• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, other one said:

I got entangled with them in a deep study of the occult and one night in the shower while being made some really good offers the Holy Spirit stepped in and stopped it all just like that.   Told them that they could not have me that I was Gods....  it was only then that I realized what I had gotten myself into and truly who they were.....  I've been a believer all my life, but I had not really let the Lord be my Lord until that night.   I am his to do whatever he wishes to do with me.

So short story is that I didn't get myself out of it, the Holy Spirit did.

I would just say though that if she's not a believer she's in serious spiritual trouble...   while you should not have a close relationship with someone doing what she's doing for you don't want to expose yourself to what she'd dealing with, you probably shouldn't just dump her as an acquaintance for she may well really need your help if you are a strong believer....   I know she needs your prayers.

Wow, so glad the H Spirit pulled you out from that deception. I feel similar. Like He has just stepped in now, and shown me this, and that this came to light at a time in my life where I am ready to fully trust Him more than I ever could have prior. 

Regarding my friend I feel that I am going to have to be honest about not being able to pray with her any further; and why. Telling her that may have the effect of her dumping me. But I also feel I must be cautious as I won't know if its her responding or some spirit she has let in. Thanks for all you've shared! It's been very helpful.

21 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

You should just inform her that the breaking of God's Law at Deuteronomy 18:9-14 will result in the sinner/evildoer being cursed by God with a speech and/or hearing disorder.(Mark 7:32) Christians should also avoid consulting false prophets like psychics, fortune-tellers, horoscope, etc.

Then, you should be guided by 1Corinthians 5:1-13 and Matthew 18:15-17 and 1John 5:16-17 on how to deal with the Christian sinner.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I will be in prayer about whether or not her seeking guidance from a dead father falls under a 'sin that leads to death' (1 John 5:16-17). 

Love the ending of 1 John (5:21) "Dear children, keep yourself from idols."

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Welcome to Worthy, LynnJames.  I have a best friend for over 60 years that I have recently learned prays and communicates with her dead mother.  She does not believe the Scriptures and cannot even say the words "Jesus is Lord".  I keep telling her that praying to her mother is praying to evil spirits but it goes in one ear and out the other.  She calls me long distance about twice a week and talks for hours.  She knows what I believe and I keep confronting her as the opportunity opens up.  But I do urge you to stop praying with her and do tell her why. You can do it by email or text. 

Deu 18:9  ESV "When you come into the land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations.

Deu 18:10  There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Deu 18:11  or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,

Deu 18:12  for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.

Ok, thank you so much Willa for sharing. This is very helpful. I have come to the conclusion that I do need to tell her why I am not going to be able to keep praying with her. Depending on her reaction I may be able to gauge whether or not to stay in relationship (a cautious relationship).