Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeCanada

The Timing of Christ's Return & Why it Matters

Recommended Posts

Dawn of a New Day is an exciting new series of eight short, 10-minute videos which may offer the most up-to-date, convincing, and scripturally-sound arguments ever assembled regarding the Tribulation, Rapture timing, God’s Wrath, and preparing for Christ’s return. Many of us have based our understanding of End Time Events on long- outdated and disproven ideas. This video series will inspire you to consider new evidence.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/228768-the-timing-of-christs-return-and-why-it-matters/ 

These videos are a "must" view. 

 

Please share them with everyone.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched a couple of these, they are well made!

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is well done, and hits the mark on several points, but it also has a major problem.

The Parable of the 1o virgins is not about the Church.  I wonder if any one actually reads it and understands the Hebrew marriage of Yeshua's day.

The bridegroom comes, but Matthew 25 clearly states it is the wedding banquet that is going on.  The Greek "gamos" has the meaning of wedding banquet/feast/festival.  Not the actual marriage and consummation that precedes it.

Read the following and see if you don't hear Yeshua comments from elsewhere in it.

In the Hebrew marriage, the betrothal takes place.  Then the groom goes back to his father's house and prepare a Chupah or marriage chamber for them.  The groom comes and receives his bride to himself,  but that is after He has prepared a place for them.    He cannot come for his bride until his Father has approved the marriage chamber or Chupah.  If the groom is ever asked by anyone when the marriage will be, he answers "only my Father knows".    When he does come for his bride, he then takes his bride back to the marriage chamber or Chupah, and the marriage is consummated.  They remain in the Chupah for 7 days.  

At the end of the 7 days, they emerge from the Chupah and then the wedding banquet commences.  The is where Matthew 25 comes in.  The virgins are those on the earth and are not the bride.   The Bride is not multiple virgins like some goofy Muslim idea.  

The parable of the 10 virgins dovetails with the sheep and goat judgement later in Matthew 25.

Oh boy.  If only people would realize that the Bible was written by Hebrews in a Hebrew context talking about a Hebrew Messiah and get out of their western mindset on how they view scripture.  There are myriads of sources one can consult on how the ancient Hebrew wedding was done. 

 

Edited by OldCoot
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

The parable of the 10 virgins dovetails with the sheep and goat judgement later in Matthew 25.

Not really.

  • Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom."  Matthew 25:1

When? In order to get the context of "Then" you have to read the preceding verses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Not really.

  • Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom."  Matthew 25:1

When? In order to get the context of "Then" you have to read the preceding verses.

The Kingdom of Heaven comes to earth and the Messiah reigns on the earth for 1000 years.  

When Yeshua does come with his bride after they leave the chupah at the Father's house, that is when the nations are gathered and judged and separated into sheep and goats. Same Matthew 25.  The Sheep go into the kingdom, just like the wise virgins go into the banquet, and the goats go to hades, just like the foolish virgins are cast outside.  It really is that simple.  These compliment each other.  It repetition to make point.

Read the Kingdom parables of Matthew 13.  The kingdom is not going to be some perfect type of thing on this earth.  There will still be sin, death, and rebellion.  

The Parable of the mustard seed for instance.  It grows into a huge tree.  Everyone who has any familiarity with growing things knows that the mustard plant is a small plant, not a big tree.  What is going on is an abnormality.  And what is nesting in the branches, but birds.  We know from the previous parable of the Sower, that the birds are the evil ones.

What of the parable of the Leaven?  Leaven throughout scripture is symbolic of sin, that is because pride, like leaven, puffs up.   In this parable about the Kingdom, a woman is hiding leaven in 3 measures of meal.   Three measures of meal is the fellowship offering at the temple.  To hide leaven in the fellowship offering was a capital offense during the Temple period.  Sin is in the kingdom and eventually permeates the entire kingdom.  That is how, when Satan is released, that he foments a major last rebellion against Yeshua.  Revelation 20 and Psalms 2 talks about this.

