IGNORED

Will God be okay if we aren't happy,joyful positive Christians?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/27/2018 at 10:50 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I dont laugh all of the time, but I laugh a lot more than I used to.That laugh is a lot hardier than the one I used to have,also.Most Christians I know are smiling nearly all of the time.Its like I have a great secret I want to share but few believe it.I don’t lose any sleep over that .It took me many years to get here , but I am happy, I love to make others laugh and feel good about themselves.One thing I enjoy doing is filling my pockets with Juicy Fruit and riding the Harley around town and passing out the gum to little kids—if they are brave enough, I let them honk the horn.Any girl within hearing distance will be made aware that I offer  free rides to pretty girls( they know I am kidding) I go out of my way to make this “ offer” to those women who are-not often told that they are “pretty”.Before God showed me how to rest in his finished work and gave me the assurance of my Salvation, I was not this way.Life was something endured—- not savored and enjoyed.To be able to be happy in this Satan owned, fallen world is made all that much better when one realizes the best is yet to come.Forever.I hope this does not come off as too “ PollyAnnish”—— I can still be a jerk at times—- people in here can vouch for that.I just want Newbies to the faith to see what true Christianity  can do for them.Religionists walk around with scowls on their faces and spend most of their time judging others and pointing fingers.They are ignorant about how God works .God puts something great in your heart and it only lives by giving itself away.God bless 

Maybe my post came across as more somber than I intended, but I was responding to the original poster who was concerned about a lack of happiness as a Christian.

Yes, there is sheer joy in being in Christ and it spills over into our daily lives as it should.

If any of us know one person who is not saved, we should be burdened by it. If a Christian looks at the condition of our nation and our world right now, he or she should be desperately burdened by it. That's not to say that our joy is gone and that we can't even joke or be happy, but that we are not always "happy."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Say "Cheeeer", if u cant ,   just say "cheeeese"