IGNORED

Should Christians own "Dream-Catchers?"

LivingbyFaith

7 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

I have a "Christian" friend who owns a couple of dream-catchers and has them hanging in her house.  I advised her to get rid of them, but she insisted that she just liked the look of them and that she had prayed over them, therefore, it is okay and continued to have them in her house.  Since then, her husband became violent, physically abusing her boys.  Her and her husband broke up...but she still continues to have a dream-catcher, whether it's in her house or on her key-ring.

I myself, believe us Christians shouldn't own them or have them in our homes!  What do you think?

Deuteronomy 7:26

"Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it; but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing"

I would not go so far as to blame what happened with her husband on the dream catchers, or judge her motives for having them, but they could create a snare for her.  Most likely, she has some belief in them, and having them around could create a snare.  

I was just visiting the Ripley's Museum in Gatlinburg recently, and they have several idols on displace, including a huge Buddha.  They claim that if you rub it's stomach, it brings you good fortune, and there is a temptation to do it, so it can create a snare.  I saw one man go up and place his faith in that idol.  Only she knows her reason for having them, and if she has any faith in them.  We who are strong know that an idol is nothing, so it can be unclean to one person and not to another, but I do see potential danger.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In order for satan, 'a creation of God', to dupe that which is or was dead in Spirit... he must use sensual body things of material nature it is the only port communicable! God's regeneration of our being by Spirit allows our faith to be placed in God alone- by understanding His creation witnesses to us of Him and His abilities -but- is not necessary for Him 'TO BE'... He before His creation events 'IS' and that being without end.... leaving us to understand that which our flesh is joined to 1st creation event is not a necessary thing but only God Who has made it!

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya, stumble because they will naively think it is OK or harmless to bring these occultic and demonic paraphernalia into their homes.  

2 Cor 6:15,16

And what concord hath Christ with Belial

And what agreement have the Temple of God with Idols. For ye are the Temple of the Living God

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are absolutely correct. It is used for Native witchcraft and there are very powerful, nasty evil entities behind this stuff.  I was deeply heavily into native spirituality when i went into the New Age. I knew real shamans and had an native elder as a friend &  spiritual teacher.  Gullible people can try to mislead others all they want , I earned the gift of spiritual discernment the hard way, these are doorways to unclean spirits --that is a FACT. It does NOT please GOD to have these items in your home or attached to your life in anyway, shape or form. 

Gods children perish for lack of knowledge. 

Yeah I had things happen to me that taught me the hard way as well.. I wasnt looking to be taunted by demons but God allowed it.  I was innocent as far as knowing the dangers I had put myaelf in! The doorway was the occult and my sin in my life and the TOOL was what God used to teach me .

Scripture states in 1 corinth 5:5 that God will turn a saints flesh over the satan to save his  soul. 

If a christian is sinning wilfully or even ignorant of sinning wilfully because of wilful disobedience of learning Gods word; God will use anything he pleases to sift them. 

Scripture doesnt set parimeters so if a person says God wont do it; it is simply conjecture based on assumption.

We do not have liberty to keep objects in our home that are well known as being used for witchcraft. Our sin and our ignorance invites a teachable season! We should strive to live Holy lives free from the appearance of evil. The dream catcher and ouija board are certainly not historically known as God Glorifying ovjects!! 

The vision of a dream catcher or ouija board sitting next to the bible in the home of a believer is devastating. One may as well have a witchcraft spell book sitting on the shelf  if we go with the opinion that something  is just a plant or plastic; a book on witchcraft spells is just paper and ink!! 

(5) That the spirit may be saved.--The object of this punishment was the destruction of the flesh, and the salvation of the man.

Verse 5. - To deliver such a one unto Satan. Scripture nowhere defines the character and limits of such a sentence as this. By cutting off an offender from Church communion (2 Thessalonians 3:14, 15), that is, from all the visible means of grace, he was for the time separated from spiritual influences, and was, therefore, so far handed over to Satan. The phrase is also applied to Hymenaeus and Alexander, in 1 Timothy 1:20. It is very doubtful whether it was necessarily meant to involve such physical inflictions as fell on Ananias, Sapphira, or Elymas. It is, however, important to observe that the intention of the sentence, like the true intention of excommunication, when exercised in a right spirit (see Hooker, 'Eccl. Pol.,' 3:1, § 13), was not wrathful, but merciful. It was, as Calvin says, "medicinale remedium" - "not for destruction, but for edification" (2 Corinthians 10:8). Hymenaeus and Alexander were handed to Satan, not for their final ruin and damnation, but with a kind and remedial purpose, "that they may learn not to blaspheme" (1 Timothy 1:20), and this offender with the express object ', that his spirit may be saved." Had these facts been more deeply studied, there would have been a very different tone and spirit in many of the mediaeval anathemas. Such a one (setup. 2 Corinthians 2:7). He seems to hold aloof from the man's very name. So "such as she" (τὰς τοιαύτας) is used of the adulteress in John 8:7. For the destruction of the flesh; i.e. that all carnal influences in him might be destroyed. It is not his "body" which is to be destroyed, but the , "flesh," the jetzer hara, or "evil impulse," as the Jews called it. When this was destroyed, the body might once more become a temple of the Holy Ghost. That the spirit may be saved. The destruction of the lowest element of our human nature is the salvation of the highest; it is the cutting away of the dead corpse from the living soul. In the day of the Lord; when the Lord should judge the quick and the dead. The merciful intention of St. Paul is clearly developed in 2 Corinthians 2:6-11. He looked on God's judgments as remedial, not as solely retributive (1 Corinthians 11:29-32). Here, as Chrysostom finely says, the apostle lays down, as it were, his laws to the devil, telling him how far, and how far only, he can proceed. The object of excommunication is to save the offender, and not to do the devil's work by ensuring his eternal ruin. We can imagine how awful would be the solemnity of these words when they were first read aloud to the little Christian communities of Corinth. It was natural that they should produce an overwhelming excitement.

