Sign in to follow this  
maryjayne

Jesus has already come? Second Coming

I am sure this must have been covered somewhere, but i havent worked out how to search this site.

Today, I heard someone say that the Second coming has already happened. That the disciples etc were wrong to look for Him coming in the flesh, that he came as the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (yep, I know that bit is wrong), and that we have been living in the last Days since Jesus died.

He was a retired preacher. Who doesnt believe the bible is literal, and that we should interpret the bible according to modern views and in the light of history moving on and changing our views on things (a common belief in the Church of England/Wales)

I dont know enough, or where to look to refute this, but it doesnt seem correct to me, but I could be wrong : (

any pointers on where to do my research on this one in reputable places please?

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

doesnt believe the bible is literal

Hi, I guess that is the crux of the issue right there. 

Either the Bible contains truth, or it is just  a book of fables. To the world, the entire world of unsaved individuals, it is a book of fables at best.

Entire religious "Sects" claiming to be Christian deny the literal accuracy of the Bible by declaring the entirety of the Old Testament as being allegorical; but what did Jesus do and what did Jesus say?

What was the Bible that Jesus read, quoted and taught from? Did Jesus mention Jonah as being a mythical character or did he declare that the only sign that He Jesus would give to the world was the sign of Jonah? Did Jesus mean He would only give a mythical sign as to His own  legitimacy as the Son of God?

‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as pdoctrines the commandments of men.’ ” - Jesus.    Our Lord Jesus further said, "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

From which I take it that it is not necessary , nor even all that desirable that  every foolish one's teaching be refuted, but instead the word of God our Lord Jesus be read prayed over learned and then applied in our life.

The many minions of satan doing their ministry of distraction will rant against our Lord Jesus with their diversions and strange and obtuse questions. It is not necessary to go down every rabbit warren to see the rabbit hole from the inside out.

p.s. A good short book of the subject comes from  Thomas S. McCall and  Zola Levitt "The Bible Jesus Read" and is still available on Amazon, Kindle,  and I suspect at Zola Levitt Ministries website book store.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

It is not necessary to go down every rabbit warren to see the rabbit hole from the inside out.

wise words. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

This is part of the theology ecumenism is riding on. NT Wright is the third highest ranking Anglican and is held in academia as a leading New Testament scholar of our day. He throws around words like gnostic and platonic to sound biblical while he travels down the gnostic road to apostasy. Many churches are becoming hooked on this scholarship academia garbage when all it is is a push for a Sanhedrin that will be the scriptural oversight of the future apostate church which Anglicanism is using and manoeuvring within to support its' dead and apostate organisation.

Neighbour is right to exhort you into sound doctrine. Your discernment is fine, the Holy Spirit showed you something is wrong. Keep praying and seeking truth through the reading and study of the scriptures. Paul in Philippians 1:9 wrote, "May your love abound more and more in real knowledge and all discernment." You're doing well, the Lord wants us to be critical and growing in the knowledge of Him. We live in darkening times and be of good cheer because Jesus found you.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, Zemke said:

This is part of the theology ecumenism is riding on. NT Wright is the third highest ranking Anglican and is held in academia as a leading New Testament scholar of our day. He throws around words like gnostic and platonic to sound biblical while he travels down the gnostic road to apostasy. Many churches are becoming hooked on this scholarship academia garbage when all it is is a push for a Sanhedrin that will be the scriptural oversight of the future apostate church which Anglicanism is using and manoeuvring within to support its' dead and apostate organisation.

Neighbour is right to exhort you into sound doctrine. Your discernment is fine, the Holy Spirit showed you something is wrong. Keep praying and seeking truth through the reading and study of the scriptures. Paul in Philippians 1:9 wrote, "May your love abound more and more in real knowledge and all discernment." You're doing well, the Lord wants us to be critical and growing in the knowledge of Him. We live in darkening times and be of good cheer because Jesus found you.  

Yep this preterism gnostic and platonic falsehoods are and will lead all right into the ecumenical bull that will in time gather every religion , and non religious through its pc

inclusive diversity world peace message .    AND so who is it leading too .  THE ONE Who will sit over the whole world and destroy by PEACE .     it describes him in Daniel.

