• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/26/2018 at 9:53 PM, ask21771 said:

In revelation 18 the "merchants of the earth" are mentioned several times my question is are they referring to all the merchants of the earth or at least most of them?

If we look at current trade and world trade for that matter and how each country govern their trade by laws, we can see some isolation as in the current trade wars .  Some time in the future those situation may not exist as if businesses and even country wants to survive and eat, then they would have to become part of a truly global or one world trading system and maybe governance.   The term "Left Behind", would apply to those who think they can go it alone and thus starve.

The Babylon system must be understood in spiritual tones too, as it exists just as the physical.  The merchants became rich and by what "sorcery and witchcraft ".   This has already begun to take shape .   So, in the the end times, ALL who want to be part of the buying and selling would have to fornicate with the harlot to profit.

You may then ask, if that would include christian merchants ?.  I think at that time the world would be under the beast system and christian's would be forced out of the trade system as they would have to compromise if they want to participate. 

To understand how the merchants became rich by sorcery and witchcraft is key to understanding end time situations and it has a name "spiritual warfare".  Who are engaged or are allowed into this arena will have the insights of how  the merchants profited.   

If you look at the progression of AI [artificial intelligence ], you would see how many companies are being force to integrate by using robots that are being created to do just about everything.  Small businesses and those who don't have the resources to purchase and incorporate these machines would wither away. It is happening before our very eyes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/6/2018 at 11:27 PM, Adstar said:

From reading the scriptures it sounds like the merchants will be the ones involved in international trade..  Because the disasters that come upon the world during those times will bring international trade to a virtual stop..

That's what I always thought, as well- local trade has pretty well gone out the window, in this day and age- Int'l trade seems to be where it's all at, with ...well, the whole business from the book of Daniel, "Men will run to and fro", etc.- we're just all over the place anymore, and business-wise- same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,622
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

I hate to be disagreeable, well, that's not quite true :) , non-contentious perhaps, but I don't think it's a dearth of trade, it's monopolized world trade, a single purchasing center and most, if not all, trade is controlled. 

All the cargo, by all who had ships, or made their living by the sea is purchased by a single city. I don't think this means less trade. It's like UPS; all the packages arrive at one distribution center, checked and then released for delivery, just on a world wide scale.

No doubt necessary because of the second and third rider, and the first three trumps.