IGNORED

Would being Catholic keep one from being saved?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So you are in perfect obedience to God?

No, but I am close. I have a few more affairs to finalize before I come into perfect obedience to the Torah of God.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Pound for pound and post for post, Worthy gets some of the strangest people on Earth. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

God may be 100% Holy and Pure but the holiest of men maybe reach about 4%. 

I hope that burst your bubble and instills a tad bit of humility (which is part and parcel of perfect obedience).

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, Philippians 3:13 (KJV)

Obedience to God is not lack of humility, and if you think that, you are in serious trouble. The Torah has a finite amount of commands, and either you obey them, or you don't. Paul called himself perfect in terms of obedience to the Torah. Noah was called perfect in his generations, because of his obedience to Torah, which was known even before Moses. Either you obey Torah, or you don't. If 4% represents the percentage of how much you obey Torah, then you are in some serious trouble, "depart from me, you workers of lawlessness".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I am witnessing a grave danger .    Before I do continue on that note let me just say a quick reminder to this post .   WOULD BEING a muslim stop one from being saved

would being an atheist stop one from being saved ,  would being a non JESUS following Jew stop one from being saved

would being a catholic stop one from being saved .     NOT IF THEY REPENT of the LIE and RECIEVE CHRIST .   BUT IF THEY DO THAT , they wont be claiming any of those

titles as genuine , THEY WOULD KNOW they false .    

A muslim must reject his old mindset , AND reject that wicked Koran , allah and KNOW that ONLY JESUS SAVES .

IS a Mormon saved ,    no more than a catholic .   no they are not saved .   BUT they can be PULLED OUT of the lie , out of darkness, JUST as us true believers once were .

Now ,  back to the opening statement .  I SEE ONE in dire grave danger on this site .     They are trying to justify themselves by the law

AND ITS VERY EVIDENT , cause they even said THEY HAVE A FEW MORE THINGS to work out before being obedient to TORAH .

IN CHRIST the law has already been put on our heart .   WE live BY THE SPIRIT , we walk BY THE SPIRIT ,  but if we ever look to the law to be justified

YE HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE .       AND SINCE WE ONLY SAVED BY GRACE ,  this means YA AINT SAVED .     BETTER POINT TO JESUS or risk it all .

BETTER POINT to JESUS or be prepared to hear , I NEVER KNEW YOU ,  you who thought you could be justified by the law and not rather BY FAITH in the ONE WHO FULLFILLED ALL

CHRIST THE KING of kings and LORD of LORDS .    Folks ,  we better realize we got one among us that is in dire and grave danger for he stands and works tobe JUSTIIFIED by the law

AND THE LAW can only condmen .    FOR ALL MEN HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT .      STAND justified on the law ,   YOU stand CONVICTED BY THE LAW as THIS , a TRANSGRESSOR.

THIS IS far more serious a matter than some may realize .  I warn us all, this man is in dire danger .    Now by grace we don't MAKE VOID the law

no , its established on our hearts , we simply walk IN THE SPIRIT and heed not the flesh .   

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God may be 100% Holy and Pure but the holiest of men maybe reach about 4%. 

I hope that burst your bubble and instills a tad bit of humility (which is part and parcel of perfect obedience).

Php 3:13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

HE who offends in ONE POINT is guilty OF ALL THE LAW .     YOWM , this man is in grave danger .    WE cannot look to the law to be justified .   WAIT ,   YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS .

But we must do all now to persuade this man ,  SEEK to BE JUSTIFIED IN CHRIST and grace don't make void the law .   The fullilled law IN and BY CHRIST is within his own .

FOR HE is in HIS OWN and teaches them to walk righteously , godly an soberly In this evil world .    THIS man is in double grave danger .     

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I am witnessing a grave danger .    Before I do continue on that note let me just say a quick reminder to this post .   WOULD BEING a muslim stop one from being saved

would being an atheist stop one from being saved ,  would being a non JESUS following Jew stop one from being saved

would being a catholic stop one from being saved .     NOT IF THEY REPENT of the LIE and RECIEVE CHRIST .   BUT IF THEY DO THAT , they wont be claiming any of those

titles as genuine , THEY WOULD KNOW they false .    

A muslim must reject his old mindset , AND reject that wicked Koran , allah and KNOW that ONLY JESUS SAVES .

IS a Mormon saved ,    no more than a catholic .   no they are not saved .   BUT they can be PULLED OUT of the lie , out of darkness, JUST as us true believers once were .

Now ,  back to the opening statement .  I SEE ONE in dire grave danger on this site .     They are trying to justify themselves by the law

AND ITS VERY EVIDENT , cause they even said THEY HAVE A FEW MORE THINGS to work out before being obedient to TORAH .

IN CHRIST the law has already been put on our heart .   WE live BY THE SPIRIT , we walk BY THE SPIRIT ,  but if we ever look to the law to be justified

YE HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE .       AND SINCE WE ONLY SAVED BY GRACE ,  this means YA AINT SAVED .     BETTER POINT TO JESUS or risk it all .

BETTER POINT to JESUS or be prepared to hear , I NEVER KNEW YOU ,  you who thought you could be justified by the law and not rather BY FAITH in the ONE WHO FULLFILLED ALL

CHRIST THE KING of kings and LORD of LORDS .    Folks ,  we better realize we got one among us that is in dire and grave danger for he stands and works tobe JUSTIIFIED by the law

AND THE LAW can only condmen .    FOR ALL MEN HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT .      STAND justified on the law ,   YOU stand CONVICTED BY THE LAW as THIS , a TRANSGRESSOR.

