angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

You're right angels, we don't ever hear sermons about this topic. I guess it's too basic? :34: Not flashy enough for the pulpit?

It's a good question.

:ph34r:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

I love when Paul breaks out in prayers of worship for Jesus in his letters. It happens several times and one of my favorites is in Ephesians 3.

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

To know Him is to love Him. To know Him more is to love Him more. How much do I love Jesus? Not nearly enough.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Guest HisPassion
To know Him is to love Him. To know Him more is to love Him more.

Yes, the more I KNOW Him, the more I have to love Him. And the more I know Him the more of Himself He reveals to me and demonstrate His love for me.

I agree that I don't love Him nearly enough. But I am ever striving to tell Him and show Him that I do love Him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I struggle with this question myself.

I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus. It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

The whole of Christ's dealings with the children of men was throughout a giving and a taking, a wondrous exchange, such as it could only have entered into the heart of God to conceive. He everywhere taking from us whatever was poorest, meanest, saddest, most painful, most ignominious, and giving to us what was highest, noblest, choicest, best and most glorious; taking earth and giving heaven, taking our poverty and giving to us His riches. But this is not all; taking our shame and giving to us His glory, taking our cross and giving to us His crown, taking our sin and giving to us His righteousness, taking our curse and giving to us His blessing, taking our death and giving to us His life.

Gerioke...only think on these things.

Father in heaven, wean us from the things of the world, gently, in Your mercy until all we see is Your precious Son!

I just wrote a long letter and the computer froze :rofl:

John, you said it right :we do have to wean ourself from this world.

But can we?

Can I ever love Jesus with the same love He loves me?

Can I leave everything behind and lose all my possesions?

Would my love be strong enough?

How about all the Christians who are persecuted for their believe in Jesus.

Would we stand strong?

Jesus love for us is deeper then the deepest sea.

I love Jesus, but how much do I love Him??????

Self tries to take a good part , do I surrender all the time?

Do you?

I believe the Holy Spirit will help me to be strong in my faith.

I stand on the love Jesus has for me , but do I give Him all of me?

Do you??

Would we be able to express in words and actions how much we love Jesus?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

I love Jesus way more than I love myself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself  because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love..........a very used or sometimes abused word.....The Love of Jesus is beyond our finite understanding...yes the love of God for me,you,the lost humanity...wow...

we say I love you,we sing about it.....we write about it...love,lovely,loveable,lovong,beloved ,....but we tend to love someone or something that we like,that satisfies us,our love is not unconditional,actually really is conditional and conditioned.....His love for us is unconditional....I mean can you love a criminal that slaughtered millions of people like Hitler did? if you say yes I don't believe you.....but Hitler was included in the lost humanity for which Jesus died..on that horrible cross.....wow..it blows me...

Yes,I love Jesus cause He loved me first..but do I love Him enough? like He loved me and loves me?

I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....it is tough Angels....tough stuff....well,you know what? I leave to Him to judge if I love Him truly and I know that if I am lacking ( for sure I am,I know) He will help me,while we wlk together hand in hand ,His hand holding mine,He will increase my love for Him,

so I trust :blink:

I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....

I can tell JC that you know what I mean of the dept of the love for Jesus I'm talking about and I agree with you that our love is too conditional.

We just can't love Him like He loves us.

I don't mean to be judgemental about it but its just interesting to ask ourself that question. :sleep2:

Angels