way ahead of us—— positionally, He has placed us in our “ Heavenly Seats”, sitting with Jesus,already citizens of Heaven.

Personally, I don’t understand all the hand-wringing over an issue that was taken care of 2000 years ago.Some just can’t believe “ Good News” when they hear it.Jesus has promised to save us if we believe the Gospel .Past sins....present sins....future sins—let God sort it out.I am saved by my faith, so it is all irrelevant as far as my Salvation is concerned.God is the One who chose faith in His Promises to trump our pitiful attempts at perfection.He promised to finish the Good Work that He started.To put it crudely, He was the One Who chose to put the monkey on His back, strictly for our helpless sakes.Put it on your back if you choose. I’m going to rest in my Heavenly seat, trusting in what He did for me at the Cross.