THIS IS far more serious a matter than some may realize .  I warn us all, this man is in dire danger .    Now by grace we don't MAKE VOID the law

no , its established on our hearts , we simply walk IN THE SPIRIT and heed not the flesh .   

You can only be freed from Torah if you are freed from your sinful nature, because the Torah no longer has power over you, since you have been freed from that which the Torah reveals, sin. This is only possible if you receive the airflow of God, which frees you from your sinful nature, and perfects you, which is when you begin to walk according to the airflow, and not according to the desires of your body, "the flesh". And even when you are freed from sin, and walk according to the airflow of God, you end up obeying Torah, even though you are no longer under it, because freedom from sin also means obedience to Torah.

Edited by alchristfollower
  • Praying! 1

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see, you don't seem to comprehend the imputed righteousness of Christ. As Christians we are robed (covered) in the Righteousness of Jesus Chrisst which is far better than your 'almost perfect obedience'. Otherwise He is working in us both to will and do of His good pleasure.

Imputed righteousness means that you are made righteous by the airflow of God, through belief in the Messiah, when he enters your body and frees you from the sinful nature, hence "imputed righteousness". It never means you believe in the Messiah, and then continue committing adultery, and you are called "righteous", for in that case you are not righteous, no matter how much you believe. The righteousness of God always involves both belief and also works, which is why the belief of Abraham, through which righteousness was imputed to him, also came with works.

Edited by alchristfollower

1 minute ago, alchristfollower said:

You can only be freed from Torah is you are freed from your sinful nature, because the Torah no longer has power over you, sin you have been freed from that which the Torah reveals, sin. This is only possible if you receive the airflow of God, which frees you from your sinful nature, and perfects you, which is when you begin to walk according to the airflow, and not according to the desires of your body, "the flesh". And even when you are freed from sin, and walk according to the airflow of God, you end up obeying Torah, even though you are no longer under it, because the Torah is given to the lawless, not those who are righteous.

YOU MEAN HOLY SPIRIT .    yeah I heard this word air flow before , but cant quite remember who was teaching it .

ONLY CHRIST can set the captives free .     AND ITS PRECISELY WHAT HE CAME TO DO .      WE are servants to whom we obey and that will never change

EITHER we obey CHRIST , THE SPIRIT and by that power and abilty have a way out of EVERY TEMPTATION , or we serve the flesh .   THIER IS no middle ground .

THIS is why those who do err, must be corrected and fast .  But pard ,  I seen YOU SAY ,   with your own mouth , I GOT a few MORETHINGS

left to do .   YOU are seeking to be justified by torah , by the law , and yet DONT realize this .

JESUS CHRIST took our sins in his own body on the tree,     SO THAT WE BEING DEAD TO SIN SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.     NOW most folks don't teach that .

But ,   what I see you doing ,  is not pointing to Christ ,  you seeking to be justified by your actions , instead of SEEKING to be justified BY CHRSIT

WHO CHANGES OUR ACTIONS . 

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YOU MEAN HOLY SPIRIT .    yeah I heard this word air flow before , but cant quite remember who was teaching it .

ONLY CHRIST can set the captives free .     AND ITS PRECISELY WHAT HE CAME TO DO .      WE are servants to whom we obey and that will never change

EITHER we obey CHRIST , THE SPIRIT and by that power and abilty have a way out of EVERY TEMPTATION , or we serve the flesh .   THIER IS no middle ground .

THIS is why those who do err, must be corrected and fast .  But pard ,  I seen YOU SAY ,   with your own mouth , I GOT a few MORETHINGS

left to do .   YOU are seeking to be justified by torah , by the law , and yet DONT realize this .

JESUS CHRIST took our sins in his own body on the tree,     SO THAT WE BEING DEAD TO SIN SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.     NOW most folks don't teach that .

But ,   what I see you doing ,  is not pointing to Christ ,  you seeking to be justified by your actions , instead of SEEKING to be justified BY CHRSIT

WHO CHANGES OUR ACTIONS . 

If I were seeking to be made righteous by Torah, I wouldn't be speaking of the perfection that comes from the airflow of God, I would just be saying, "obey only the Torah" as the Jews say, but that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is "obey Torah", inclusive of doing the good works of the Torah, in conjunction with belief in the Messiah and his teachings, which say "lower yourself" by "selling your possessions and all your properties", to then receive the set-apart airflow, which will grant you a righteousness greater than you can achieve on your own, to perfectly obey Torah, because you have been set free from your sinful nature by receiving the set-apart airflow.

Just now, Yowm said:

No it does not. You are declared righteous (imputed ..not inputed) by faith in Jesus Christ and His atoning work. You are doing just as the Catholics do (hence the OP topic) and that is confusing our justification with our sanctification. Justification is a declared righteousness on the basis of an OUTWARD work of God in which we had nothing to do with. Sanctification is God a work of God WITHIN the believer where through His Word, Spirit and trials He molds us into a righteous vessel.

The airflow of God sets us apart on the inside, which happens the moment he cuts away the sinful nature, and in turn, makes us righteous, all through belief in the Messiah.