His ways are Not ours

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I dare not to attempt to post a thing about my interpretation of the Lord.. I do share with you my realizing through the Holy Spirit that His ways are Nothing like ours.  

I could not gain HIS favor through what I believed gained HIS favor... The Holy Spirit has revealed to me that my defiance of "gain" and "favor" will not cut it with the Lord..so if this is so...how can we began to know what to do..

I do know that when you ask Him, you WILL receive.. your thoughts.....with Love through Christ

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Wow....I laughed out loud as I read your post...I can relate to the way he exposes how easy we lie to him... Forgive us Father...for we know NOT what we do ...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

2 hours ago, Shadow with a shirt on said:

Wow....I laughed out loud as I read your post...I can relate to the way he exposes how easy we lie to him... Forgive us Father...for we know NOT what we do ...

He is certainly an awesome God, in many ways. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Shadow with a shirt on said:

I dare not to attempt to post a thing about my interpretation of the Lord.. I do share with you my realizing through the Holy Spirit that His ways are Nothing like ours.  

I could not gain HIS favor through what I believed gained HIS favor... The Holy Spirit has revealed to me that my defiance of "gain" and "favor" will not cut it with the Lord..so if this is so...how can we began to know what to do..

I do know that when you ask Him, you WILL receive.. your thoughts.....with Love through Christ

I believe we are to believe Jesus and trust 100% in the atonement He secured on the cross to win for us eternal life...

So believing and trusting God are the keys to eternal life.. 

All our attempts at righteousness are as filthy rags to God..

People who believe and preach works salvation are doomed..

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

20 hours ago, Peavey said:

I didn't ask again. We do not know the big picture and we certainly don't know what God wants of us. All our personal righteousness is as filthy rags.... all of it. We cannot begin to know what to do to please Him, except to trust Him. I am still learning. When I think I can say, "Lord I trust You completely" then He shows me where I do not.

17 hours ago, Adstar said:

I believe we are to believe Jesus and trust 100% in the atonement He secured on the cross to win for us eternal life...

So believing and trusting God are the keys to eternal life.. 

All our attempts at righteousness are as filthy rags to God..

People who believe and preach works salvation are doomed..

Hmm.....
1 John 3:7

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.
Little children,
let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  KJV

Nothing to do with works, for salvation. It is God's word. God is light! No darkness, at all. Explain it to me. Brethren.

His ways are Not ours................

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hmm.....

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.
Little children,
let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  KJV

Nothing to do with works, for salvation. It is God's word. God is light! No darkness, at all. Explain it to me. Brethren.

Gary ,  you loved brother .    PRAISE THE LORD .     

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

8 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hmm.....

Little children,

1 John 3: KJV

7 "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."

So where in this verse does it state that doing righteousness pays for ones place in eternity with God?

That's right.. Nowhere..

But all people who have Gods Holy Spirit indwelling them will be moved to do righteousness if anyone says they are saved and does no righteous acts then they are fakes..

So salvation comes before our God enabled acts of righteousness.. Our righteous acts do not cause the salvation of God to come to us.. 

Putting the cart of righteousness before the horse of salvation is a mistake work salvation believers make.. To them salvation is a product to be purchased with the currency of good deeds and sin avoidance.. While to grace salvation believers salvation is a loving gift given by God to those who believe Jesus and trust in the atonement Jesus secured on the cross to save them.. 

In this world the thoughts of men are that receiving things like favor, credibility, admiration, love and respect from others must be done by us doing good deeds for others by being noble, kind, wise, smart, attractive and wealthy.. To the worldly nothing is free, everything must be paid for.. Love is never a gift but a repayment for services rendered..

The mind of God is not like us.. His love for us is not based on the services we have rendered for Him.. His love is perfect and pure, not like our love which is a form of harlotry to be paid for..  

So yes indeed,, His ways are not ours... 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

After we are saved we just do the things God's love leads us to do.  We allow His compassion to reach out to others through us.  These works don't save us, and often we aren't even aware that He is using us.  It is simply the result of being connected to the Vine, Jesus, that we bear fruit.  

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 10/22/2018 at 5:46 PM, Shadow with a shirt on said:

This is a great thread Shadow, and I can relate to your dilemma. As a young believer, I had similar thoughts. So many things happening in my young family's life were not going well to "my" understanding. Why Lord? Little did I know. God was molding us to "HIS" will for our family. As you quoted, God's ways sure aren't  nothing like our ways. So I started doing what His word said to do, the best way I knew how, and falling, but getting up (He lifted me up) and pressing on.
I simply started to do what I believed the scriptures said to do, especially concerning my wife and children. It took time.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

God did favor me, ultimately, He gave His son.....

From another:
"God will not allow any circumstance, or any person, to hold us back from His blessing, favor, and purpose for our lives. We don't have to worry. Because we belong to Him. And we can trust Him with our days. God is Able, He is more than Able, to turn the toughest, darkest times, around for good. He will not waste our pain, but will use the difficulty of what we walk through for greater good, to bring blessing and freedom to others. And often the greatest blessings come after the greatest times of testing."

From God:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him." Matthew 7:11

“How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.”  Psalm 31:19

“And the Lord said...This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.” Exodus 33:17

"Let our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands..." Psalm 90:17

"...but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

"...By your favor you make us strong..." Psalm 89:17

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 1:3

"For you bless the righteous ('hmm'), O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:12

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; 'then' will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Proverbs 18:22  He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.    And Amen, on that one..........

Psalm 106:4   Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people; help me when you save them (ask)

Proverbs 3:34   Toward the scorners he is scornful, but to the humble he gives favor.

God is for us! He wants to bless us. We are His children, He is our Father. Yes, He chastises us. Because He loves us, and His ways are the best ways. Remember this one;

Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith, believing God is a rewarder of those seeking Him, as the scripture says, is truth.  Pro 23:7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

It is not only OK to believe God wants to bestow His favor on us, God's word says we should believe it. By FAITH!  again; "without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"
God is Light, and He doesn't lie. His words really are truth. Remember the blind men He healed;   Mat 9:29  Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Your right Shadow, God's ways are not man's ways. Pray without ceasing. Talk to God, simply.

"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance; it is laying hold on His Willingness!!..........default_cool2.gif.cf8e7c2388e98cd4c5f1d230c395ad7e.gif

• This is Worthy 1