• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George said:

city on 7 hills

Thank you, I enjoy having opponents it helps promote my opinion. And the seven hills are seven kings. I use the term king the same way Daniels prophecies of the kings of the north and south are used. That is, the singular noun of king was used to express a succession of rulers.

I believe N.Y.C./U.N. became the spiritual successor of Western Rome after WWII. This also accounts for her inheritance of past crimes.

"What is remarkable about the contemporary era is that one country – the United States – is far more influential in this regard than any other. The US has a unique potential to shape both the rules and regulations that govern the increasingly interconnected international system, and the behaviour of the other states and nonstate actors that effectively constitute it. Consequently, in an era of ‘unipolarity’, America’s foreign and domestic policies have assumed an unprecedented prominence in the affairs of other nations and regions as they seek to accommodate, and where possible benefit from, the evolution of American hegemony." - Mark Beeson, University of Queensland

• Group:  Diamond Member

I just wanted you to see what a real false prophet is, and not condemn Christians who disagree with your interpretation of the Revelation of Jesus Christ or their narrative of prophetic events as they unfold in real time. There is no comparison to be made. God has made me a nobody and has forced me into the lowest station in society. In this I rejoice with thankfulness daily, that Jesus has made Himself the greatest aspect of my life.   

Edited by Scott Free

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

It's also a possilbility this city may not yet exist, at least not in the form described in scripture. Some of the details about the city may only manifest after world conditions exist allowing complete fulfillment.

What strikes me about the city is ALL the merchants who trade by sea lament her destruction as there is no one to buy their goods. 

No such single city exists today. The top 10 ports in the world are predominantly in China, but that doesn't fit other aspects of the prophecy, in my mind. 

We may be looking for a Red Sea port, or one in the Mediterranean. 

On 10/31/2018 at 9:21 AM, Scott Free said:

Thank you, I enjoy having opponents it helps promote my opinion. And the seven hills are seven kings. I use the term king the same way Daniels prophecies of the kings of the north and south are used. That is, the singular noun of king was used to express a succession of rulers.

I believe N.Y.C./U.N. became the spiritual successor of Western Rome after WWII. This also accounts for her inheritance of past crimes.

"What is remarkable about the contemporary era is that one country – the United States – is far more influential in this regard than any other. The US has a unique potential to shape both the rules and regulations that govern the increasingly interconnected international system, and the behaviour of the other states and nonstate actors that effectively constitute it. Consequently, in an era of ‘unipolarity’, America’s foreign and domestic policies have assumed an unprecedented prominence in the affairs of other nations and regions as they seek to accommodate, and where possible benefit from, the evolution of American hegemony." - Mark Beeson, University of Queensland

Are you thinking the city is actually a country?

21 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Are you thinking the city is actually a country?

Yes, we no longer have city states. Large cities in modern times support and identify with a larger national economic system.

5 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Yes, we no longer have city states. Large cities in modern times support and identify with a larger national economic system.

I suppose that has never occurred in history before this 'modern age'. 

Babylon must not have identified with a larger economic system, during the Persian reign especially.

Sometimes...

46 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I suppose that has never occurred in history before this 'modern age'. 

Babylon must not have identified with a larger economic system, during the Persian reign especially.

Sometimes...

Yes, you are correct the city-state approach to the debate holds no water. Let me try again. I think the Whore as a mercantile coastal city represents a larger governing body in that she has dominance over the Dragon and this can only be practical through large scale military operations and global influence over the policies of other nations.

8 hours ago, Scott Free said:

I think the Whore as a mercantile coastal city 

Yes! But which city?

I have looked at the busiest ports  and of the top 10, 8 are Chinese. Dubai is #9. New York port is about 1/7 as busy as the port of Shanghai. I find this most interesting as scripture has a focus on a vast, unprecedented condition of trade when the great city is laid waste.

"  And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What [city is] like unto this great city! And they cast dust on their heads, and cried,weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness!for in one hour is she made desolate."

The highlighted terms mean 'all' or 'every'. How would this be possible? 

Ningbo handled about 900,000,000 metric tonnes of cargo in 2015.  The estimate in 2017 of all container cargo by weight is 183 billion tonnes, 200 times more than the busiest port can process in a year.

If we look at the top Chinese ports, they handle 3.25 billion tonnes a year, still 56 times less than 'all' or 'every'.

I don't think this 'great city' is one that exists today. Or if it does it's a secret.

It's stunning really, ALL sea trade consolidated into a single port? It's mind boggling, ludicrous really. I believe for this city to exist as THE central hub of ALL trade, it will have to be forced by fiat.  That makes sense to me as during this time only those who bear the mark will be able to buy and sell. It will be mandatory to bring the goods to a central processing location. Just imagine the iron fisted control to make this a reality. It's no wonder Jesus said this would be a time like no other ever before, and never again.

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Yes! But which city?

I have looked at the busiest ports  and of the top 10, 8 are Chinese. Dubai is #9. New York port is about 1/7 as busy as the port of Shanghai. I find this most interesting as scripture has a focus on a vast, unprecedented condition of trade when the great city is laid waste.

There is only one city that has large harbors and is between two rivers. One city with a kingdom over all kings. One city that pollutes the world with the passion of immorality. One city that has the greatest consumer based economy which causes the merchants of the world to grow wealthy from her through the extravagance of her luxury.

36 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

There is only one city that has large harbors and is between two rivers. One city with a kingdom over all kings. One city that pollutes the world with the passion of immorality. One city that has the greatest consumer based economy which causes the merchants of the world to grow wealthy from her through the extravagance of her luxury.

I know you have this NY thing on your mind. But what about the several cities that fit your description? And where do you get the two rivers? I am not aware of this as scriptural criteria.

Edited by Diaste