• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Hallows Eve has always been pagan. It is evil. 

Still want to argue? LOL

Halloween started as a pagan ceremony (the Celtic Samhain), was taken over by Rome as a "day of the dead" but the church moved "All Saints Day" to the day after and that's where the "Hallowed Evening" shortened to "Hallowe'en" came from.

It followed the same pattern as Christmas. The church tried to take it over rather unsuccessfully like it did Christmas. Same difference. We pick and choose what we want.

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Peavey said:

Still want to argue? LOL

Halloween started as a pagan ceremony (the Celtic Samhain), was taken over by Rome as a "day of the dead" but the church moved "All Saints Day" to the day after and that's where the "Hallowed Evening" shortened to "Hallowe'en" came from.

It followed the same pattern as Christmas. The church tried to take it over rather unsuccessfully like it did Christmas. Same difference. We pick and choose what we want.

This is a discussion forum. Who is arguing? 

You didnt say differently to my response except to go off on a rabbit trail with it . It is derailing the thread so Ill bow out so the thread can get back to OP.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

5 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A dream catcher is just an inanimate object.  Demons only possess and occupy living things, i.e. animals and people.  They do not occupy an inanimate object. 

ACTS.19:18-19 (NKJV) = 18 And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds. 19 Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.

The early Christians who had previously practiced magic, did not continue to keep their inanimate books on Magic in their homes but burned them, even though the books could have been sold to other non-Christians for a lot of money.

I believe non-living things like homes/castles, graveyards and tropical jungles can be haunted or occupied by demons/"ghosts".

What you are actually doing is giving satan much more power than what he actually has.

You may be doing the opposite.

Edited by discipler777

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am well aware of how powerful satan is.  Is he more powerful than God?

You simply do not wish to admit that your position here is wrong.  i don't think it is a good idea for people to have anything that has something to do with a worldly religion.  But these inanimate objects have absolutely no power of their own and can do nothing without a person actively trying to use them to achieve the purpose they were made for.  Your are saying that inanimate objects can do something on their own when they cannot.

I would think that Christians who keep Dreamcatchers, a pagan/animist Native American cultural practice with spiritual connotations, will be displeasing God.

This should also apply to "powerless and inanimate" objects from other pagan cultures like ouija boards, tarot cards, crystal balls, talisman, books on Magic/sorcery/withcraft,  Satan's Pentagram, etc.

Will a husband be pleased if his wife keeps and occasionally looks at inanimate objects, gifts and memorabilia of her ex-boyfriend/s.?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

20 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

I would think that Christians who keep Dreamcatchers, a pagan/animist Native American cultural practice with spiritual connotations, will be displeasing God.

This should also apply to "powerless and inanimate" objects from other pagan cultures like ouija boards, tarot cards, crystal balls, talisman, books on Magic/sorcery/withcraft,  Satan's Pentagram, etc.

Will a husband be pleased if his wife keeps and occasionally looks at inanimate objects, gifts and memorabilia of her ex-boyfriend/s.?

I personally fear to bring God this far into the muck as a earthy understood jealousy :noidea:  I know God is a jealous God but in holiness and righteousness both of which I have not fully attained in understanding :) So the reason I hesitate in this analogy … understanding the point you have made however.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I'm not biting at your attempt at a thread derail.

Explain to me how a dream catcher, hanging on the wall in someone's living room, who has no clue what the thing is, can cause some kind of cataclysmic spiritual harm.

Spell it out for me.

I think it depends on whether it has fresh batteries. ;)

• Oy Vey! 1

25 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I'm not biting at your attempt at a thread derail.

Explain to me how a dream catcher, hanging on the wall in someone's living room, who has no clue what the thing is, can cause some kind of cataclysmic spiritual harm.

Spell it out for me.

JOSHUA.6:18-19 & 7:11-12 (NKJV) = 18 And you, by all means abstain from the accursed things, lest you become accursed when you take of the accursed things, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19 But all the silver and gold, and vessels of bronze and iron, are consecrated to the Lord; they shall come into the treasury of the Lord.” ...

7:11 Israel has sinned, and they have also transgressed My covenant which I commanded them. For they have even taken some of the accursed things, and have both stolen and deceived; and they have also put it among their own stuff. 12 Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they have become doomed to destruction. Neither will I be with you anymore, unless you destroy the accursed from among you.

2CORINTHIANS.6:14-18 = 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”

17 Therefore

“Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

My personal take on Dream Catchers is the same as my take on Christmas trees, or the choosing of the dates for Christmas and Easter. 

People get their panties in a wad over way too much legalism. If someone celebrates Christmas and Easter every year because they have their whole life, since childhood, and as a Christian event. Then some guy comes along and says those were really pagan holidays (they probably were) so it is a sin to celebrate. 

The most powerful word in the English language is "why" - as in "why are you doing what you are doing?"  It's the difference between first degree murder and killing in self defense.

So, the bottom line is, "WHY" is the dreamcatcher on the wall?

BTW, It was a pretty good movie in its day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,709
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

A dream catcher is nothing more then wood and string...it only has power if you give it power.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

Thanks people!  You've put a lot of interesting information on here and you've definitely confirmed my thoughts on this subject...thanks!