And in the latter times of their kingdom , WHEN the transgressors have come to THE FULL , and woe it is ,  then stands a dark king

and how does he destroy ............THROUGH PEACE .     A monster delusion has began and it wll get only worse in delusion , till all not in the lambs book of life

have found themselves gathering into one common mindset ,  world peace and unity AT ALL COSTS and they will HEEED this dark kings solution .  ITS FINAL SOLUTOIN .

RID all haters off the earth .   the thing is ,  WE will be seen AS the haters cause we didn't go all lovey lovey into one big mixed religion and all inclusive mindset .

• Thumbs Up 1

Every eye shall see Jesus when He appears.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, maryjayne said:

I am sure this must have been covered somewhere, but i havent worked out how to search this site.

Today, I heard someone say that the Second coming has already happened. That the disciples etc were wrong to look for Him coming in the flesh, that he came as the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (yep, I know that bit is wrong), and that we have been living in the last Days since Jesus died.

He was a retired preacher. Who doesnt believe the bible is literal, and that we should interpret the bible according to modern views and in the light of history moving on and changing our views on things (a common belief in the Church of England/Wales)

I dont know enough, or where to look to refute this, but it doesnt seem correct to me, but I could be wrong : (

Some misled people imagine Jesus came in 70 AD when Israel was destroyed and the people scattered to the four winds. 

The truth is, His NEXT coming will be His second, when He comes FOR His church. He will come pretrib - before the 7 years of Daniel's 70th week. 

His bride will get to spend the 7 years of judgment and wrath in heaven, but those left behind will find life impossible. it is VERY likely millions will be beheaded.

Finally, after the 70th week, Jesus will return to earth, and touch down. This will be His THIRD coming. But it seems many are scared to say that. You can read about in in Rev. 19.

You can read about His second coming, FOR His saints, in 1 thes. 4 & 5.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, maryjayne said:

The end time position you are describing is not a new one, the name for it is preterism, it use to be much more popular than it is today.  The best refutation is simply to know what the scriptures say in regards to the end of days.  What we know scripture says, is that Jesus will rule  ( a period you have most likely heard referred to as the Millennial kingdom), so the idea that we are currently residing under His rule is absurd beyond all imagination.  Another fact from scripture, is that the mountains will crumble, and the islands will flee.  Clearly we still live on a planet with both of those things still intact.  The list goes on and on, but you get the picture.  The reason it doesn't seem correct to you, is because it is not.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2018 at 5:58 AM, maryjayne said:

Jesus stated that there would be a sign of his coming, the sign of Jonah.  That occurred last year, when the eclipse that crossed the entire USA came.  A very big deal.  I had a relative travel to witness it even.  Right after that date, the star sign of the woman crowned with 12 stars appeared in the Heavens (many videos already about this Sept. 23rd, 2017 sign).  What more do we need?  God waving a big flag in our faces?  Oh yeah, got that too, with 'Trump'. as in the last Trump of 1 Corinth. 15:52.

But of course, we want dates and times.  Gave that as well here prior.  Take the date that the Saints resurrectd (as you might have read, Rev. 20:4 states that the saint's 'souls' resurrect, ie. not their original bodies, so a supernatural event that was not visible to the eye, but was witnessed by the two witnesses of Rev. 11/Zechariah 5), occurred Oct. 31st., 2015. 

You get that date by taking the date of the Beast out of the Sea rising (after it's head, Roosevelt falls and is replaced) which is the UN, Oct. 24th, 1945.  We know 70 weeks, or as it is translated correctly, 70 years have to pass, plus add 7 days (because it took God 7 days to create the earth) and you get, Oct. 31st. 2015.

Use a date calculator and work this out for yourself.

All adds up.  Have more dates.  Just noted some obvious ones here.

• Oy Vey! 1

On 10/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, maryjayne said:

No matter what people say, let no one convince that this is true.

Rev 1:4  John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 
Rev 1:5  and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 
Rev 1:6  and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 
Rev 1:7  Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 

There are many more verses on this, but this is a good place to start. You will encounter all sorts of people who make these claims from many positions (preterism being one of the primary ones, as Wing mentioned above). Jesus Himself said this.

Mat 26:64  Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Always appeal to the scriptures and when people try to "interpret the scriptures" in a way that is 100 percent blatantly counter to what they actually say, then I would say flee from such teaching as fast as you possibly can.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this