Moving in with my boyfriend

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I'm nervous bc my friends have tried and it's just going miserable for them. Well one...idk about the other. 

I love my bf A LOT. Plus I'd be going for financial reasons...as well as to get a certification. 

I'm also neverouc bc a friend of mine said God would leave me forever if I left. 

But home isn't the best environment for me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I read your post and I don't know if you want an answer to you making that decision or an answer to the reason why you think you should.  I found out that when I asked for an opinion, I already had my mind made up.  I just needed confirmation from others.. 

It took suffering, and I mean a lot to lead me to Christ.. ignorance is not knowing, but there is one thing for sure we are aware in our ignorance...we are aware of our NOT knowing...I mean this with love..pray to the Father in the name of Jesus... peace be with you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/23/2018 at 11:20 AM, Debp said:

Sorry all: this was Debp quoting Figure of Eighty.

Figure said:

"I love my bf A LOT. Plus I'd be going for financial reasons...as well as to get a certification. 

I'm also neverouc bc a friend of mine said God would leave me forever if I left. "

My answer is to the original poster.

God will not leave you because your actions do not make God forget His promises. However, your actions might condemn you and this is what the devils would like.

Just think on this. No one can be responsible for your happiness except you. If you are looking to another human being and expecting them to make you happy, they will not. If you expect them to then you are in for a grave disappointment. 

So bottom line. God will not leave you, but you may put Him afar off so it feels like it.

Secondly, there is a way always to avoid pain since the Lord does NOT want you to be in any kind of pain.

Thirdly, your nervousness has more to do with what you think will be the end-game result of your actions. And it is probably a warning for you to heed.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 10/22/2018 at 8:14 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I'm nervous bc my friends have tried and it's just going miserable for them. Well one...idk about the other. 

I love my bf A LOT. Plus I'd be going for financial reasons...as well as to get a certification. 

I'm also neverouc bc a friend of mine said God would leave me forever if I left. 

But home isn't the best environment for me.

Welcome.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

6 hours ago, Debp said:

Maybe you are nervous about this because you know it is the wrong thing to do....to move in with your boyfriend.   If you are a Christian, you should always avoid a situation that would put you into temptation.

I don't know your age or what your home life is like.  Some people have abusive parents so therefore want to leave.  If this is the case, is it possible for you to room with a couple of your girlfriends?  This would be much better than living with a guy outside of marriage.

I want to add to the above good advice.  You should keep away from every appearance of evil..this is a bible verse.   You will have more temptation living with your boyfriend.  Pray to God to open up a place for you.  If it is because of abuse ask for help at church right away.  Try to live with a christian.  Honor God.  Praying for you to make a good decision.  God Bless You. 

Edited by Frances
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

It'll be harder ...I have a place with a friend but. It costs more to fly to her and the cost of rent ,I won't have a car when I go with her.... 

Idk it's much better with my boyfriend. Because he won't ask much from me and wont mind driving me around and will work with me until I find a job. 

With my friend it'll be her half and my half and it'll get taxing on her after a while.

6 hours ago, Debp said:

Maybe you are nervous about this because you know it is the wrong thing to do....to move in with your boyfriend.   If you are a Christian, you should always avoid a situation that would put you into temptation.

I don't know your age or what your home life is like.  Some people have abusive parents so therefore want to leave.  If this is the case, is it possible for you to room with a couple of your girlfriends?  This would be much better than living with a guy outside of marriage.

What if I marry him? 

Also I feel a bit of unfairness. I have cousins who's Dad is a pastor. The female one had a couple kids while under her parents roof and the boy had a live in girlfriend they have children...and I feel slighted. 

Why am I threatened with hell when they did all of that and God is still with them and talks to them on the daily basis? Why? That's not fair at all.

Why is it just different for me? If they don't have a one way ticket to hell I shouldn't either. 

9 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Also I feel a bit of unfairness. I have cousins who's Dad is a pastor. The female one had a couple kids while under her parents roof and the boy had a live in girlfriend they have children...and I feel slighted. 

Why am I threatened with hell when they did all of that and God is still with them and talks to them on the daily basis? Why? That's not fair at all.

Why is it just different for me? If they don't have a one way ticket to hell I shouldn't either. 

Also not to mention. Not only did they have a parent that pastors but God speaks to them personally... something I wished and always wanted. 

I feel I usually get silence...even when I pursue God it's just silence. They often got to experience more in depth speiritually ...

So that compunded with the fact they have those gifts .. if they don't face any repurcussions and God still leads them dialy in their life then neither should I especially since I just don't have what they have. 

Idk I think I already made my decision because every time I think About this...I think about the unfairness and bias of it.