• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

I have a "Christian" friend who owns a couple of dream-catchers and has them hanging in her house.  I advised her to get rid of them, but she insisted that she just liked the look of them and that she had prayed over them, therefore, it is okay and continued to have them in her house.  Since then, her husband became violent, physically abusing her boys.  Her and her husband broke up...but she still continues to have a dream-catcher, whether it's in her house or on her key-ring.

I myself, believe us Christians shouldn't own them or have them in our homes!  What do you think?

Deuteronomy 7:26

"Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it; but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing"

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

34 minutes ago, LivingbyFaith said:

I have a "Christian" friend who owns a couple of dream-catchers and has them hanging in her house.  I advised her to get rid of them, but she insisted that she just liked the look of them and that she had prayed over them, therefore, it is okay and continued to have them in her house.  Since then, her husband became violent, physically abusing her boys.  Her and her husband broke up...but she still continues to have a dream-catcher, whether it's in her house or on her key-ring.

I myself, believe us Christians shouldn't own them or have them in our homes!  What do you think?

Deuteronomy 7:26

"Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it; but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing"

I can't judge your friend, but I was reminded of Romans chapter 14, especially verse 14: I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

It needs to be read in context and I don't feel as if I can say much about it except that if dreamcatchers seem wrong to you, you should avoid them. If your friend truly doesn't give them any power in her mind or faith, then they are just doodads. It's not in the dreamcatchers (or any other object), but it's in the way we think and feel about them.

Just my thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Since then, her husband became violent, physically abusing her boys.  Her and her husband broke up...but she still continues to have a dream-catcher, whether it's in her house or on her key-ring.

Reads like she had children when she married and the man would not accept another man's offspring. If so that evidently happened before the dream catchers were on the scene. She first got caught in a nightmare of a man. Now she hopes there is power in a doodad to overcome what is oppressing her in a evil willed man. To her it is more than  a doodad, it is a focus point for which to avoid staring at her despair.

So she has now emptied her house of this man, and it is a perfect place for a new man of evil to come into and repeat the cycle of woes.  Sure she needs to get rid of the dream catchers, not because they have power of any kind, but because she is using them to keep herself void of the power of God in her life.

She simply does not know Christ Jesus as Lord God and savior. She is not indwelled by the Holy Spirit. She has no understanding of what she may read of God's word. She is desperate and her children suffer. 

Her house needs cleansing, her mind and spirit need repenting and turning about to Jesus. She needs the power of God the Holy Spirit to turn her about to repentance and toward Jesus as her Lord God and savior. God has declared He is a jealous God, He will not tolerate other gods. A dream catcher is a physical symbol of another god; one she has placed before our God in her life.  That symbol must be denied. It cannot be considered just a dohicky even though  it in of itself has no power whatsoever. It is a defiance of God the Holy Spirit.

The household needs to declare itself free of little gods and totally dependent  upon the authority of God in the name of our Lord Jesus enabled by God the Holy Spirit. and the symbols of little god's demons and little antichrists destroyed.

Yes the symbols are bad. They each anger our jealous God.

Edited by Neighbor

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Romans 14:14 NKJV
[14] I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Would you also apply that scripture to the ouija board?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

LivingbyFaith,

A missionary once told a friend of mine that the darkest place in the world (for mission workers) can be found on a Native American reservation in southwestern South Dakota. I have to wonder if the darkness and strongholds linger as they do because much of the sorcery is overlooked as harmless and/or valuable, art and culture.

i.e. I saw a pair of dream catchers go for a LOT of money at a recent fundraising event. Raised more money than anything else donated for the sale.

So while on the one hand -- I wouldn't necessarily fear going into a home with a dream catcher per Romans 14, I also would not want one in my home because they are well known to be linked with contacting the spirit world (sorcery, necromancy, etc). I also believe I would have to counsel a Christian who owns such things, as you did. Per Acts 19:19: A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

The Ouija board is just plastic with letters on it. It's what someone does with it is where the evil is introduced.

Keeping unclean things in our life invite unclean spirits. It is opening a door. It is keeping the door open to unclean spirits. We usually get burned when we play with fire. 

Dream catchers are Indian witchcraft. The pagan Indian practices all kinds of demonic rituals. They have a spirit they beckon for all kinds of things. Having grown up in NM and living in Az; I can tell you the principality in these areas is distinct .

The ouija board is also a tool for witchcraft. It invites unclean spirits whether one is aware of it or not! 

Satan and his minions dont wait to be verbally invited. They are invited in with TOOLS used to beckon them and the house these things reside is unclean ;unswept .

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm told the Internet is a tool of satan by some. Does that qualify?

It is beneficial to not bring in fallacious arguments. Smh...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

7 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Should Christians own "Dream-Catchers?"

What do you think? 

No. There are thousands of unholy practices performed or used by animist and shamanist cultures which should be avoided by Christians, otherwise the sinning Christians will be cursed/judged by God.(1Corinthians 11:30). Christians should stick to Christian practices and culture as per the Word of God/Bible, eg consult the prophets/pastors/teachers of God, instead of false prophets/pastors(Deuteronomy 18:9-19) and judge the prophets/pastors/teachers by their fruits/works/actions.

Have faith in Jesus Christ(= saved from hell when they die) and keep the Law(= gain a good and long life on earth - cf Acts 15:24-29 & 21:20-25).

1Corinthians 11:29-31 = 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Edited by discipler777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God plus anything created is not faith alone in God alone... understanding the only manipulative power satan has is through using created things to persuade lie. The whole council of God is He plans to remove all first created instances due to His perfection of Heart

Jude 23

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

As God examines perfectly the heart, all that is within it, that which is of The Faith, in God alone, clings to only God's /Spiritual truths upon complete reliance without the created thing involved in any continuance into the eternity with Him...

2 Peter 3:11-13

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

As the pure undefiled faith

Heb 11:1

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
KJV

I am not ashamed of the faith that is in God alone formed by the excellence of His Word by instruction of His s/Spirit... it is life, peace, unending into the eternity with God as He guides with wonder upon wonder of His never ceasing abilities...

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It's our own superstitions which are lies that invite demons!..things don't.

We arent talking about superstitions here.  

Symbols mean something. 

Ephesians 6:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.