• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I broke up with my bf mmonths ago.

What made you want to break up, if i may ask?

I never dated my wife. I think dating is a very stupid thing to do for many reasons. I wont say it is a sin, but it's not the smarter way to go from my perspective. Relationships and friendships and even my marriage went much better when i stopped dating.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

28 minutes ago, Xethea said:

What made you want to break up, if i may ask?

I never dated my wife. I think dating is a very stupid thing to do for many reasons. I wont say it is a sin, but it's not the smarter way to go from my perspective. Relationships and friendships and even my marriage went much better when i stopped dating.

he was immature ,rude, just so much to list I tried to hold on to something that was not good for me..like not good for my mental/emotional health. As for dating, I see nothing wrong with getting to know someone..

• Group:  Advanced Member

5 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

he was immature ,rude, just so much to list I tried to hold on to something that was not good for me..like not good for my mental/emotional health. As for dating, I see nothing wrong with getting to know someone..

like i said, i cannot say it is a sin, as in being sinfully wrong, but it just isn't "wise" the way the world views and uses dating for all sorts of wicked things and even just unwise things even if the love is there. Boy... if i could even tell you women the countless strategies these worldly men have told me why and how they get women to do what they want them for- and dating is the easiest way and step one to getting there. Without that, its hard to fall into their traps. But its real easy to fall for their gifts, charms, acts, thinking they are someone they are not, and many men will do everything they can- but when they get what they want after a certain period of time, countless women every day find out that boyfriend was nothing he appeared to be. he was just trying to please the girl to get something, then he stops doing all those good things women love from a man. Marriage is even used as a tool to think a women will give you whatever you want when you want because you own her and she wont leave you. dating is a safety way to get sex and not be held so accountable to take chances for a divorcement and lose everything to the woman. the list goes on. I see no godly purpose or anything smart about dating. you don't have to do it to get married.

1 minute ago, Xethea said:

like i said, i cannot say it is a sin, as in being sinfully wrong, but it just isn't "wise" the way the world views and uses dating for all sorts of wicked things and even just unwise things even if the love is there. Boy... if i could even tell you women the countless strategies these worldly men have told me why and how they get women to do what they want them for- and dating is the easiest way and step one to getting there. Without that, its hard to fall into their traps. But its real easy to fall for their gifts, charms, acts, thinking they are someone they are not, and many men will do everything they can- but when they get what they want after a certain period of time, countless women every day find out that boyfriend was nothing he appeared to be. he was just trying to please the girl to get something, then he stops doing all those good things women love from a man. Marriage is even used as a tool to think a women will give you whatever you want when you want because you own her and she wont leave you. dating is a safety way to get sex and not be held so accountable to take chances for a divorcement and lose everything to the woman. the list goes on. I see no godly purpose or anything smart about dating. you don't have to do it to get married.

You know what. I agree with you. I just had a guy who ( well he wasn't bad he was upfront and said he didn't want a relationship I also said I didn't want an FWB situation) However he still pursued me and I should have cut it off but I liked him. he did nice things for me but in the end when I wouldn't give it up in a car ..I got a nasty text back...so 

yeah I agree with what youre saying. I personally don't think I'm going to be married. I just wish God took this desire away.

• Group:  Advanced Member

4 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

You know what. I agree with you. I just had a guy who ( well he wasn't bad he was upfront and said he didn't want a relationship I also said I didn't want an FWB situation) However he still pursued me and I should have cut it off but I liked him. he did nice things for me but in the end when I wouldn't give it up in a car ..I got a nasty text back...so 

yeah I agree with what youre saying. I personally don't think I'm going to be married. I just wish God took this desire away.

i once thought that way... until God led my to my wife. If the desire is so strong, then i would bet God is preparing someone for you right now. i don't think it is there for nothing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

how husbands should treat wives....

Scripture says that the Husband must love their wives as Jesus loved the church.....    that is a command not a suggestion.

So if the guy is not willing to let some group beat him half to death then hang him on a tree for your well being, dump his *%$#% and tell him to get lost.....    and yes I would do that for my wife of 49 years..

don't give up on mankind, just wait on the Lord to send him by.....   my daughter waited till she was about 30

2 minutes ago, other one said:

how husbands should treat wives....

Scripture says that the Husband must love their wives as Jesus loved the church.....    that is a command not a suggestion.

So if the guy is not willing to let some group beat him half to death then hang him on a tree for your well being, dump his *%$#% and tell him to get lost.....    and yes I would do that for my wife of 49 years..

don't give up on mankind, just wait on the Lord to send him by.....   my daughter waited till she was about 30

This was funny to read. yeah..i just idk... I'm losing a bit of hope..not just for the men but I wonder if I would be a good wife ..I have a bit of a past

9 minutes ago, Xethea said:

i once thought that way... until God led my to my wife. If the desire is so strong, then i would bet God is preparing someone for you right now. i don't think it is there for nothing.

True but there are some people who have had a desire to marry and never have. it just happens like that. I don't know if ill be married or not I just don't want it to consume my life more than it already has.

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

This was funny to read. yeah..i just idk... I'm losing a bit of hope..not just for the men but I wonder if I would be a good wife ..I have a bit of a past

Don't we all have a bit of a past.....   LoL

I wasn't looking for a wife when I first met mine...   I was looking for an ice cream sunday…..    walked into a Dairy Queen and God touched me on the shoulder and quietly said there she is....

You never know when He will send someone your way that will love you like we are supposed to....   anyway don't give up on him, just carry on with life and make the most of it and He will make the things come along as needed...      My son got married quickly and it fell apart....  I doubt he will ever trust anyone with his heart again....

a warning for all you ladies from an old guy that is 71....    if a guy doesn't want to date without sex you should avoid him for if you should decide to marry him, as the excitement of sex wears off he very likely will stray looking for that excitement again with someone else.....    and when you've been married for 10 years or so the excitement almost always wears away slowly.

• Thumbs Up 1