Sign in to follow this  
R. Hartono

Prophecy or imagination or illusion ?

Jeremiah 23:32 "Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD.

Zechariah 13:2 .... I will also remove the prophets and the unclean spirit from the land. 3. And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, 'You must die, because you have told lies in the LORD's name.' Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.

Youtube has been swarmed by people claiming to receive revelation from God, or is it just imagination or illusion ? These same people are making hundreds of 'prophetic' videos.

Edited by R. Hartono

On 10/27/2018 at 10:39 PM, R. Hartono said:
Jeremiah 23:32 "Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD.

Zechariah 13:2 .... I will also remove the prophets and the unclean spirit from the land. 3. And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them, 'You must die, because you have told lies in the LORD's name.' Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.

Youtube has been swarmed by people claiming to receive revelation from God, or is it just imagination or illusion ? These same people are making hundreds of 'prophetic' videos.

Depends.  I watched a number of them and typically I find that they are expressing what is going on for themselves internally, externally.

They perhaps are sensing a spiritual change happening and want to be involved, as well.

Hope springs eternal, I suppose, that they become prophets as well.  But if you find any real prophets , I could name a few I see as such, you will find a life full of many hardships, as following close to Jesus requires.

Perhaps something they do not wish.

Edited by eileenhat

On 10/28/2018 at 12:39 AM, R. Hartono said:

New Testament prophets are not held to the same standard as Old Testament prophets.

Paul wrote that we all can prophecy "one by one" and when one prophecies the rest judge.  Because so many are giving prophecies, there is a lot to judge.  I have had personal prophecies in my one life and family - and it was as if the one prophesying knew more about me than I did! It was supernatural. It was God.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:27 AM, eileenhat said:

Depends.  I watched a number of them and typically I find that they are expressing what is going on for themselves internally, externally.

They perhaps are sensing a spiritual change happening and want to be involved, as well.

Hope springs eternal, I suppose, they that become prophets as well.  But if you find any real prophets , I could name a few I see as such, you will find a life full of many hardships, as following close to Jesus requires.

Perhaps something they do not wish.

Good post, Eileen

6 hours ago, iamlamad said:

New Testament prophets are not held to the same standard as Old Testament prophets.

The standard is the same :

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22).

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The standard is the same :

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22).

This may be a part of the truth. Prophecy today comes by and through faith and when people begin, they have little faith to prophecy, and it may be they are not hearing accurately and/or mixing some of their own feelings or knowledge in with what they heard.  That is why Paul said "let the others judge."  Then again, Paul said, "for you all may prophesy." That was not so back then. Today any believer who has not bypassed Acts 1 and 2 in their Christian walk, can prophecy. Paul said it and I believe it. 

Did Jonah's message come to pass:  "Yet 40 days...." and God was going to destroy Ninevah!  But they repented and so God repented. A prophecy may well be exactly what God said - but people responded to the prophecy.

Have you ever given an prophecy or had a prophecy spoken over you?  How much experience do you have with New Testament prophecy?

Sign in to follow this