Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeCanada

The Timing of Christ's Return & Why it Matters

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

And the first people to be baptized in the Holy Spirit were...wait for it....

Jews!

Yes, NT Jews, but not all the Jews, only those who Believed; Then NT Gentiles,  These two sets of Believers (NT Jews and NT Gentiles) are One in Christ, and thus the only ones who were promised the H.S..  These are the body of Christ and thus the Bride of Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 10:18 AM, Montana Marv said:

Yes, NT Jews, but not all the Jews, only those who Believed; Then NT Gentiles,  These two sets of Believers (NT Jews and NT Gentiles) are One in Christ, and thus the only ones who were promised the H.S..  These are the body of Christ and thus the Bride of Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I just think statements like these, "Yes, NT Jews, " have little place. You realize these "NT Jews" were "OT Jews" yes? And do you know that Jesus taught from the OT? As did Paul and the apostles? The OT has exactly the same teaching as the NT with one major difference; the truth was hidden in the OT until Jesus came and now it's revealed in Christ. 

The OT is the NT hidden, the NT is the OT revealed, to wit:

"25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

And this from the OT teachings.

Really there is no such thing as Jew and Gentile or Greek.

 

Romans 2:28

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Romans 2:29

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:1

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

 

Of course the context are those born again in the blood of the Lamb. The gist of it is there is no division of race. Two types exist on the earth: the saved and the unsaved.

Even the unsaved are in Christ as they will appear before the throne and be judged on their behavior, not an ideology, by Christ, and receive their reward

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diaste said:

I just think statements like these, "Yes, NT Jews, " have little place. You realize these "NT Jews" were "OT Jews" yes? And do you know that Jesus taught from the OT? As did Paul and the apostles? The OT has exactly the same teaching as the NT with one major difference; the truth was hidden in the OT until Jesus came and now it's revealed in Christ. 

The OT is the NT hidden, the NT is the OT revealed, to wit:

"25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

And this from the OT teachings.

Really there is no such thing as Jew and Gentile or Greek.

 

Romans 2:28

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Romans 2:29

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:1

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

 

Of course the context are those born again in the blood of the Lamb. The gist of it is there is no division of race. Two types exist on the earth: the saved and the unsaved.

Even the unsaved are in Christ as they will appear before the throne and be judged on their behavior, not an ideology, by Christ, and receive their reward

 

 

So which of your group of Jews were indwelt by the H.S. at Pentecost?  Believing or Unbelieving ones, Those Justified or those not Justified.  And then after that, which group of Gentiles were filled with the H.S. after Pentecost?  Most of the N.T. was written to Christians, those indwelt by the H.S. The Bride of Christ, Jew and Gentile, All are One in Christ. 

Now with the Jewish race, Only Levites could become Priests.  Yet 1 Peter 2:9.10 says - But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God, once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

So once we are in Christ Jesus (Jew or Gentile) we become a royal priesthood.  The Jewish nation a whole cannot claim this. Only when they cross over and are indwelt by the H.S. can they (all Jews) now be part of the priesthood, not just the Levites.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

So which of your group of Jews were indwelt by the H.S. at Pentecost?  Believing or Unbelieving ones, Those Justified or those not Justified.  And then after that, which group of Gentiles were filled with the H.S. after Pentecost?  Most of the N.T. was written to Christians, those indwelt by the H.S. The Bride of Christ, Jew and Gentile, All are One in Christ. 

Now with the Jewish race, Only Levites could become Priests.  Yet 1 Peter 2:9.10 says - But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God, once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

So once we are in Christ Jesus (Jew or Gentile) we become a royal priesthood.  The Jewish nation a whole cannot claim this. Only when they cross over and are indwelt by the H.S. can they (all Jews) now be part of the priesthood, not just the Levites.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Clearly we are saying the same thing.

Please accept my apologies if I misunderstood your thoughts.

My contention opposes any division of Jewish and Gentile believers in the context of salvation, redemption, and the promises of God to His people. All the saved are the children of God without prejudice or discrimination, and are recipients of His great and wonderful promises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...