• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, GodPrincess said:

No, it was your comment to my post being distorted and short-sighted that was scornful. I don't encourage this lady to go bed-hopping, just that the church shouldn't dictate that a would-be couple shouldn't cohabit before marriage 

well considering what you wrote I stand by my statement....   if you have a problem with it take it up with George.  if he agrees with you he will ban me from the thread and that will be that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, other one said:

if she wants to focus on God she shouldn't tie herself to a non believer in the first place....    she's in a rather odd situation really.   There doesn't really seem to be something I would say is a good way out.....    but I could never suggest she do anything against the teachings of the New Testament.

I didn't go through everything. I just replied to her first message. But if this guy is a non believer, there is no doubt- she should not marry a person who is not living for the same goals. Her main goal should be to live for God. A spouse is a partner, she needs someone to help her live for God, not drag her down because a non believer will.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Stand by your statement as you wish, George and I haven't had issues or he would've approached me, nonetheless people should be more gracious with their opinions 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, GodPrincess said:

No, it was your comment to my post being distorted and short-sighted that was scornful. I don't encourage this lady to go bed-hopping, just that the church shouldn't dictate that a would-be couple shouldn't cohabit before marriage 

Sister, as I said in my earlier post - the church did not dictate that.  God did.  And I gave you and the OP scripture.  The church is merely teaching what God has already commanded.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

1 Corinthians 6:15–18

15 Do you not know that kyour bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined4 to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, l“The two will become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord mbecomes one spirit with him. 18 nFlee from sexual immorality. Every other sin5 a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person osins against his own body.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

On 1/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, GodPrincess said:

Stand by your statement as you wish, George and I haven't had issues or he would've approached me, nonetheless people should be more gracious with their opinions 

the Word is not a human opinion and repeating it doesn't make it one either.  It's not the speaker you have an issue with, it's the Author.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, GodPrincess said:

Something needs to be done about the scornful comments on this post. People should check themselves before proclaiming themselves a Christian 

yeah. a lot of chrisians do more harm to other Christians faith. Anyway you guys will be happy to know I didn't move in with him/...but I still have another problem.

potentially buying a house for my family and having my credit tarnished or rooming with my brother who I don't trust financially and living in the living room..

Idk.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Xethea said:

I didn't go through everything. I just replied to her first message. But if this guy is a non believer, there is no doubt- she should not marry a person who is not living for the same goals. Her main goal should be to live for God. A spouse is a partner, she needs someone to help her live for God, not drag her down because a non believer will.

This is true.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

27 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

yeah. a lot of chrisians do more harm to other Christians faith. Anyway you guys will be happy to know I didn't move in with him/...but I still have another problem.

potentially buying a house for my family and having my credit tarnished or rooming with my brother who I don't trust financially and living in the living room..

Idk.

Hi, thanks for replying. Very true, not all "Christians" are on the same page

I'm actually glad you reconsidered, it really is better to pursue a future with a godly partner on the same journey as you

Really, this is a big decision, you should take more time to decide this before committing to anything. Now would be a good time to ask God to guide you. Let us know how things transpire 

2 minutes ago, GodPrincess said:

Hi, thanks for replying. Very true, not all "Christians" are on the same page

I'm actually glad you reconsidered, it really is better to pursue a future with a godly partner on the same journey as you

Really, this is a big decision, you should take more time to decide this before committing to anything. Now would be a good time to ask God to guide you. Let us know how things transpire 

In all my years of being a saved Ive never felt led by God. I don't know what that feels like or how its supposed to feel like. All I know is that I need a place to live and I can get a preapproval letter tomorrow. I'm just going off my needs and doing the very best I know how.

Edited by Figure of eighty