Scott Free

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Look more carefully at the narrative. There is a Great City with a harbor that is between by two rivers. It has a large consumer based economy that is dependent of maritime trade. It is a melting pot of all peoples and tongues. It has a kingdom over all the kings of the earth, the UN. It defeats and dominates the Dragon, WWII. The list goes on. When New York is placed up to the prophecy everything lines up perfectly with no contradiction. This can not be said of Rome, Vatican City, Jerusalem, Iraq or a mysterious False Religion.

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

description could fit several cities throughout the world

Name one other city that fits.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Scott Free said:

Look more carefully at the narrative. There is a Great City with a harbor that is between by two rivers. It has a large consumer based economy that is dependent of maritime trade. It is a melting pot of all peoples and tongues. It has a kingdom over all the kings of the earth, the UN. It defeats and dominates the Dragon, WWII. The list goes on. When New York is placed up to the prophecy everything lines up perfectly with no contradiction. This can not be said of Rome, Vatican City, Jerusalem, Iraq or a mysterious False Religion.

I tend to agree with this.  I think that NYC is the earthly manifestation of the great whore, the great whore being the influence of spiritual wickedness in high places on the human race.  It's the "seen" volcano that spews the hidden magma.

I think the most telling aspect of the narrative is that it is the city that reigns over the kings of the earth.  With the UN being the fulfillment of the feet of iron and clay world kingdom, and the UN being headquartered in NYC, it all fits.

6 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

earthly manifestation of the great whore

Remember the principle she represents is removed from the earth with her destruction. Even the angels rejoice at her demise as if it was a complete finality.

2 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Remember the principle she represents is removed from the earth with her destruction. Even the angels rejoice at her demise as if it was a complete finality.

Yes, the casting down of spiritual Babylon, the kingdom of Satan is a complete finality.  As I see it, the casting down of the city takes place at the second seal, and is actually the impetus for the wars and rumors of war.  Casting down Satan's kingdom occurs when Jesus returns.  There is a natural and a spiritual "Babylon."  The natural is spawned from the spiritual.

53 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

casting down of spiritual Babylon

The Bible makes no reference to the Great Whore as a heavenly entity. It is presented as a political force that defeats and suppresses the Dragon in a very earthly sense. Her destruction allows the 10 nations to have undisputed power over the earth. And, the 10 nations rule for an undisclosed amount of time before the assassination of the Antichrist that starts the 1335 days. The Whore is long gone by then.

Edited by Scott Free

1 minute ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

All things written above are not true and have nothing to do with is written in Scriptures.  The Great Whore has "upon her forehead a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth and she is drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.  I ask to you and all:  Where does the NYC is "drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus"? 

JESUS, through His angel sent to the Churches, revealed unto us "the mystery of the Great Whore and of the Beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns".    -->>  Where are the 7 heads and 10 horns of the NY City that you say to be the Great Whore, erroneously? And who is the Beast that carries her?  Will be he Mr. Trump?  Of course he is not the Beast, but he is incarnating him that rides upon the red Horse of Apocalypse,  to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: unto him was given a great sword.   (sword signifies evil word)

Who are the Beast and  What are the 7 heads and 10 horns of him? Knowing that the 7 heads are seven hills on which the woman sitteth. And the 7 heads are also 7 kings, understand? Who are the seven kings? Five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.  Explain to us who are them, if the NYC is the Great Whore.  

You cannot make such association but by the lie.

It all makes sense when, and only when, you realize that there is a spiritual and a natural aspect to Mystery Babylon.  Spiritual Babylon is the influence of Satan's kingdom on mankind.  It is the destroying mountain (kingdom) that destroys the whole earth.

• “Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, who destroys the whole earth,” declares the Lord, “And I will stretch out My hand against you, and roll you down from the crags, and I will make you a burnt out mountain."  Jeremiah 51:25

The natural aspect of Babylon is that population center that embodies the evil of spiritual Babylon.  There have been several "Babylons" since the first one.

6 minutes ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

7 heads are also 7 kings

This is my opinion on how to interpret this. 5 were, 1 is and 1 is yet to come. (Rev 17:10) This scripture is from the point of view of the Whore and is putting her in historical context.
Daniels Statue ties into the seven hills of the Whore and the seven headed dragon.
1)Babylon 
2)Persia 
3)Greece
4)Rome
5)Two divisions of Rome - Holy Rome and Byzantine who later became Russia.
6)Iron and clay - this is post WW I and II in Europe and Middle East. The defeat of emperors and the establishment of statehood.
7)10 member group, with 3 to have undisputed global dominance.

3 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The Bible makes no reference to the Great Whore as a heavenly entity.

Then how do you reconcile this?

• And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.”  Revelation 18:24

If it's not a spiritual entity then how is it possible for the blood of all who have been slain on the earth to be ascribed to NYC? 

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5

And how can NYC be considered the mother of harlots and abominations?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I take the Book of Daniel and Revelation in context. That is; the who, what, where, when and why's. The purpose of the Book of Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus Christ, the call for national spiritual repentance of the nation of Israel and for the end of Gentile rule. The center and focus is on Israel and the 70th week of Daniel, the time of Jacob's trouble. In other words; its focus is on that Continent; Europe, the Middle East and Israel in particular. 

Does it stand to reason that the Bible was divinely inspired and written so that their generation, and all future generations could read and understand it? Does it stand to reason that the Apostles in general, and the Apostle John in particular would use code words in place of "Rome"? If disparaging or criticizing words or writings of Rome or Roman's were discovered; they would have been imprisoned or put to death. Therefore; it's my belief "Mystery Babylon" is an actual city, Rome in general and the Vatican RCC in particular. As a matter of fact, the Vatican is its own country and has a seat at the U.N.

I could go into the details, but Revelation 17: is a perfect match for the Vatican; their past and current history, their excessive wealth and global holdings, influence over global kings historically to present, even the color of their priestly garments, sitting on seven hills, etc. I believe we could even identify "Mystery Babylon" as a system.

Anyway, right or wrong that's my long held view