• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

1)  I see you still cannot post a web link properly.  The web link you point people to should appear like this:

https://askdrbrown.org/

It's a simple matter of copy & pasting the link itself in the browser address.  No one can click on your botched link and end up anywhere.

3)  Show me scripture in the New Testament that commands the Church to tithe.

3) 1CORINTHIANS.9:1-12 (NKJV) = 1 Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? 2 If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

3 My defense to those who examine me is this: 4 Do we have no right to eat and drink? 5 Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? 6 Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working? 7 Who ever goes to war at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat of its fruit? Or who tends a flock and does not drink of the milk of the flock?

8 Do I say these things as a mere man? Or does not the law say the same also? 9 For it is written in the law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain.” Is it oxen God is concerned about? 10 Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope. 11 If we have sown spiritual things for you, is it a great thing if we reap your material things? 12 If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more?

Christians should tithe to support God's laborers, eg pastors and missionaries. (cf MATTHEW.25:31-46)

1) Sorry, I thought I read somewhere that links are not allowed on this forum.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

inspired the shamans i.e. their religious high priests of their  Indigenous tribes of this false spirituality with false stories of creation.  It is the Shamans through sorcery & witchcraft ( the native high priests or medicine people some tribes call them)  who were the ones who made contact with demons through various means , who then act as a go between between these fallen evil spirits to then teach people through these legends--- the doctrines of demons.   

Over in tropical SE Asia, they have bomohs. In the Caribbean tropics, they have voodoo priests. The Chinese have less powerful resident temple mediums.

Seems, demons are prevalent in dense and dark tropical jungles. Native indigenous people who live near the jungle or enter the jungle for food/etc may be contacted and recruited by the demons to become false prophets/bomohs/voodoo-priests/etc.

Edited by discipler777

46 minutes ago, Yowm said:

(First paragraph) No one said anything about offering anything to an idol. If someone is idolizing a Dream Thingy or anything i.e. Putting anything before God, they are in sin.

But you quoted 1CORINTHIANS8:4-6 (NKJV) = 4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

which is followed and completed by verse 7-13 = 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.

9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

So, if eating foods/things offered to idols at home or outside were forbidden to Gentile Christians at ACTS.15 & 21, what more the keeping of idols in their homes, even though "strong" Gentile Christians may consider the idols as inanimate objects. So, why not Gentile Christians be allowed to also eat the foods/things offered to idols since the foods/things were offered to inanimate objects.?

There must be a reason why the Spirit-filled Christian elders of the Jerusalem Council at ACTS.15:24-29 forbid Gentile Christians from eating foods/things offered to idols. ...

1COR.11:29-32 = 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Similarly, there must be a reason why the Spirit-filled Christian elders of the Jerusalem Council at ACTS.15:24-29 forbid the Gentile Christians from sexual immorality. ...

1COR.6:18-20 = 18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

1COR.3:16-17 = 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 NKJV
[4] Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. [5] For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), [6] yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

That includes a bunch of feathers stringed on to  pieces of wood, ...nothing... unless one believes they have power, then they are succumbing to the lies of demons. 

no one is calling a dream catcher a god.....  or something to worship....   even if you believe in it's supposed use it isn't anything more than a tool...

2 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Put one in your house. Test your theory.?

LoL   now that you mention it, I had them in my house during some of the years I walked with the dark side and I can tell you from personal experience that they do not work...   didn't affect the demons at all...…   either before I had them, during the time I had them, and after I got rid of them....    The Holy Spirit had to get rid of the dark ones and it had nothing whatsoever to do with dream catchers....

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I didn’t read through all this, but I had a dream catcher once. I threw it in the trash because I realized I didn’t want to “catch” my dreams. They are not always good!  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Put one in your house. Test your theory.?

:yadda:  I live in the southwest US and there are a lot of dream catchers hanging on walls around here. They're just feathers, line, and wood strung together unless someone wants to attribute some kind of power to them. Similar situation in Corinthians that Paul wrote about. Hang one on the wall, or don't. Its your choice - but don't denigrate someone who does.

Frankly, this thread has turned into something similar to the "Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter is Evil!" threads we get around here around those holidays.  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Its the same old argument that people try to say that Yoga is just stretching.  When the Truth is it is Asanas used to open demonic energy centers to connect to Hindu dieties and invokes the Kundalini spirit. 

And yoga involves dream catchers how?  :blink:  You're comparing 2 decidedly unlike items.  (I don't do yoga anyway. Yogurt, maybe, but not yoga.)

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

IT is Exactly like I said above , it is the exact same type of  argument being used here as with Yoga.  Read it over what I said. 

I did not say the act of Yoga was the same as a dream catcher. It is the EXACT same thing as separating yoga from it's purpose and saying it is just "stretches" is same as saying the dream catcher is just string and feathers.

This is sameness in this argument is obvious to me, not to you?? :rolleyes:  :mgdetective:

Not the same, and I'm not going to debate the point. Have other things to be concerned with. Have a nice day.

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So is there an issue? Tools can be used for good or evil just as a hunk of wood can be used for warming a house or for carving an idol and worshipping it.

you are just making something out of it that it is not...    you can make an idol out of your car keys too.,