IGNORED

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Betha said:

true we can not earn salvation and even 'good works we do will only earn us REWARDS.

But the 'GOOD WORKS OF GOD' will help us to 'grow FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT...which no other can produce but GOD HIMsELF but WE have to walk in  Eph 2v10. The Covenant we enter with God is a PARTNERSHIP in which we have been given only a small part because of our weaknesess, but nevertheless we are empowered by God's Spirit to do...become obedient as a New Creation. Heb 5v9,  Eph 2v1-3. we are not to remain disobedient or UNfruitful, we must produce fruit or get chopped off and burnt in the fire Joh 15.

Right, what you're describing is in reference to discipline and sanctification, not losing salvation. By preaching non-osas you are earning your salvation through works. You can preach discipline and sanctification and not fall into the false doctrine of non-osas. God's love is unconditional once you come to faith. Instead of kicking us out of His family and losing salvation, He offers better things for us, a relationship through discipline and sanctification.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

After 50 responding posts, the following thread was deleted without explanation:

A warning to BACs who are sinning habitually

I did not realize that only OSASers are welcome here.

So much for a fair and balanced discussion of critical Christian topics!

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

9 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Now you are implying that anyone who does not accept what you say is condemned.  What is your motivation for continually judging people?  

I am always amused by people who view every other person around them who does not accept a doctrine exactly the way they do as being completely lost.  They see these same people as evidently running around sinning at every opportunity, despite the fact that you have no clue what anyone outside your limited sphere of exposure is actually doing.  You certainly do not know what I am doing.  You don't even know what I believe, personally, but you'll go ahead and judge me anyway.  Sweet!

I am also amused by those who believe Jesus' salvation is so fragile and so transitory that just sneezing the wrong way can jeopardize it.  I've looked in the New Testament and tried to see where anyone could get that idea, and I don't see it.  The Apostles never seemed worried that God is going to revoke their Salvation Card at any minute if they eat the wrong meat or observe Hanukkah.  Yes, gross, repetitive, unrepentant moral sin can jeopardize salvation, but not the way some people constantly claim and certainly not over matters of personal conviction that are not moral matters anyway.  The concept is ludicrous, and posting multiple scriptures as proof texts, out of context is never going to solidify your position.  I know how that works, and I understand the rational behind it.

2THESSALONIANS.2:13-14 (NKJV) = Stand Fast

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1CORINTHIANS.6:9-11 = 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I agree for the most part, however I am convinced that even “gross ,repetitive,unrepentant moral sin is covered by the Grace of God. “Where sin abounded, grace abounded that much more”Christians have the freedom to be fools and God has a few remedies up His sleeve.

That is in reference to sins before being saved by faith, eg murderous Saul becoming Paul. That does not refer to “gross ,repetitive,unrepentant moral sin" committed after being saved by faith.

ROMANS.5:18-21 (NKJV) = 18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

HEBREWS.10:26-31 = 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

HEBREWS.6:4-8 = 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

MATTHEW.7:15-20 = You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Edited by discipler777

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The carnal Believer is Still a Believer and God does not play around when it comes to chastising His errant children— I speak from experience .If one refuses to respond positively to God’s discipline God can strike him dead and call him home before his time.

GALATIANS.5:16-21 = 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Col2:13-15.          “ He has made us alive with Him when He forgave us ALL of our sins,wiped out the Law’s demands against us and took them out of the way by nailing them to the cross” You are confusing our practice with our position.Our practice here in these weak bodies of flesh is sinful, but nonetheless God is way ahead of us—— positionally, He has placed us in our “ Heavenly Seats”, sitting with Jesus,already citizens of Heaven.

Again, that refers to "ALL of our sins/trespasses" being forgiven at the point of being saved by faith, ie all of our sins before being saved by faith, and does not refer to "ALL of our sins/evil-works/Law-breaking" AFTER being saved by faith, eg murderous Saul becoming Spirit-led, righteous and law-abiding Paul.

