• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I struggle with this question myself.

I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus.  It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt 25:31-26:1

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." 

NASB

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Other One: how do you practish your love for Jesus in your everyday life....how much do you love Him?

So often we don't realize how big Jesus loves is for us........its so deep and hard to understand the debt of it.

How often do you do your way instead of Jesus way?

I know what the Bible said in Matthew, but I'm also interested in how much we love Jesus in our everyday life.

Gerioke said:

It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

We need to work on our love for Jesus as we need to work on our relation with our husband/wife and friends, if we don't work on it, our love cools down and disappears.....the closer we come to Jesus and the more we get to know Him the more we can love Him.

But we will never love Him as much as we should as long as we are on this earth.

Some people's love comes by feelings and they look ecstatic when they feel good, the love I'm talking about comes from in the inside----deeper :wub:

This loves can only grow if we grow closer to Jesus and realize how much He loved us....He died for us, would we give our life for somebody else??

Angels :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Kahlan

This life is so often so hard and difficult and we go through so many experiences where we feel so unappreciated and unloved ourself.

I remember when I just met Jesus I could shout it of the roofs and was soooo exited--I couldn't understand why other people didn't feel the way I felt.

Over time the exitment seems to be gone and replaced for a deeper knowledge that Jesus LOVES me very much and I have disappointed Him so much by not trusting Him enough.

Sometimes its hard to feel that love because of the world we live in when everything around us is so hard to take. (feelings change but Jesus will never change so I stand on His word instead.

We just have to go by His word and not let circumstances bring us down and that is not easy to do, but God knows our struggles and is with us to help us to get through this life until we reach the other side :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself  because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Him enough to trust Him with my soul.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Other One: how do you practish your love for Jesus in your everyday life....how much do you love Him?

So often we don't realize how big Jesus loves is for us........its so deep and hard to understand the debt of it.

How often do you do your way instead of Jesus way?

I know what the Bible said in Matthew, but I'm also interested in how much we love Jesus in our everyday life.

Gerioke said:

It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

We need to work on our love for Jesus as we need to work on our relation with our husband/wife and friends, if we don't work on it, our love cools down and disappears.....the closer we come to Jesus and the more we get to know Him the more we can love Him.

But we will never love Him as much as we should as long as we are on this earth.

Some people's love comes by feelings and they look ecstatic when they feel good, the love I'm talking about comes from in the inside----deeper :wub:

This loves can only grow if we grow closer to Jesus and realize how much He loved us....He died for us, would we give our life for somebody else??

Angels :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would I give my life for someone else, well it would depend on the circumstances. You see right now my wife is on my insuriance and she has MS. Should I die, she would loose that insuriance and it would be very hard for her to keep up. So I'd be sacrificing much more than just myself. I doubt I would for an adult.

As to how I express or practice my love for Him, I'd have to put this way. When I confessed with my mouth that Jesus was Lord, I was being truthful. I do what He tells me to do all the time every day, day in and out. Giving time to some money to others and prayers for many including myself. I'm open for His instruction as to learn things, or do things for Him or in His name if necessary.

se

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

I struggle with this question myself.

I know I love my wife and kids because I can hug them and stuff but I am not sure how to demonstrate love for Jesus.  It just doesn't seem to be enough. I see others in relationship with Him and they look ecstatic. Why doesn't that happen with me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey G,

I'm not even pretending to have an answer. But here's my thoughts on this. I can pretty much guarantee that I do not walk around looking "ecstatic". That's not how my love for Jesus is reflected in me personally---we're all different, I suppose.

When you read the New Testament, pay particular attention to how the Apostles and disciples demonstrate their love for, and reflect their relationship with, Jesus---not much ecstacy goin' on there.

:24:

And, I may be wrong, but I believe in some ways it's harder for a man to experience love for Jesus, than it is for a woman.

:wub:

It would be interesting to hear from the guys about how they relate to Jesus on a personal level---if they'd be willing to share?

Peace,

Fiosh

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Judgeing by some of the reactions I get to some of the posts I make, I would say my words don't always reflect the love or wisdom of Jesus. It worries me that I can so easilly go against His will and voice MY opinion even though it may hurt some one. I believe part of loving Jesus is respecting Him enough to consider "what would Jesus do?" with every time I respond. Alas, pride becomes a factor and upon reflection can seem very hateful.

I'm sorry people. I'm sorry Lord

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Judgeing by some of the reactions I get to some of the posts I make, I would say my words don't always reflect the love or wisdom of Jesus. It worries me that I can so easilly go against His will and voice MY opinion even though it may hurt some one. I believe part of loving Jesus is respecting Him enough to consider "what would Jesus do?" with every time I respond. Alas, pride becomes a factor and upon reflection can seem very hateful.

I'm sorry people. I'm sorry Lord

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think most of us here have that same problem! Pride................causes lots and lots of problems in every area of our lives. But, we love ya!

:24:

:wub:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

You're right, Kahlan. We all have some apologizing to do.

Pride is my biggest obstacle to "holiness".