• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

You cannot make such association but by the lie. 

Why is it that when there's a disagreement, one or the other person is accused of "lying?"  Why can't we just be discussing things how we see them without such accusations?  I don't see any intent to deceive.  Lying speaks to motive so be careful.  You can disagree all you want but speaking to someone's motive takes it to a different level.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,456
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Then how do you reconcile this?

• And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.”  Revelation 18:24

If it's not a spiritual entity then how is it possible for the blood of all who have been slain on the earth to be ascribed to NYC? 

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5

And how can NYC be considered the mother of harlots and abominations?

It's a historical fact In the history of the RCC, they have martyred and murdered more Saints than Islam has even dreamed about. According to my interpretation of Revelation, I believe in the end-times that's going to repeat.

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Does it stand to reason that the Bible was divinely inspired and written so that their generation, and all future generations could read and understand it? Does it stand to reason that the Apostles in general, and the Apostle John in particular would use code words in place of "Rome"? If disparaging or criticizing words or writings of Rome or Roman's were discovered; they would have been imprisoned or put to death. Therefore; it's my belief "Mystery Babylon" is an actual city, Rome in general and the Vatican RCC in particular. As a matter of fact, the Vatican is its own country and has a seat at the U.N.

I don't disagree with Rome being the natural manifestation of "Babylon" in the first century.  I'm not so sure that the title still holds true today though.  I guess we'll only know for sure when we see how things play out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

mother of harlots and abominations

Yes, the US prostitutes herself out to all the nations, this is well established. Also, New York and her sister Hollywood are polluting the world with their lust and sensuality. Thus being an abomination upon the earth. Revelation 18:24 is a very good point. It does not say she was around that long, only she has inherited the focus of this displeasure from God. Remember, the 246 years of cruel slavery New York merchants imposed upon the world so the Colonies could have more luxury goods from Europe. Not to mention genocide of the Native Americans.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,456
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I don't disagree with Rome being the natural manifestation of "Babylon" in the first century.  I'm not so sure that the title still holds true today though.  I guess we'll only know for sure when we see how things play out.

Well, let's look at some facts and influence.

In living memory, whom is one of the fist people a U.S. President, world leader visits shortly after taking office, and what do you suppose they talk about [the Pope]?

Name a couple of countries that doesn't have massive amounts of RCC cathedrals / churches?

Whom did Rome [the Vatican] side with during WW II, and what actions did they take or not take? 

The Vatican has massive holdings and control in Jerusalem few know about. Since the 4th century their wealth, holdings, influence and church-state ideology continues to grow.  They are the worlds largest religious organization closely followed by Islam. 

Just my thoughts anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, let's look at some facts and influence.

In living memory, whom is one of the fist people a U.S. President, world leader visits shortly after taking office, and what do you suppose they talk about [the Pope]?

Name a couple of countries that doesn't have massive amounts of RCC cathedrals / churches?

Whom did Rome [the Vatican] side with during WW II, and what actions did they take or not take? 

The Vatican has massive holdings and control in Jerusalem few know about. Since the 4th century their wealth, holdings, influence and church-state ideology continues to grow.  They are the worlds largest religious organization closely followed by Islam. 

Just my thoughts anyway.

I understand that, Dennis.  I just see the RCC as a portion of what makes up Babylon, and not the whole.

12 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Yes, the US prostitutes herself out to all the nations, this is well established. Also, New York and her sister Hollywood are polluting the world with their lust and sensuality. Thus being an abomination upon the earth. Revelation 18:24 is a very good point. It does not say she was around that long, only she has inherited the focus of this displeasure from God. Remember, the 246 years of cruel slavery New York merchants imposed upon the world so the Colonies could have more luxury goods from Europe. Not to mention genocide of the Native Americans.  

Where did unfaithfulness begin?  In the garden of Eden.  Who was responsible?  Satan.

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The Vatican has massive holdings

This idea of Vatican City or Rome being the Whore becomes invalid when considering all the prophecies as a whole. Examples: Where is the large harbor between two rivers? Where is the kingdom over all the kings of the earth? Where is the immoral pollution really coming from? Where is their military defeat of the Dragon? Where is their dominance over Europe and the Middle East?

Edited by Scott Free

37 minutes ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Satan was cursed by God because of this thing you are doing in this Christian site or Christian forum.

I humbly bow my knee to the only unique Son of God our Lord Jesus Christ, my savior, my love, my God. If you really want to understand what the sin of Satan looks like go to: Maitreya .org

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 10/29/2018 at 7:46 AM, Scott Free said:

Look more carefully at the narrative. There is a Great City with a harbor that is between by two rivers. It has a large consumer based economy that is dependent of maritime trade. It is a melting pot of all peoples and tongues. It has a kingdom over all the kings of the earth, the UN. It defeats and dominates the Dragon, WWII. The list goes on. When New York is placed up to the prophecy everything lines up perfectly with no contradiction. This can not be said of Rome, Vatican City, Jerusalem, Iraq or a mysterious False Religion.

I'm going to review this thread and there's a LOT of personal ATTACKS that need to CEASE in this thread.  Scott Free is entitled to his opinion and as such he is a brother in the Lord and shouldn't be slammed as he was -- I'm removing all the comments from this thread that are personal and attacking his character as this is a DEBATE about whether or not New York could be Babylon.

As far as your comment Scott Free, personally I see several areas that DON'T fit into the narrative.  First it is a city on 7 hills.  And secondly, it has to be responsible for the blood of the saints.  And finally, it says in Rev 18:24 -- in her was found the blood of the "prophets" which seems to indicate an ancient origin.

But please don't be taken back from some of the personal attacks made against you and PLEASE report them so that we may deal with them!

God bless,

George