COLOSSAIANS.2:11-15 (NKJV) = 11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Seems some Christians are convinced that they have the license to “gross ,repetitive,unrepentant moral sin" or carnality or the lust of the flesh and still remain saved no matter how gross/unclean/dirty/immoral/lawless they are or still be guaranteed with salvation by God. But the Word of God at REVELATION.22:12-17, GALATIANS.5:19-21 and 1COR.6:9-10 say that such Christians will not inherit the kingdom of God or the tree of (eternal)life.

Edited by discipler777

3 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

After 50 responding posts, the following thread was deleted without explanation:

A warning to BACs who are sinning habitually

I did not realize that only OSASers are welcome here.

So much for a fair and balanced discussion of critical Christian topics!

JOHN.10:7-10 (NKJV) = 7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Again, that refers to "ALL of our sins/trespasses" being forgiven at the point of being saved by faith, ie all of our sins before being saved by faith, and does not refer to "ALL of our sins/evil-works/Law-breaking" AFTER being saved by faith, eg murderous Saul becoming Spirit-led, righteous and law-abiding Paul.

Paul would be the first to insist that he was “ righteous”. He got that way because of his faith in the Gospel .It was an imputed righteousness. Paul nor anyone else could keep the law and he knew it. That is why he preached Salvation by Grace. “ no man is justified by the works of the Law”. Your “ law-abiding” Paul declared himself to be “ chief of sinners” many years after his conversion on the road to Damascus.

Nobody is given a license to sin.Nobody needs it.We all do plenty of sinning without one.The only license I possess is a license to rest.You are either resting in the Cross or you are an enemy of the Cross.Your choice.

29 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody is given a license to sin.Nobody needs it.We all do plenty of sinning without one.The only license I possess is a license to rest.You are either resting in the Cross or you are an enemy of the Cross.Your choice.

10 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I agree for the most part, however I am convinced that even “gross ,repetitive,unrepentant moral sin is covered by the Grace of God. “Where sin abounded, grace abounded that much more”Christians have the freedom to be fools and God has a few remedies up His sleeve.The carnal Believer is Still a Believer and God does not play around when it comes to chastising His errant children— I speak from experience .If one refuses to respond positively to God’s discipline God can strike him dead and call him home before his time. 

It's been in the news that even Christian pastors and priests have committed gross sins, as if they have the license to sin. What will happen to them.?

1CORINTHIANS.5:4-5 (NKJV) = 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Emphasis is on the word "may be" saved. The verse does not say "shall be" or "will be" saved. So, there is a possibility that such a Gentile Christian wilful incest-sinner would or might not be saved, eg through non-repentance or stubbornness and losing faith while suffering the destruction of his flesh.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Betha said:

actually i agree 100% with what you say !!! Believing in 'THE ONE GOD SENT' is necessary for our salvation - for 'ONLY HE' is our Saviour !!!

people seem to be totally UNaware that it was the LORD of the SABBATH who is the true SON OF GOD who died for us and must also 'RISE AGAIN the SAME LORD TO MAINTAIN HIS TRUE IDENTITY AS ' LORD OF SABBATH. He is unchangable, being the same yesterday today and forever....His identity is fixed for ever, so He REMAINS 'LORD of SABBATH, the day HE hallowed and sanctified and is to be worshipped on that day...also RISING from the dead on HIS HOLY DAY...NO OTHER. This was decreed and set up in OT times from God beginning to deal with people personally Ex 20, Deut 5...when personally giving people HIS 10 Commandments to be observed throughout their generations Ex 31-apart from other commandments given through Moses, not binding eternally Eph 2v15,  Col 2v14.

so why do people insist on worshipping God on a day that is NOT holy to HIM and HE NEVER ASKED FOR ???  there is NOT ONE  instance in scripture where GOD requires sunday observance...it is purely a human tradition introduced by UNGODLY men  to draw people away from their true SAVIOUR.

so unless they return to the TRUE GOD OF ISRAEL who sanctified the Sabbath and all those who keep it- there can be NO SALVATION in any other Ex 31v13,14; Acts 4v12.  It's in scripture !

Romans 14:1 tells me to accept those whose faith is weak......the weak being defined as those who worry about sabbaths and what foods to abstain from.......soooooo....goodbye and God bless