There will be physical people who are not part of the Church that go into the kingdom to repopulate the earth.  These are the virgins and sheep of Matthew 25.  And the scripture is very clear that Yeshua will rule with a rod of iron.  That implies that He will need to deal with people that get out of line. 

Every thing about Matthew 24 and 25 has to do with Israel and the world during that GT period.  It has nothing to do with the Church, the bride, and the bride is not a conglomerate of virgins.

Edited by OldCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldCoot said:

Every thing about Matthew 24 and 25 has to do with Israel and the world during that GT period.  It has nothing to do with the Church, the bride, and the bride is not a conglomerate of virgins.

The bride according to scripture:

  • Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.  It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.  There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west.  And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.  Revelation 21:9-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

The bride according to scripture:

  • Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”  And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.  It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.  There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west.  And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.  Revelation 21:9-14

Your scripture reference is after the 1000 years, regarding the new heaven and new earth and the new city.   But what does the scripture say who is the bride prior to that.....

John 3:29  He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.

Ephesians 5:24-28  Just as the Messianic Community submits to the Messiah, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 As for husbands, love your wives, just as the Messiah loved the Messianic Community, indeed, gave himself up on its behalf, 26 in order to set it apart for God, making it clean through immersion in the mikveh, so to speak, 27 in order to present the Messianic Community to himself as a bride to be proud of, without a spot, wrinkle or any such thing, but holy and without defect. 28 This is how husbands ought to love their wives — like their own bodies; for the man who loves his wife is loving himself.

Revelation 19:6-8 Then I heard what sounded like the voice of a large crowd, like the sound of raging waters, and like the sound of powerful thunderclaps, saying,
“Hallelujah!
The Lord our God, the Almighty, is reigning.
7 Let us rejoice, be glad, and give him glory,
because the marriage [gamos : wedding banquet or feast] of the lamb has come
and his bride has made herself ready.
8 She has been given the privilege of wearing fine linen,
dazzling and pure.”

 

Edited by OldCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Your scripture reference is after the 1000 years, regarding the new heaven and new earth and the new city.   But what does the scripture say who is the bride prior to that.....

I guess it's not unusual for a bride to gain some weight over time, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I guess it's not unusual for a bride to gain some weight over time, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

Well in all fairness, the New Jerusalem of the New Earth is the bride, because at that point all the are part of it are the redeemed.  It is after the millennial reign.  There are those who are not part of the bride who go into the millennial kingdom, like those who survive the GT period.  Someone has to repopulate the earth.  After all, the scripture is pretty clear that Yeshua will need to reign with a rod of iron, there will still be sin in the kingdom, some folks will get out of line, some will not obey and come to Jerusalem at the feast of Tabernacles, etc. 

But the New Jerusalem... well the millennial reign came to a close and all that previous stuff has been done away with.  All that remains is the redeemed.  Everything else has been burned up.  The redeemed is what the New Jerusalem is made up of. So indeed, the New Jerusalem would be representative of the bride of the Lamb at that point.

It pays to look at these things in context.  

Edited by OldCoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Well in all fairness, the New Jerusalem of the New Earth is the bride, because at that point all the are part of it are the redeemed.  It is after the millennial reign.  There are those who are not part of the bride who go into the millennial kingdom, like those who survive the GT period.  Someone has to repopulate the earth.  After all, the scripture is pretty clear that Yeshua will need to reign with a rod of iron, there will still be sin in the kingdom, some folks will get out of line, some will not obey and come to Jerusalem at the feast of Tabernacles, etc. 

But the New Jerusalem... well the millennial reign came to a close and all that previous stuff has been done away with.  All that remains is the redeemed.  Everything else has been burned up.  The redeemed is what the New Jerusalem is made up of. So indeed, the New Jerusalem would be representative of the bride of the Lamb at that point.

It pays to look at these things in context.  

So, Jesus gets 1/2 a bride up front and the other half 1000 years later?  I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×