IGNORED

Would being Catholic keep one from being saved?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The Gospel 

is hidden from those that perish

If one tries to add ANYTHING to the finished work of Christ at the Cross ,

His atoning death has become of NO effect, those of you that pervert the Gospel of grace

Peter and Paul stated that they nor their fathers could follow the Law—— It was an impossible system, designed to lead us to Christ.After Jesus ascended to Heaven,He used Paul as His Spokesman.If Paul says it that means Jesus said it. You need to read his epistles . You appear to be stuck in an Old Testament world.....there is a much better  covenant just waiting for you. Jesus saves .Period. No “ buts “ attached.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

One of the reasons why Catholic religion keeps you from having a close relationship with God, is that Instead of talking to Him directly in order to confess and ask Him to forgive you for your sins, you ask a Priest to do it for you instead. The Holy Spirit cannot become part of us without a personal relationship with Him. And without the Holy Spirit guiding our lives we become guided by the world, left on our own, and therefore become part of the world.

The consequences of that life style can become missing out on the Kingdom of God.

Edited by Hall7
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Did you forget the verses that precede those you mashed together out of context?

"This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. " (1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:1-2NASB, emphasis mine)

And this is in the same book that you quoted; how is it that you forget this passage? You cannot claim "perfection" when God's own word declares that if we say we have no sin, we are calling God a liar. So with that stated, let's look at your passages again, this time, in context:

" Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother." (1 John 3:4-10, NASB, emphasis mine)

What you left out was the word "practices"; in Greek, the word used in sentence is poiōn, or, "to make a path". In this case, the person sinning is not just committing a sin, but making a "path" or habit out of it. They have not repented, but simply sought to remove the penalty for sin and continue on with their unregenerate lives. What you're trying to sell here is salvation via works,  and such a stance is not Scriptural.

(and yes Omega, this is on topic. You don't get to delete my post).

Let me requote,

NO ONE WHO ABIDES IN HIM SINS; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6)

WE KNOW THAT EVERYONE BORN OF GOD DOES NOT SIN; but the one engendered of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18)

WHOSEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOES NOT SIN; for his seed remaineth in him: AND HE CANNOT SIN, BECAUSE IS BORN OF GOD. (1 John 3:9)

No matter how much you try to twist these scriptures, there is absolutely no denying that the scriptures teach that men can completely stop sinning. It is called becoming set apart by the airflow of God, which perfects a man inwardly, and cuts away the sinful nature of the heart, and is the righteousness of God caused by his airflow. This is the truth of what the scriptures teach which I have been saying over and over again. If you do not reach a point in your lives where you completely rid yourselves of sin, then you cannot inherit the kingdom of God. What do you suppose the Feast of Unleavened Bread meant by getting rid of absolutely all yeast in the house to then participate in the feast? We are also told to become living sacrifices to God, are you not aware that all sacrifices to God must be perfect and without any blemishes? Or how about participating in the Passover, that no man can be unclean when he eats the Passover? You fool yourself into believing a lie that the Messiah died in order to forgive your continual sins, instead of believing the truth that he died to forgive your PAST sins and cause you to never sin again, just as it is written concerning his first coming,

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy set-apart city, TO FINISH TRANSGRESSION, AND TO MAKE AN END TO SIN, AND TO ATONE FOR INIQUITY, AND TO BRING IN AEONIAL RIGHTEOUSNESS, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most set-apart one. (Daniel 9:24)

Edited by alchristfollower

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Because you have ignored dozens of mine.

Ok let's take Rom 8:4

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
(Rom 8:1-5)

We uphold the law as we uphold  Christ by faith...not by works of the law. The law is now written on our hearts and is our delight but it does not justify us in God's sight.

We have died to the law that we may serve God through a new and living way Rom 7:4, you don't seem to want to acknowledge that fact.

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.
(Rom 7:4)

You just quoted a verse that says exactly what I said! You can only die to the Torah when you die to sin, "set you free in the Messiah Yeshuah from the Torah of sin and death" and "you have been set free from sin", which happens by the airflow of God, "For the Torah of the airflow of life has set you free", because the Torah has no power to set us free from sin, the airflow of God does! And by cutting away the sinful nature, then we become dead to sin, and subsequently become dead to Torah, because a Torah that reveals all that is sin no longer has a hold on a man that has been freed from sin and can no longer sin, and in this way, a man who receives the airflow of God is caused to obey Torah perfectly, which we were never able to do ourselves on our own without the airflow of God, "IN ORDER THAT THE RIGHTEOUS REQUIREMENT OF THE TORAH MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US... WHO WALK ACCORDING TO THE AIRFLOW". There is never a point where the Torah is discarded, the difference is that there is a righteousness caused by you while you still have your sinful nature, which still obeys Torah, and there is a righteousness caused by the airflow of God that releases you of your sinful nature, which still obeys Torah, but in a greater way. The latter is a superior righteousness than the former. As such, rather than understand these things, you people have gone in the complete other direction, by becoming LAW-LESS, thinking that becoming dead to Torah because of being set free from sin means "let us discard Torah!", when in fact the Messiah taught, "I did not come to abolish the Torah" and "until heaven and earth passes away not one jot or one tittle will pass from the Torah".

Edited by alchristfollower

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I volunteer  a vote .    Who votes sourjourner needs to change that picture .     It could scare a pit bull of a pork chop .    

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:
16 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I volunteer  a vote .    Who votes sourjourner needs to change that picture .     It could scare a pit bull of a pork chop .    

Sorry, but that is off topic... just ask Omegaman.

Actually, Omegaman agrees, no need to ask!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

13 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Well, with you, one never knows...

Not sure what you mean I have not read this whole thing but for me I find in my time here on Worthy that Omegaman makes his ideas/doctrine/positions  pretty clear.  

Edited by Frances

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

I am not a Catholic. I love Catholics as brothers. Do you love Catholics?