5:1-8 The apostle notices a flagrant abuse, winked at by the Corinthians. Party spirit, and a false notion of Christian liberty, seem to have saved the offender from censure. Grievous indeed is it that crimes should sometimes be committed by professors of the gospel, of which even heathens would be ashamed. Spiritual pride and false doctrines tend to bring in, and to spread such scandals. How dreadful the effects of sin! The devil reigns where Christ does not. And a man is in his kingdom, and under his power, when not in Christ. The bad example of a man of influence is very mischievous; it spreads far and wide. Corrupt principles and examples, if not corrected, would hurt the whole church. Believers must have new hearts, and lead new lives. Their common conversation and religious deeds must be holy. So far is the sacrifice of Christ our Passover for us, from rendering personal and public holiness unnecessary, that it furnishes powerful reasons and motives for it. Without holiness we can neither live by faith in him, nor join in his ordinances with comfort and profit.

If a saint is seeking to stay away from all things unholy or the appearance of evil; better to rid ones home that has objects of   historical evil implications of witchcraft! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

53 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya, stumble because they will naively think it is OK or harmless to bring these occultic and demonic paraphernalia into their homes.  

Guest Teditis

Yowm seems to have this conversation nailed down pat.

God is the author and finisher of all things... He owns all things and people only choose to relegate them over

to demonic forces on their own whim... they give up the power and Majesty of God. And thereby do Him and injustice.

A Dream-catcher is just a thing... it has no intrinsic good or evil in it

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, it is the meaning that is assigned to an object that creates the evil superstition.  The object sits inanimate otherwise.

The cross has no historic spiritual relevence?? Rather, it is an inanimate object to those unlearned.

Proves my point.

The cross is HISTORICALLY KNOWN to have been the TOOL , the OBJECT USED to crucify the  messiah Jesus Christ. It has spiritual meaning.  The cross was THE object God allowed as a means to his will.

The cross isnt a superstition. It is historically relevant!

The enemy satan also uses certain objects to glorify himself. History tells us this is so. Its not subjective. It is verifiable history that certain objects are used for  evil results! 

The spirit(historically verified) behind the object is of utmost relevance . 

It isnt up to the eye of the beholder when history has  dictated otherwise.

Ive already talked till I am almost blue in the  face. No good comes from objects used for witchcraft. 

Case closed 

2 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

The cross has no historic spiritual relevence?? Rather, it is an inanimate object to those unlearned.

Proves my point.

The cross is HISTORICALLY KNOWN to have been the TOOL , the OBJECT USED to crucify the  messiah Jesus Christ. It has spiritual meaning.  The cross was THE object God allowed as a means to his will.

The cross isnt a superstition. It is historically relevant!

The enemy satan also uses certain objects to glorify himself. History tells us this is so. Its not subjective. It is verifiable history that certain objects are used for  evil results! 

The spirit(historically verified) behind the object is of utmost relevance . 

It isnt up to the eye of the beholder when history has  dictated otherwise.

Ive already talked till I am almost blue in the  face. No good comes from objects used for witchcraft. 

Case closed 

Not by a long shot.  To the Christian, the cross has meaning, yet many sinners wear it as just jewelry.  The dream catcher has meaning to the superstitious, but to another it is just décor.  I know it would create an appearance of evil, so I wouldn't have one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hope so, especially seeing some are not grasping my point.

after reading through the thread, I would say that some do not think your point is valid....   it's not that they don't understand it.

It appears that most also don't understand the purpose of a dream catcher....   even if you accept the dream catcher as real and affective it is not a bad thing, unlike a wiji board that is designed to contact the spirit world (which it can do).

Edited by other one

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Very wrong. That is a dangerous & deceptive misuse of that scripture.  Is it fine to have statues of Buddhas in your home?  How about pentagrams?  The answer is clearly No.  Why would a Christian have things in their home that are the worship of false gods and an insult to God?

I believe that God will judge whether I am right or wrong, thanks anyway. ;)

I think it really depends on how you feel about them, where your faith is. Do you celebrate Christmas? Have a Christmas tree? Let your kids hunt eggs on Easter? What about Halloween? Do you celebrate it by going to a special party at the church?

I understand what you mean and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it really is how one feels about anything that makes the difference.