• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Davida said:

So??  this is fine for a Christian to have in their home , according to you?  

A thing without the breath of life within it is just a thing …. it is the significance of what those with the breath of life assign to those objects. Thus because it has attached worship as a god I don't not want the association of the attachment but the thing itself in itself is amoral...

4 hours ago, Peavey said:

I believe that God will judge whether I am right or wrong, thanks anyway. ;)

I think it really depends on how you feel about them, where your faith is. Do you celebrate Christmas? Have a Christmas tree? Let your kids hunt eggs on Easter? What about Halloween? Do you celebrate it by going to a special party at the church?

I understand what you mean and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it really is how one feels about anything that makes the difference.

Yeah thats what the seeker friendly emergent church teaches. Base decisions on "feelings". Which  is why most churches are apostate. People these days desire to have their ears tickled because the truth offends their sensibilities. 

I thought Christians are supposed to base all of our decisions on Gods word.

God tells us our hearts are deceitful. Jeremiah 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

The world says 'listen to your heart', 'follow your heart'. Proverbs 14:12There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

Which btw ;  Christmas is  when Christians recognize Jesus birth and resurrection sunday his ascension to the Father. Hallows eve  holiday is recognized for its ghouls and goblins and witches and haunted houses but veiled in cutesy costumes and tastey candies. . It is a pagan holiday.

Btw. Im not being argumentative either.  My opinions differ .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

No. Because of my background and nearly everyone knows what those things represent. I had no idea a dream catcher was an Indian worship/superstitious object, I thought it was a plant that people had superstitious ideas about.  The plant in itself would not have been evil no more than going under a ladder.

Yowm no wonder you didn't see evil in it .     You would be right , NO PLANT is evil .    I got tickled when I read this .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, 1sheep said:

Yeah thats what the seeker friendly emergent church teaches. Base decisions on "feelings". Which  is why most churches are apostate. People these days desire to have their ears tickled because the truth offends their sensibilities. 

I thought Christians are supposed to base all of our decisions on Gods word.

God tells us our hearts are deceitful. Jeremiah 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

The world says 'listen to your heart', 'follow your heart'. Proverbs 14:12There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

Which btw ;  Christmas is  when Christians recognize Jesus birth and resurrection sunday his ascension to the Father. Hallows eve  holiday is recognized for its ghouls and goblins and witches and haunted houses but veiled in cutesy costumes and tastey candies. . It is a pagan holiday.

Btw. Im not being argumentative either.  My opinions differ .

YEP , whatever or however it FEELS .   YOU PEGGED THIS RIGHT ON SISTER   its that emergent stuff .

Isnt it something what when the early church got saved , IT talked about how they brought their books scorcery stuff , AND BURNED IT .

BURNED IT .    THEY BURNED IT .

But today its HOW IT FEELS on whether or not something is WRONG .      YOU SPOT ON SISTER .  SPOT ON THE DOT .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

I have a "Christian" friend who owns a couple of dream-catchers and has them hanging in her house.  I advised her to get rid of them, but she insisted that she just liked the look of them and that she had prayed over them, therefore, it is okay and continued to have them in her house.  Since then, her husband became violent, physically abusing her boys.  Her and her husband broke up...but she still continues to have a dream-catcher, whether it's in her house or on her key-ring.

I myself, believe us Christians shouldn't own them or have them in our homes!  What do you think?

Deuteronomy 7:26

"Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it; but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing"

I totally agree with you..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It does not matter what it "can" do.  A car "can" take you to the local Circle-K down the street for a Slurpy, but unless you climb inside it, put a key in the ignition, turn it to start the car, put the car in gear and drive it down to the Circle-K, the car isn't going to do any of that on it's own.  It needs several deliberate and conscious actions to actually get it, and you to the Circle-K.  Does a car just sitting in the driveway get you to Walmart without deliberate actions on your part?

A dreamcatcher can't do anything just hanging on your wall.  It is a powerless inanimate object.  Should it be there, if you are a Christian?  No.  But even so, that dreamcatcher can do nothing on it's own.  It can't summon anything.  It can't suddenly propel anyone into the occult.  A gun can't shoot anyone laying on a table.  A Christmas tree can't signify worship of a pagan god just by being in your living room.  And a dream catcher cannot draw you into the occult just by existing.  An object is never the problem.  A certain desire and mindset is always the problem.

Thank you for a rational explanation.  

Giving power, i.e. desire, worship, attention, etc. is a problem.  An inanimate object on your wall, table, or other place isn't.  A dreamcatcher on your window that you like because it make pretty colors when the sun hits it?  Not an issue. 

There are similar items not discussed much.  Do you talk to or communicate with the pictures of your parents hanging on the wall?  Is that wrong?  How about a necklace, ring, or watch from your parents?  Is that idol worship of ancestors?  Are you assigning some power to wearing that necklace, ring, or watch?  Is that more idol worship?  

As Cobalt said, it seems that inanimate objects only have the power we give them.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

Thanks brothers and sisters for sharing your input and knowledge on this subject, it's all been quite informative...God bless!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Thet burned the books because of the false ideas and lies they contained.

But when it comes to inanimate objects like dream catchers...

Ps 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, The work of man's hands.
Ps 115:5 They have mouths, but they cannot speak; They have eyes, but they cannot see;
Ps 115:6 They have ears, but they cannot hear; They have noses, but they cannot smell;
Ps 115:7 They have hands, but they cannot feel; They have feet, but they cannot walk; They cannot make a sound with their throat.
Ps 115:8 Those who make them will become like them, Everyone who trusts in them.

Exodus 20 = 1 And God spoke all these words, saying:

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

You shall have no other gods before Me.

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Do you think a Quija Board sitting in a corner by itself can contact the spirit world or does it take human participation calling on the spirits through the use of the Board?

I have seen the puck on a board move by itself with no one touching it more than once.....   so yes it can

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It does not matter what it "can" do.  A car "can" take you to the local Circle-K down the street for a Slurpy, but unless you climb inside it, put a key in the ignition, turn it to start the car, put the car in gear and drive it down to the Circle-K, the car isn't going to do any of that on it's own.  It needs several deliberate and conscious actions to actually get it, and you to the Circle-K.  Does a car just sitting in the driveway get you to Walmart without deliberate actions on your part?

A dreamcatcher can't do anything just hanging on your wall.  It is a powerless inanimate object.  Should it be there, if you are a Christian?  No.  But even so, that dreamcatcher can do nothing on it's own.  It can't summon anything.  It can't suddenly propel anyone into the occult.  A gun can't shoot anyone laying on a table.  A Christmas tree can't signify worship of a pagan god just by being in your living room.  And a dream catcher cannot draw you into the occult just by existing.  An object is never the problem.  A certain desire and mindset is always the problem.

it isn't meant to summon anything, it is made to block bad dreams.....   and note that I did say (Assuming it can do)…..    even if it's as real as anything it is not a bad thing.  It's not an idol.

at the very most all it can do is give one peace of mind and a good night's sleep.